Stress Management Support Group

Stress management defines stress as a person's physiological response to an external stimulus that triggers the "fight-or-flight" reaction.Stress can be overwhelming. This community is for best practices in stress management.

2 Online
  • problemswithson

dealing with a problem adult son

I am a new comer to this site. I am 57yrs. old and dealing with a problem adult son. I am living in his home (that I gave him the down payment for) and since I moved in he's been very cruel and gives me a hard time about EVERYTHING. We had a very close and special relationship until he got the thousands of dollars from me for the house. He decided to do a lot of remodeling on the home before he...
  • ImaginaryExitsence

Ugh

Okay, I'm new to this group, so get ready for my constant rants.Anyway, I've just been so stressed with life. I've been having so much homework and tests and I've been making things for my school news which can take hours just to edit my videos. I've also been so stressed about being sexually confused and my parents being crazily homophobic (and I'm pretty sure they can tell I'm gay cuz they seem...
  • masseffectN7

Uni exams help

Hello next week (tues and weds) I have exams at uni, the problem is this is the area where everything goes wrong for me I get my own room and extra time due to my depression but I still can't seem to get it together I sit in the room and I'm blank I can't think about anything I've done or revised well tried to anyways. All I can think about is that I will fail so what's the point can anyone help?...
  • renaissancecellist

New and extremely stressed

Hi, everyone, I'm new here; I found this site while I was trying to search for forums that might be able to help me deal with all the stress I'm experiencing right now, so I hope I might be able to reach out to some people here. The reason I'm extremely stressed is a combination of things. I'm a senior in high school suffering from minor depression and this is my biggest year. I recently found...
  • Whole_Hearted

remember to enjoy the little things

The sparkly blue eyes, of the soft summer skiesThe pink plump lips of the waving tulips.The shiny bright scales, on the end of fish tailsThe tiny bee stings, that come in the springThe bright ring, from the kind to the queenOn the other side of the hourglass, you can see the charts stained glassFrom little baby cries to the rainy warm skythese are the things that come in the spring
  • m.1008

New:)

hi everyone! I'm new like a lot of people I guess and I think I'll be in this group a lot so I guess I'll tell a little about me?so I'm still a teenager who suffers from anxiety, panic attacks, and minor depression. Right now I feel really stressed because school just started after 3 weeks of winter break and my body's still getting used to. Sometimes I get too stressed or frustrated by...
  • masseffectN7

New to the club

hey everyone! I'm new to the club I just joined because I feel I need to meet some like minded souls. Struggled with depression around 11 years and anxiety alongside it. I'm on meds was on fluoxetine but started to get down bad so had to change currently on citalopram and doing better. Only problem is I've recently been diagnosed with asthma and it's absolutely terrifying me and of course...
  • LaurieAlice

New to the group

Hi group.  I am new to the group and am here for some suggestions on managing stress.
  • kitara

Abusive

the only way I feel like I can describe who I am within my head would be anusive. I beat myself half to death over things I shouldn't be stressing about. I over think too much of everything and I just want out of my own head. I can't open myself up and I can't function and I can't show how weak I am and I can't show anyone that I am slowly eating away at myself because.... God it just goes on and...
  • hauntedgirl25

I feel guilty for sleeping

I have been  under a lot of stress latley and started to feel guilty for sleeping. I know its not logical at all...I cant sleep at all. The more I try to relax and sleep the worse I feel. I also get periods of feeling guilty for eating...I think theres people out there starving so what gives me the right to eat? I dont like taking meds and want to know if there is anything natural I can take to...
  • Nutellina

I feel pulse my ears.......

I think is my mental stress that brings me this synthom.....I feel pulse my ears, inside, in a rythmic way epsecially night time. Someon of you have the same synthoms?
  • Reeses_Cup

Dilated pupils response to stress

Hello, everyone!I am new to this website, but of course to this group (I feel like I've been posting a lot everywhere, but I like exploring my horizons I guess. I don't want anyone thinking I'm annoying).Question: have you guys ever noticed a difference in size of your pupil during stress/anxiety/panic attacks?Mine always dilate when I'm in that state, so I want to know if you guys do have that...
  • empx

When stress is extreme and no one to turn to

How do any of you cope.........When people and situations drag you down.... no one to trust, turn too, rely on, help. What & how do you cope............I reach such an extreme point of stress. I end up unable to feel anything.......Feel like I'm back a school being bullied and out numbered by the bad people & enemies around me...........
  • iamheretoo

Stress is affecting my physical health

I'm 52 year old female. Divorced. Lots of history of abuse as a child and as an adult  In the past five years I've lost my ability to cope.  On top of that There's been more...Just in the last six months I'm finishing up legal things with an abusive ex  Things are not good with my current non abusive but checked out boyfriend who suffers from PTSD(big ball of wax).  Work has been a challenge...
  • Lifebalance

Hello everyoe.  I have joined this group because I am interested in creating more balance in my life.  Having struggled with major depression, anxiety and insomnia for many years, I have also worked very hard through therapy, medication management and self-improvement to address my struggles.  Now in my life, I want to get beyond just 'surviving' but experience my life by 'thriving.'  Finding...