Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Support Group
Find support with others who have gone through a traumatic experience. Whether you have chronic or acute PTSD, we are here for you.
victorioustori
Hey there, I'm Tori. I'm just needing some support right now. I'm having a lot of anxiety and depression. It's been hard to function lately. I have a growing support network of friends and a counselor, and I'm a part of a really awesome church. But I still feel really drained and just exhausted from carrying this all around. I'm still having nightmares, and guys scare me really badly. I've been dealing with PTSD for a year and a half. I'm making progress slowly but surely. I've survived two suicide attempts, praise God. I don't want to get to that point again-- so here I am! :)
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
When i was in the ER February 16th 2025, i was being admitted to ICU where i was for 3 weeks, then had to relearn to walk for 3 weeks in another hospital rehab floor, the nurse told me something that made me feel for over 18 months now that i was finally *safe*. She told me that the guy who raped and beat me 21 years ago now almost 20 years at that time, was in prison as of a month before that...
-
Sometimes, I think I have ODD. I can be oppositional. It seems that the only times that I feel like cleaning are when I should be doing something else or I have to go somewhere. Well, not everytime but most of the time. Yesterday, I was supposed to be doing online training for work but instead, I decided to work on my kitchen table. Most of the time, I don't know where to start and give...

"What you feed is what grows." ~Anonymous
I, too, am balancing a growing life with gnarly anxiety and depression. I am never quite sure which side is gonna out-weigh the other on any given day. I would surely dump the anxious depression side of the scale I.F. I could, but the cosmos forgot to ask my opinion again. . . These days I count it as a good day if I can JUST balance it. The anxiety and depression need care, but the growing life is what I feed. I treat it like a question of balance.
But that is me. . .
Gentle support while you figure out your own.
Welcome aboard.