Turner Syndrome Support Group

Turner syndrome encompasses a number of chromosomal abnormalities, of which monosomy X, is the most common. It occurs in 1 out of every 2,500 female births. Instead of the normal XX sex chromosomes for a female, only one X chromosome is present and fully functional. In Turner syndrome, female sexual characteristics are present but underdeveloped.

0 Online
  • TrueAngel

New To This

Hi everyone, I'm 25 years old, female, diagnosed with TS from birth and have came through the host of challenges that brought with it. Could really use some support at the minute and would like to chat with fellow TS ladies
  • bfofts

Lack of affection in a relationship

Hi, first off, I hope I don't offend anyone. I don't have Turner Syndrome myself but my girlfriend does and I have no idea where to look for advice. We have dated on and off for about a year but in November we committed to being boyfriend and girlfriend. We are both 20 btw. There's so many good things about our relationship but one major problem (mostly for myself) is the lack of affection and...
  • Tsgrl1

In Search Of

I am a 39yr old woman w TS from Roanoke, Va. My hope is to find someone local w Turner's Syndrome that I can connect and hang out w in the hope that we can share our experiences w Turner's and be a support system for one another. You can email me at shrttch@aol.com. Thank you for your time and attention. Hope to hear from someone soon.Nicole Light
  • Emilyspins97

I decided to give this a try?

So, I'm 18 years old, and was just diagnosed with TS about two months ago. It was definitely a pretty big shock. I'm probably going to be rambling, but if you read it all, some advice or encouragements would be really awesome. I found out about the TS diagnosis about two months ago, and everything seems to have changed. My personal life has been sort of a mess here lately as well. Once I found...
  • Hi all, I posted here once before a year or two back but I felt I needed to do it again. I don't have anyone in my life who understands my problems so this is the closest I've got. Beware: ramblings of an emotional teenager.I'm sure this isn't a new topic, but it's the infertility that's been killing me lately, even at only 17 years old. Everyone tells me I can always adopt, etc etc I'm sure you...
  • Hi I am a 42 year old with Turner Syndrome , lately I have been having a lot of health problems that go along with Turners . I was wondering if any of you got Permant disablility for being a condition that you are born with and the learning disability that goes along with it. Thank you
  • loristone

Muscle week ness

Hi I am new to this board. I have Turner Syndrome and for about over a year I have been having leg stiffness and been diagnosed with muscle weekness in both my legs and left hand. After a ton of test and visit to a Neurologist and a Sprots Medicine Dr. They say my stiffness is due to Turner Syndrome .I am 42 years old and I was wondering if any adult women may be having similar symptoms or should...
  • simplymarss

motivation

Hi everyone,I wanted to ask what you guys do motivate yourselves to go about your day and achieve your goals. I know it can be hard and sometimes we don't feel like doing anything. what you guys do that helps you get that motivation and that positive mindset?
  • pamiam1218

My Kingdom for Functioning Ovaries?

Hi all, I'm 26 (almost 27!) and I was diagnosed with TS when I was 5 months old. I was fortunate enough to have strong support and good medical care, and although I have a heart defect, I have never had any serious medical complications from my TS. *knocks on wood*Lately, though, the infertility issue has been eating at me. I've known since I was a teenager that starting a family was going to...
  • hamiltonk

ivf

Hi, i was diagnosed with turner syndrome at the age of six (i am now 29) i have been with my husband for eight years, we have recently started trying to get funding for ivf which is proving difficult, does anyone know anyone who got funding, or actually became pregnant through ivf, as i'm not sure weather to keep fighting for funding or go private x
  • whittywords

Can we talk?

Hi there beautiful ladies,I am looking to create a resource for women and teens with Turners (the kind of thing I wish I had when I was diagnosed) and I want to know what you think the most important issues to address are. Health concerns? Relationship issues? Infertility? Sex and body? Emotional well being? I really want to create a loving network that makes people feel safe and included. I...
  • Hello, I would like to ask other women with Turner Syndrome what profession or career path did you chose - or any other women with TS you might know. Thank you, Marie
  • Butterfly85

Holding On

I just wrote this poem off the cuff with how I've been feeling, and posted it to the Facebook group, "NeverEnding poetry For TS Sisters." It is very comforting, friendly and therapeutic. :-). I hope and pray you've all been doing well!My mind is full of fear- fear of rejection, being alone, being wrong... and not having any real purpose and plan to my life...the sadness seeps in like a chill that...
  • simplymarss

I'm back

Hi! I joined this group a year or so ago and posted a discussion, but haven't been on here since. IA little bit about me:I am a normal girl and wish to inspire people.I was diagnosed with Turner syndrome at four years old and struggle with my hearing, osteopenia, and hypothyroidism, and anxiety. I decided to come on here again to do what I can to support other with this disorder. I want people...
  • I wanted to know because I was prescribed the patch recently and have been experiencing some symptoms...