Sarcoidosis Support Group
Sarcoidosis is an immune system disorder characterised by non-necrotising granulomas (small inflammatory nodules). Virtually any organ can be affected, however, granulomas most often appear in the lungs or the lymph nodes. Symptoms can occasionally appear suddenly but more often than not appear gradually.
cableman
It started very slow, when I first got sick everybody cared. But as time went on I developed more Illness, and less friends, my kids didn't come around any more and I barely talked to my sisters and brothers. I tried to stop the preds and even if breathing has gotten better the sarcois soon spreaded to my skin and it was very painful. my doctor said I had no choice to go back on the preds it helped the skin, but my blood sugar went to 700 the meter couldn't read it. I almost died. I was in the hospital for two weeks.They found reacuring blood clugs in my lungs. now with the sleep apnea that made three lung conditions. I went home and because of the sleep apnea I healed slowly. (Sleep heals) I was driving one day and hit a pole broke my hip. After that I said to myself. If i'm going to die I will die triying im back in school at 47 but in pain everyday but lonely no more. I haven't missed a day in a year.my knees are going and I have no joints in the top of my feet but I walk straight and by looking at me you would think i'm healthy as a horse. but I know my time is near. But I want give up.
deleted_user
Hi Cableman, I'm new to this myself. I'm so sorry for how things have gone downhill for you. But I can totally relate to getting to the point of wanting to give up. If you're looking for someone to talk to, I would like to talk, as I'm just 'learning the ropes' with this and can use a friend.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...