Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.

meg40185
I just discovered today that I am PREGNANT!! Woo hoooooo! We have been trying for 6 years now to conceive baby #2 with absolutely no luck. When I received my MS diagnosis, I thought it would never happen, that I had no chance...but WOW! :) I called my neuro and let him know and he was really thrilled. He said to stop injecting of course, which I did already, and I should feel really good throughout the pregnancy, which I am excited about. I would love some input though, from anyone who's been there before. I'm not so sure what to expect through all of this, but am SO excited to begin this journey.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
I got pregnant with my son about 4 years post dx. It was a struggle to get pregnant, and we were so happy when it finally happened. For me, my MS was pretty quiet throughout the pregnancy. A few minor eye complications which we did nothing about and waited it out. Plan to take it easy, and eatting healthy is very important since you won't be on any meds. Make absolutely sure you are clear with your OB that you have MS. Also, an epi is NOT recommended for MS. After about 30 hours of labor I finally took the risk and got one, but the anethesiologist (SP?) was VERY concerned and gave me a 2 hours warning lecture first.
Unlike most, I did NOT relapse right after birth. I was good for another 6 months to a year (breastfeeding), but once I stopped breastfeeding it's been a steady decline since. I think that covers the basics.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM me!
May God continue his blessings on you.
Just wonderful news, I have goose bumps lol.
HO HO HO !!!!!!!!!!! WOW WHAT A GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love babies of all ages.
Amy