Stress Management Support Group

Stress management defines stress as a person's physiological response to an external stimulus that triggers the "fight-or-flight" reaction.Stress can be overwhelming. This community is for best practices in stress management.

1 Online
  • Jersey_of_Oz

teaching adulting

So when we decided to move, a friend of mine's mom wanted to know if her daughter could move in with us. Before we even found a house. We looked for a house with enough space that she could move in with us. I of coure said yes to her mom's request. Lefts talk about Jen, then. Jen moved into the house in the end of July in order to find a job and start school in mid august. She is 26 years old...
  • hubble8644

Some advice...

I am in a stressful environment. I am not recognized or respected for my abilities, things I can do. I am trying to decide what to cut away from my life, and what is worth holding onto. I really want to make the right choice here, and so constantly stressed over what I can't do, what I should/shouldn't do, and what decisions I need to make. But here's my question to you all: When someone close to...
  • Dmarie1986

Just Venting Here

At work, meeting after meeting, being tugged, pulled, poked, prodded. I can't take it.I am told to just throw people into the work after training them. Then when a new person starts that is connected to management, I am told I am making it too hard for them.In addition, I am told that my sister will be demoted. How uncomfortable.THEN, I am indirectly told to keep it confidential, as if I don't...
  • parrothead1

overwhelmed

i have been through so much in the last 6 years.  my husband battled cancer and then i had cancer twice . he died and left me with so much. i left my job due to my hip and had to take care of him.  . my husband was laid off a couple times do to the housing market at the time was declining. we were having trouble getting by. then my husband finds a great job that he loves and they love him and...
  • jenda1

Stress at Work

Not sure if this is the right forum for my issue but here is my situation. I am overwhelmed and extremely stressed with the amount of work I have at my job and it's been affecting me both physically & emotionally. I have trouble sleeping, I am anxious all the time and very irritable. There have been times I feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown. Knowing that the problem with work will...
  • Trixx

Out of no where...

I have been coping very well. I love my job and love what I do - but today has just been terrible. First time in 6 months I have cried on my way home from work. I stopped my medication when I started this job because I felt I didn't need it - and I haven't up until now. Today I just felt snappy, angry, tired, weepy - all these things at once. I haven't been sleeping and now my eating is going to...
  • mindlost

Close

So I'll just keep this short.My boyfriend of nearly 6 months is about to come back down to the state that I love in where we both go to school (college). 2 separate universities, but still a hell of a lot closer than 819 miles away from each other. I've seen him once this summer, and it was about 3 weeks into my summer vacation starting, so I didn't really have any issues then. But we were both...
  • my name is Emily and I'm 22 and for as long as I can remember I have always acted older than my age and I put everyone before myself and stay stressed out about every thing I can't change and it's wearing me down how do I stop
  • GiveMeStrength2LetGo

Breathing exercise

This might seem trivial but this breathing exercise will reduce cortisol stress produces.First breath in to the count of 7-nasalhold breath for count of 3 Exhale slowly to the count of 7- through mouthRepeat until a feeling of calmness replaces the stress.
  • fishy99

Family stress is too much

So I currently live with my uncle as my mum and dad live abroad, im 25. Me and my uncle have a great relationship and he lets me live here as long as im earning my keep and solidly working, and earning money to eventually move out, which i am doing currently. Unfortunately for the summer my older brother is back, (I once lived with my brother after I graduated from university and it was a...
  • laugesen3

Life is too hard

Hi everyone.  My name is Ally.  I have a husband with a dog and two cats.  I don't have a lot of time for myself.  I work and go to school full time.  Lately, my life has been very stressful.  My husband and I have always dreamed about moving to Florida and so he has been faithfully looking for any job that he could find down there; but it is not coming fast enough in my opinion.  I hate...
  • Riley23

Too much STRESS!!!!!!!!!

I have been under so much stress lately as a result of being unemployed and being unable to work full-time or in a retail position because of my injuries. Sometimes I ask myself why does life have to be so hard? I understand we are being tested, but when will it end? I saw a movie recently and it resonated with me. One of the movie quotes was, "I do not feel like I am living, I feel like I am...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

Celebrating small victories.

I have been under a great deal of stress since moving, and it has not let up. I just want to get away from it, but I know that is not going to happen. I also know that there is just not eough me to make the money we need to survive here. But, I took my kids to vacation bible schol this week - which gave me two hours every day to get caught up on paperwork, and also allowed me to sit at the...
  • throughthickandthin

I hate not knowing...

HeySo my boyfriend has been in jail for a month and a half now.. my anxiety has been off the charts. I've been trying to keep busy however I feel like I'm just getting more and more depressed. I don't do much with my days off anymore and the majority of my free time is spent focusing on him. I almost feel bad if I go and do things with friends even though he encourages me to. He doesn't want me...
  • Bendnotbreak16

How do you deal?

I have been struggling with a lot of things lately..my husband too. I've noticed we both have been very on edge and not dealing well with the stresses of life. It is making us angry all the time. We yell at the dogs we yell at the bids when they won't stop squaking, we have been very short with our 15 month old and I hate it. I hate that we have become these mean, people that we never used to be....