Myasthenia Gravis Support Group
Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatiguability. The hallmark of myasthenia gravis is muscle weakness that increases during periods of activity and improves after periods of rest. Although myasthenia gravis may affect any voluntary muscle, muscles that control eye and eyelid movement, facial expression, and...
Connie22
Hi again everyone! I took a bit if a break from here. I kinda really didn't think I should really be an active participant if it wasn't certain yet if MG was what I really had.
I fired my personal physician last month and got a new one.
Last Monday I went to see my another Neuro, 3rd one now. Finally a Neuro that actually was of use! He did an EMG test, ordered major blood work (8 tubes worth), arranged a pulmonary test and a swallowing test. He also gave me MESTINON!
I have found some relief since I started it, my arms don't feel as heavy, legs feel a bit stronger and my face feels better.
So I have a question : I went for the pulmonary test and it didn't go well at all. The mouthpiece made my already gaggy throat even worse, techy took guard off for me but was still gaggy. I could not blow hard out like she kept telling me to. She like was basically accusing me of sabotaging her testing. I seriously could not do what she asked and I was getting more tired with every attempt. With her frustration I decided to end test. Is this normal to have this problem with this test as a person with MG or does it mean something else is wrong?
I fired my personal physician last month and got a new one.
Last Monday I went to see my another Neuro, 3rd one now. Finally a Neuro that actually was of use! He did an EMG test, ordered major blood work (8 tubes worth), arranged a pulmonary test and a swallowing test. He also gave me MESTINON!
I have found some relief since I started it, my arms don't feel as heavy, legs feel a bit stronger and my face feels better.
So I have a question : I went for the pulmonary test and it didn't go well at all. The mouthpiece made my already gaggy throat even worse, techy took guard off for me but was still gaggy. I could not blow hard out like she kept telling me to. She like was basically accusing me of sabotaging her testing. I seriously could not do what she asked and I was getting more tired with every attempt. With her frustration I decided to end test. Is this normal to have this problem with this test as a person with MG or does it mean something else is wrong?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
It is definitely a Myasthenic thing to not be able to exhale properly.
So glad you found a neuro that is listening. Good luck
Annette