Renal Cell Carcinoma (Kidney Cancer) Support Group

Renal cell carcinoma, also known by a gurnistical tumor, is the most common form of kidney cancer arising from the renal tubule. It is the most common type of kidney cancer in adults. Initial therapy is with surgery. It is notoriously resistant to radiation therapy and chemotherapy, although some cases respond to immunotherapy.

0 Online
  • 1worriedwife2017

Rcc

my husband was diagnosed with rcc on feb 2 2017. Stage 4 which spread to brain and liver.  He had brain tumor removed and a second one treated with radiation.  Tumor is to large to remove his kidney. So he has been put on votrient to attemp to shrink it some.  Prayers appreciated!   Anyone have really good results with votrient? The first scan will be May 2   Wish us luck
  • AlwaysBelieve

Nerve damage afrer partial nephrectomy

Has anyone experienced nerve damage after surgery ? I had no feeling for a long time then the feeling came back along with stabbing pain and awful burning pain. They told me they nicked the nerve and that was common. I am now on medicine and patches but this pain is controlling my life it is awful. They said it could take weeks or months to heal.Has anyone else experienced this and does it go...
  • JerseyGirl5

Newly diagnosed with Stage 1 RCC

Hello, In January 2017 I "accidentally" found a 1.5 cm enhancing leasion on my left kidney through a CT scan I had for another issue. I had a partial nephrectomy on my left kidney to remove it 10 days ago.  This is all new to me but I feel pretty good and optimistic.  They told me that there is only a 5%-10% chance that it will come back.  It is still a little scary though.  Any advice to...
  • mariaesta

Immunotherapy for RCC

Hello, everyone!Earlier this year, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 RCC. One of this kidneys was then removed. An MRI after the surgery showed that there was a spread in his spine and lymph nodes around the kidney, although the doctor was optimistic about it since he said the bulk of the cancer was removed and only specs of them were left. This gave us a lot of hope.They started him on 4...
  • greystone2

looking for stories of NON recurrence

I had a partial nephrectomy 7 years ago for a stage 1 (grade 3) 2.5cm tumor. I'm looking for encouraging stories of people that are many years out without a recurrence. Seems like most stories online are the bad stories. Looking for positive ones. I've had a great 7 years - and now have two small children - and the though of recurrence still weighs heavily on me.
  • MDLF

New Therepy for Renal Cancer

My husband has Stage 4 Renal cancer. It has metastasized to his brain, lymph nodes, lungs and bones. He is on Palliative Care but something amazing is happening; the tumors on his kidney and in his lungs are shrinking.The tumors in his brain are gone (radiation) and the tumor in his lymph node is stable. The lesions on his Hypothalamus and his spine are not growing but they are not getting...
  • tracy413

Friend needs help.

I have a friend who is experiencing kidney failure due to rheumatoid arthritis. She also does not have insurance, and is needing some assistance in her home for some personal care. She is in her mid 30's and now cannot work. Does anyone know of any resources she can access? She lives in northern Georgia. Thank you all.
  • Njones0623

Son has RCC

Hello my 39-year-old son had his kidney removed two months ago.  He didn't have extensive test afterwords to see if they got it all because he has crappy state-funded insurance.  Hes still feeling pretty lousy and can't understand why he still has a lot of pain in the area where the kidney isn't anymore so they took him in and they just did a colonoscopy and an upper scope in his intestines....
  • mlr0853

Wishing....

That this group would be more active, thus more supportive with daily concerns of medical and mental health support of current cancer and those who have been through treatment. ML
  • sam.b

Research for Improvement

Hello,I am a medical researcher looking for patients and caregivers to participate in a 45-minute webcam interview for those affected by renal cell cancer. Qualified participants that qualify and complete the interview will earn $100. This data is used to learn more about the disease, NOT to try to sell you anything. Please click the link below to take a brief survey to determine if you qualify....
  • Good afternoon.  If you have been diagnosed with Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma, you may be eligle to participate in a one time confidential paid market research telephone interview.  You would be paid $175 for your time.  The purpose of this study is to improve education for individuals living with Advance Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma.  If your interested, please call Jane Walker @...
  • cizzle23

RCC

Hi everyone,A 2cm mass has been discovered on my CT scan which is suspicious for RCC. My urologist has recommended a nephrectomy and I have been reluctant to have it done because of the recovery period and I'm pretty anxious about the procedure. I feel like it is such a small mass that maybe we should watch it. How was the recovery period? I'm 33 and very active. I'm also worried that I don't...
  • deleted_user

Votrient side effects

Hello everyone,I have been on Votrient for 25 months and wanted to start a discussion on side effects and what other cancer patients are doing.Here are the ones that are bothering me:Numbness in feet. General fatigue.Muscle weakness and shortness of breath when I work around house.I have found relief for most of the other side effects. Thanks for your input.CheersGary
  • AC-mtnbiker

Diag Papillary Renal Cell Carcinoma Type-2

Hi there... I am brand new to this support group. :)My journey started in August this year (one month ago).I am an avid mountainbiker - I love my mountainbike! I'm 45 yrs old woman. Fit, healthy, and according to my annual physicals, I am the poster child of a "healthy" person. Well, the rug was pulled out from under me in the most shocking way and my life has been turned upside down. All in less...
  • mlr0853

Creamy Veggie soup/Fruit Smoothie

I've found I can not tolerate 64oz of liquids a day. Because of my stomach issues/recent hydration need, I've come up with a new diet plan to incorporate 5 veggies and five fruits each day. To make up for the liquid, I am now making soup and fruit smoothies that I drink throughout the day. Now I drink 16 oz of filtered water (britia) thrughout the day. I also have taken out of my diet any...