Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
sherizi
About 8 months ago, I had a neuro who had me go in for an mri. The results were proof of my being in a "Rebound Effect", as I had stopped my medication. I had 30 new active lesions on the brain at that time.
I have since switched to another dr., and they had me get another mri just this month. Now, the results show "no new active lesions" on the brain. Wow.
Well, I know I haven't had any new relapses this past year. So, that is good.
Now...my issue is this. I am debating about getting back onto a medication. Doc want to put me on Copaxone. I was on Tysabri, and that is my first choice. However, now that I know I have "no new active lesions", I am just wondering if I should even go onto a med at this time? Or should I wait until something pops up?
Should I go ahead and get on a med, to keep the disease from going ahead and messing with me?
What do you all think on this?
I don't really know just what to think on this.
I like the fact that the mri shows me doing well right now, but, knowing this disease is random, I don't really want to take chances of it jumping ahead and sending me into a relapse and then not having any med's working to slow things down.
Sorry this was a long post. I am just in a bit of a quandary with all this.
Thanks for any imput on this.
I have since switched to another dr., and they had me get another mri just this month. Now, the results show "no new active lesions" on the brain. Wow.
Well, I know I haven't had any new relapses this past year. So, that is good.
Now...my issue is this. I am debating about getting back onto a medication. Doc want to put me on Copaxone. I was on Tysabri, and that is my first choice. However, now that I know I have "no new active lesions", I am just wondering if I should even go onto a med at this time? Or should I wait until something pops up?
Should I go ahead and get on a med, to keep the disease from going ahead and messing with me?
What do you all think on this?
I don't really know just what to think on this.
I like the fact that the mri shows me doing well right now, but, knowing this disease is random, I don't really want to take chances of it jumping ahead and sending me into a relapse and then not having any med's working to slow things down.
Sorry this was a long post. I am just in a bit of a quandary with all this.
Thanks for any imput on this.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
I'm in a similar situation, currently not taking any MS DMD's. As suggested by my neuro, I'm going to wait until BG-12 comes out in the fall and then start that probably. I too just stopped Tysabri, and it stays in your "system" for months after you stop it, so my doctor thinks I will be protected during the time that I am not taking any DMD's. I feel very comfortable with this plan. I didn't notice my MS symptoms improving during the time I was on Tysabri, and I know that Tysabri doesn't improve symptoms only stabilizes the disease progression, but I'm not worried about being on any medication. I think my doctor will probably order another MRI in the fall to check for disease progression if any.
Good luck!
Gentle hugs, Linda
I have been thinking about it, and praying too...and talking with other MS'er's also. I do think I will be mentioning to my Neuro this week, that I would like to go ahead and get back on the Tysabri.
The more I think about it, the more I want to.
I know the risks are there for the PML, but, I am just going to trust that the risks are there in ignoring things too! I don't want to risk not getting back on a "working" medication!
Thanks all! I appreciate your comments!