Stillbirth Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have been impacted by a stillbirth. A stillbirth occurs when a fetus which has died in the uterus, during labor, or during delivery exits a woman's body. For help and support, share your experiences and learn how others coped. Don't forget that you are not alone.
SophiasMom2010
Hey Ladies,
Tomorrow will be the 4th anniversary of losing my baby girl Sophia Grace Newell. I'm not sure how to feel, as usual. I lost my rainbow baby a year after Sophia and since I have been dealing with infertility issues. I'm still a mommy without a baby today, but I am a much stronger woman.
In the time since I lost my baby I have dealt with so many issues I never even considered would be a part of my life. I experienced the near loss of my relationship with Sophia's daddy because neither of us could deal with what happened, I became very sick from stress and hormones and I have learned how to rebuild a life from scratch. I always used to say, "I couldn't deal with it if something happened to my baby, I think I would kill myself" in a flippant way before I lost my angel, it's not something I ever really thought could happen TO ME. It's an attitude I still see in so many women who still get to exist in that world of denial, women who have never looked at their child in a coffin.
I truly believe women like us are touched in a special way by God, even as we are also touched by tragedy. We have all been to depths of emotional loss and pain that most people never experience in their lives, and knowing women here on DS and seeing them still learn to live on after these catastrophes is truly inspiring. I love all of you like my sisters and I want to say THANK YOU for all your strength and support and for being there and for allowing me to come here and be crazy and angry and hurt. Thank you for helping me to see that I am not alone.
I remember coming here 3 months after losing my baby, I was trying to deal with Christmas and I could not understand how anyone expected me to have a holiday celebration when I was barely able to muster the energy to wash dishes. At the time I could not imagine living again, I couldn't imagine that I would make it another week, let alone four years. And now I'm here, still healing, still missing my baby girl more than I ever knew I could miss someone, but I am living again, and I can laugh and have good days along with the bad. For all the angel moms who are just starting in this journey I want you to know there is a light at the end of this, and I know it doesn't seem like it but you can and you WILL survive this.
I love you all. And I love you too Sophia Grace Newell, my beautiful little baby girl.
Please post your own experience, story, poem, quote or just your baby's name and birthday in memorial, I just want to be reminded I'm not alone today.
*HUGS*
Tomorrow will be the 4th anniversary of losing my baby girl Sophia Grace Newell. I'm not sure how to feel, as usual. I lost my rainbow baby a year after Sophia and since I have been dealing with infertility issues. I'm still a mommy without a baby today, but I am a much stronger woman.
In the time since I lost my baby I have dealt with so many issues I never even considered would be a part of my life. I experienced the near loss of my relationship with Sophia's daddy because neither of us could deal with what happened, I became very sick from stress and hormones and I have learned how to rebuild a life from scratch. I always used to say, "I couldn't deal with it if something happened to my baby, I think I would kill myself" in a flippant way before I lost my angel, it's not something I ever really thought could happen TO ME. It's an attitude I still see in so many women who still get to exist in that world of denial, women who have never looked at their child in a coffin.
I truly believe women like us are touched in a special way by God, even as we are also touched by tragedy. We have all been to depths of emotional loss and pain that most people never experience in their lives, and knowing women here on DS and seeing them still learn to live on after these catastrophes is truly inspiring. I love all of you like my sisters and I want to say THANK YOU for all your strength and support and for being there and for allowing me to come here and be crazy and angry and hurt. Thank you for helping me to see that I am not alone.
I remember coming here 3 months after losing my baby, I was trying to deal with Christmas and I could not understand how anyone expected me to have a holiday celebration when I was barely able to muster the energy to wash dishes. At the time I could not imagine living again, I couldn't imagine that I would make it another week, let alone four years. And now I'm here, still healing, still missing my baby girl more than I ever knew I could miss someone, but I am living again, and I can laugh and have good days along with the bad. For all the angel moms who are just starting in this journey I want you to know there is a light at the end of this, and I know it doesn't seem like it but you can and you WILL survive this.
I love you all. And I love you too Sophia Grace Newell, my beautiful little baby girl.
Please post your own experience, story, poem, quote or just your baby's name and birthday in memorial, I just want to be reminded I'm not alone today.
*HUGS*
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
If you are so inclined, may i suggest a blog post for you to read? http://kellyneedham.com/2010/07/18/faith-in-difficult-times/
Celian
All the angel mama's here have helped me everyday. Knowing I can turn to you ladies and say how I feel without getting a blank stare in return has helped me get through a lot of days. Thank you, all of you for being there for all the new and old angel mommy's out there.
Thank you angel mommies for all your support and for sharing your angel's story. My hearts and prayers go to all and each of you. Stay strong ladies.... so that I can also have someone to hold on...
God bless all you angel mommies out there:)