Lymphedema Support Group

Lymphedema is a condition of localized fluid retention caused by a compromised lymphatic system. The lymphatic system (often referred to as the body's "second" circulatory system) collects and filters the interstitial fluid of the body. Lymphedema has been barely recognized as being a serious health problem; however, this is slowly changing due to education and awareness.

0 Online
  • RandyD

Naked

Hi everyone. I am new to this group and need some guidance. I am a 56 year old male. I have severe lymphedema in my right leg and mild in my left leg. My problem is finding pants to fit my leg. I can only wear shorts right now but Michigan weather is getting cooler every day. Besides modifying my old clothes (which is a pain in the rear), is there any online resources to buy lympedema pants. I...
  • babybear1988

Infection?

I have very bad lymphedema in my right thigh. Im obese so it makes it worse. Tonight it seems more swollen than normal and alot harder to the touch.... very painful around and above my knee area. Last time i had this symptom i was luckily in hospital.... but it was severe cellulitis that nearly became sepsis..... i cant get in contact with anyone to ask what to do.... and well im just a little...
  • lymphediva17

Living with Lymphedema?

Hello All,I'm new to this site and this group. I'm fairly newly diagnosed with Bilateral primary lymphedema of the lower extremities. I got the diagnosis after being hospitalized with cellulitis the first time in June 2016. I was subsequently hospitalized 3 more times in July, August and September of 2016. My doctor has referred me to a surgeon who thinks the cure would be weight loss by any...
  • kelsio97

Chiropractics and lymphedema?

I have lymphedema in my right leg. A couple people have recomended seeing a chiropractor. After doing some research, i found a lot of peoples condition actually got worse after going to the chiropractor. Has anyone experienced something similar or even heard something different?
  • ValerieRM

Greetings

Hi folks. I have been reading your posts and having much empathy for you all. I saw the physical therapist today after being referred for possible lymphedema in my legs. Well I have edema definitely but the lymphedema is in my lower belly. Since most people get it in limbs or breast compression in a viable treatment. I have no idea how to compress my lower belly. The lymphedema causes my belly to...
  • turnerkellyj

Flexitouch treatment system for sale

The Flexitouch System is an advanced intermittent pneumatic compression device (lymphedema pump) used by tens of thousands of patients to self-manage lymphedema and nonhealing venous leg ulcers.I used the machine less than 10 times and no longer have a need for it. The website for the manufacturer is:https://www.tactilemedical.com/products/flexitouch/mI have garments for both legs which go up...
  • sjefcoat

lymphedema and venous insufficiency

I think I developed lymphedema in both legs after having a hysterectomy. I have also been diagnosed with venous insufficiency. In addition to that i have bonw on bone in both knees. i am so miserable. Does anyone else have these syptoms
  • cathy960

lyphedema and water pills

I read a post about someone who has bone on bone knees i got that ......but beside the wraps i have to take water pills that make me sick fluid restriction and no salt is it working nooooooo does anyone else live on water pills
  • Marushka

Lymphedema everywhere

I had a radical vulvectomy in 2010.  Since that time, I experience lymphedema everywhere.  Daily I work to control the swelling and rid myself of fluid.  It seems to me that the medical community does not have a handle on the problem and its severity.  They do not have everyday solutions which can easily be incorporated into peoples' lives.  It takes me at least 20 hours per week to fight...
  • Fragat

Newly diagnosed

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with lyphodema and any help would be greatly appreciated. I've always had a vericous vein in my left leg that hasn't really ever caused me any issues so I left it alone. Over the last 24-18 months my leg has started to swell. I went to the Dr and was referred to the hospital. After chatting with the consultant he suspected lyphodema based on what he was...
  • birdsong901

Primary Lymphedema Flare-ups & Victoza

I ahave Primary Lymphedema and am going through a challeging flare-up right now.  My legs and ankles are extremely swollen & heavy, my knees are very stiff and painful and I can barely walk. :-(I think I know what may have set this flare-up off:  My doctor put me on Victoza to help me with weight loss (daily injections in the abdomen).  I immediately lost about 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, then...
  • RCB

Lymphadema related to breast cancer treatment

Looking for advice on breast and arm lymphadema. It didn't appear until 2 months after finishing all my breast cancer treatment.  I thought I'd been able to avoid it. I get that compression sleeves can help my arm. But what about my breast?  Anyone with experience to share?  Thank you !!  ❤
  • katalac1014

child with lymphodema

Okay so I am new and I need help. I have a 16 year old that always has one swollen leg and in constant pain. Now she has bad headaches along with knotts in the back of her head that I can only assume is from the lymphodema bc her leg is just huge tonight. Any suggestions on how to relieve some of this fluid to help my child. Please......we have been all over the place for help and no one seems no...
  • McKenzieGrace

Hi .. As you may have seen by the title, I'm a newbie. I have primary lymphedema and I have found it when I was eight, now 5 years done the line here I am. I joined this sight because after years I found that trying to off load emotions to your parents dosen't quite cut it, to be honest