Renal Cell Carcinoma (Kidney Cancer) Support Group

Renal cell carcinoma, also known by a gurnistical tumor, is the most common form of kidney cancer arising from the renal tubule. It is the most common type of kidney cancer in adults. Initial therapy is with surgery. It is notoriously resistant to radiation therapy and chemotherapy, although some cases respond to immunotherapy.

0 Online
0 Online
  • My dad was just diagnosed with stage 4 papillary non clear cell carcinoma after having a nephrectomy several years ago and now it has returned in the other kidney and in other places as well. my dad is my idol, my hero, and someone who has inspired my values and beliefs my whole life! i would welcome any guidance, hope, prayers, suggestions, or words of wisdom that anyone might have to offer on...
  • Hello I had my right kidney remove in 2012. I went to the E.R. for stomach pain and after having a contrast dye cat scan of my orgins they discovered a large mass on right kidney. Was shocked when dr came in to tell me this. I was admitted and met with a urologist the next day. It was a large mass, 8in by 8 in by 4in. the urologist said it had been growing for some time to be so large.I had...
  • jester18

Surgery today

I am scheduled for a robotic partial nephrectomy today, to remove a 2.5 cm tumor that is "probably" cancer. Wish me luck!
  • Njones0623

Son has RCC

Hello my 39-year-old son had his kidney removed two months ago. He didn't have extensive test afterwords to see if they got it all because he has crappy state-funded insurance. Hes still feeling pretty lousy and can't understand why he still has a lot of pain in the area where the kidney isn't anymore so they took him in and they just did a colonoscopy and an upper scope in his intestines. They...
  • mlr0853

New York Times:Medical

While looking up information on immune system, I came across this website of NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/section/healthThis is the site map for the Times:http://spiderbites.nytimes.com/
  • Hi there... I am brand new to this support group. :)My journey started in August this year (one month ago).I am an avid mountainbiker - I love my mountainbike! I'm 45 yrs old woman. Fit, healthy, and according to my annual physicals, I am the poster child of a "healthy" person. Well, the rug was pulled out from under me in the most shocking way and my life has been turned upside down. All in less...
  • StandUp2Cancer

Dad - Pls Help

My dad was diagnosed with advanced RCC. We met with an oncologist this week and he prescribed him with pazopanib. He said the drug was the first line therapy that people with kidney cancer receive. He than said if my dad didnt react well to it there were other therapies we could go to. He mentioned that there are various types of kidney cancer & that they were unable to identify the exact...
  • tracy413

Friend needs help.

I have a friend who is experiencing kidney failure due to rheumatoid arthritis. She also does not have insurance, and is needing some assistance in her home for some personal care. She is in her mid 30's and now cannot work. Does anyone know of any resources she can access? She lives in northern Georgia. Thank you all.
  • gfisher

new here..

Hello everyone.. I have been diagnosed as renal cell carcinoma.. clear type.. tomorow i go to kingman to do a ct scan to look at my organs since i have only had my femur scanned.. thats where they found the cancer.. I am so scared.. I am so afraid the scan tomorrow will reveal the cancer has spread to other organs.. as i have heard thats what it does.. I just needed someone to talk to since i...
  • angelaofria

papillary renal cell carcinoma

I'm 30 and was just diagnosed 2 months ago. A waiting open nephrectomy. Tumor is 7cm. Scared.. and just don't know what to do. Can't sleep at night because my mind is thinking of the 'what ifs'. And info or stories would be helpful. Thanks
  • imsure32

Recurrent RCC after partial nephrectomy

Hi, I am a 43yo female and was diagnosed with RCC in 2006. I had a partial nephrectomy and was good for the next 9yrs. I had a local recurrence in late 2014 with a radical nephrectomy done in January 2015. I just had follow-up ct's today and I will be getting the results back next week. I'm worried because I have had the same pain I'm having now, the first 2 times RCC was found. My oncologist...
  • greystone2

looking for stories of NON recurrence

I had a partial nephrectomy 7 years ago for a stage 1 (grade 3) 2.5cm tumor. I'm looking for encouraging stories of people that are many years out without a recurrence. Seems like most stories online are the bad stories. Looking for positive ones. I've had a great 7 years - and now have two small children - and the though of recurrence still weighs heavily on me.
  • saladqueen

New here, can you help?

Hi everyone, I just found this page through google, trying to find people who had BTDT and had some advice to share.Hubby had radical nephrectomy done on right kidney a month ago. The cancer was said to be stage 1 in the kidney, and it had spread to a lymph node that was stage 2. They removed both the kidney and lymph node. My husband seems to be doing well. Doctor says they will just keep doing...
  • rummi

Recommended doctor in Houston Texas?

Hi guys! I have a 1cm tumor on my left kidney that my urologist has been watching now for the last 4 years. I haven't really worried about it because my urologist says that unless it starts to change we will just keep an eye on it with regular CTs, MRIs, and ultrasounds. My concern is the cost of these exams for the rest of my life. I cant keep incurring debt while watching to see if this thing...
  • toniladd

New

I just got diagnosed with renal cell cancer discovered incidentally on a abdominal CT scan monitoring diverticulitis. The tumor is small 1.1 cm by 1.2 cm. I have been referred to a urologist surgeon for removal. I really don't know what to expect. Just in shock.