Eye Problems Support Group

There are many diseases and disorders that may affect the eyes, such as Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Optic Atrophy, Optic Nerve Hyoplasia, Retinitis Pigmentosa, and Retinal detachment.

0 Online
  • BobbyTheCat

What Causes Eye Strain?

I am pretty sure that my eye strain comes from computer use.But what is it about computer use that causes eye strain?What is the mechanism behind eye strain?
  • Hi I just joined the website and a bunch of groups but I have specifically been struggling with eye light sensitivity for a few years now and recently it has gotten worse and there wasn't a specific group for that so I started one. If anyone else suffers with light sensitivity like me please join me..  I'm new so I didn't have any friends to invite.. but I figured letting everyone in this group...
  • exitstageleft

hey there

hey, not sure if there is anyone out here or not.  A week ago today I was out working with a friend outside on fixing up my tandem utility trailer that is in dyer need of new supports welded to it.  we took a quick break and i went back to ripping off some pieces of metal that did not come off with my grinder prior to our break. I did not flip my facesheild back down after the break and the pry...
  • deleted_user

Visual Problems from Brain Injury

Does anyone else have visual problems from a brain injury? I'm just starting to get answers about my problem but I think it has something to do with processing.
  • skylar

missed epidural ended up with dural tap

i had a missed epidural on the 15th November to have my daughter and since then I have had numbness on my right hand side of the body which is now subsided. I have severe photophobia cant even handle moonlight or darkness,losing vision with sparks flashes floaters static ripples 24/7 blurred vision and double vision and dots. .apparently my eyes and brain are fine wtf? please help me 
  • Ribbit

Macular Endema

Hi Everyone, I am new here. I have Macular Endema in both eyes. I get shots in both eyes every 6 weeks. It is frusrating because my eyes never have permanent improvement. All the doctor ever says is he doesnt know why. I will have to get shots the rest of my life. Does anyone else have this condition?
  • limson363

temporary blidness

i have been experinceing tempoary blidness off and on all day long it last a few seconds to a few minutes it happens at least 12 to 15 times a day and seems to getting worse. i have been experinceing this for last couple months. i have had ct scan it shows normal results and mri came back normal. I been to an eye docotr and all saw was an incearse in pressure on the back of eye but had no idea...
  • lexiej

Eye problems for 4 years!

Hi everyone,Since mid 2012 I have been experiencing eye problems. Up until the last few weeks it was only occasional and always put down to the effects of migraines, without the pain of them. I had many tests, MRI's and heaps of optometrist examinations all deciding it was migraine related. I had been relieved but also slightly skeptical as my issue seemed strange. One minute I can see...
  • johnney

Eye vision problem

I have been experiencing eye problems for the past three months mainly severe eye pain. Because of this I had to stop wearing contacts. I even have blurred vision and difficulty in seeing at night. Are these symptoms of astigmatism? Has anyone here been through this? Will any laser vision correction procedure from Oakville like See by Intravision(http://seebyiv.com/eye-conditions/astigmatism/...
  • e4shannon

Maybe someone can help freaking out

This is hard to explain I have experienced this about 4 times in the last month one of my eyes will have like a line or something and its hard to see out of for like 20 min. I have anxiety and this is freaking me out
  • daliamist

Wearing plane lens after lasik

Hello there! I did my lasik surgery for nearsightedness a month before at Goldberg Centre( www.goldbergcentre.com ) . I have a party coming this week and I plan to wear blue plane lens. Will that cause any trouble to my eye or cornea?
  • anajwinton

Scar revision surgery

Two years back I met with an accident where a truck hit my bike near to Toronto. I got 5 or 6 incisions which is exactly on my face. No it has become a scar on my face. I know that how these scar makes me really ugly to look. I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. One of my friend has referred me for the scar revision surgery (...
  • deleted_user

dry eyes

hello allany one else suffer from chronic dry eye. I had an eye exam last week and was told i had very dry eyes. I know that restasis is the med for it but it doesnt come generic and costs about 235 a month!!!!!Anyone else have any luck with over counter dry eye drops?thanks Anthony
  • deleted_user

Eye lift surgery (Blepharoplasty) risks?

How risky is eye lift surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty? My mom is set to have one next week. She is excited about it, but equally scared if it affects vision or if any other side effects will happen. Her surgeon at the Lakeview Surgery Centre, http://www.lakeviewsurgery.com/procedures/blepharoplasty , assures her that the chances of side effects are minimal, but just like any person who is...
  • Surfrat

Subjuctival Hemmorage.

(Aka: Bleeding eye)Hi Folks! I belong to the AFIB group on this site. I juts came down with this issue yesterday ion my left eye. Have any of you had this experience before: Mine is pretty much over the top/severe. But it does not hurt. It just itches!! THX for any replies!!!! - Tom