Lymphedema Support Group

Lymphedema is a condition of localized fluid retention caused by a compromised lymphatic system. The lymphatic system (often referred to as the body's "second" circulatory system) collects and filters the interstitial fluid of the body. Lymphedema has been barely recognized as being a serious health problem; however, this is slowly changing due to education and awareness.

0 Online
0 Online
  • birdsong901

Primary Lymphedema Flare-ups & Victoza

I ahave Primary Lymphedema and am going through a challeging flare-up right now. My legs and ankles are extremely swollen & heavy, my knees are very stiff and painful and I can barely walk. :-(I think I know what may have set this flare-up off: My doctor put me on Victoza to help me with weight loss (daily injections in the abdomen). I immediately lost about 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, then plateaued...
  • Annery

Lympedema and weight gain

Does lympedema affect the overall body weight apart from the affected areas? I eat healthly although i do not real do exercises. I do go for a walk.I have cut on sugars, Fizzy drinks, sweets etc. I hardly it sugary food.I eat plenty of fruits and drink lots of water. My meal does not real include alot of fatty food at all. I have been doing this for a while now, but i seem to be gained weight...
  • helms2000

My Journey with Lymphedema

I have on quite a journey these last few years. I am happy to join this support group and look forward to learning more about this terrible disease: Lymphedema. If you floundering with compression and daily care regime, I offer some ideas later in this entry. Happy to be here !!.....JulieI had a Hysterectomy in 2010. Within a few short weeks, I had difficulty with lower extremity pain and...
  • dsf95

Herbal lymphatonic

I've been using an herbal supplement called Lymphatonic and peppermint and rosemary essential oils for help. I mix the peppermint oil with lotion and put it on my chest and armpits, where the lymph glands are. I was gaining weight again, but this is helping me. The first ingredient is echinacea and there's black licorice and black dock in the Lymphatonic. If this helps.
  • Here is How I deal with depression that comes with Lymphedema. Please share with the group how you deal with lymphedema.I am a lady aged 32. I have been living with Lymphedema since I was 16 ( I have lived with lymphedema of both legs and feet for 18 years). As a young woman, the first thing that flew out of the window is self-confidence and self-esteem . I just did not feel good enough about my...
  • Kesh1

Dealing with Lymphedema

I beenhaving Lymphedema since i was 17yrs old it unkown where it came from i feel like i havent had a normal life it takes alot out of me ...
  • I have a friend who has lymphedema and he has trouble getting the adhesive from 3M MicroPore paper tape off of his leg bandages where it builds up, Is this possible to remove? We couldn't find anything on Google so he asked me to post here.
  • viki1821

Lymphedema but why??

Hello group, I have a few questions, since you know a lot more than I do about lymphoedema...For a couple of months I have had a tingling and burning sensation on my upper back, right side. No pain, no rash. I thought is was dry skin, because I use an electric mattress cover, and the symptoms seem to have started when I started using it. I asked my husband to apply a bit of cream on the area...
  • dsf95

Ice packs

Basically, someone horrible kicked me in my bottom/ groin in August. This has made managing lymphedema harder. Until recently, most of the pain was in my butt, but I might have nerve damage in the vulva from it. Or I'm getting used to my new bike seat.So, I looked up any home remedies before I sought out doctors and one is an ice pack. Someone said to take an icy bath for lymphedema, which would...
  • deleted_user

pain and lymphedema

I have only recently started having pain in my right foot[top] and ankle [along the bone] Painful to the touch and the compression stockings seem to agravate the pain. Anyone else have this? Debfromthekeys
  • memetime61

Lymphedema nightmare

Hello everyone, I am Meme and I have Lymphedema in both legs . The doctors and I have no clue what caused it and it's a mystery how this happened. I don't have cancer, but last September I developed a blood clot in my left lung and the blood thinner keeps me very tired and weak. My husband and I are in the dark about this disease . It's taken a huge toll on us both. Please if you can shed some...
  • spennington7228

My lymphodema story

Hello I'm Sean. I'm 30 from Michigan. 2 years ago my Dr diagnosed me with MilRoys disease. 2 conditions of this disease are chronic lymphodema and chronic venous insufficiency. I have these conditions in both my legs. This disease has totally destroyed my life. I can't work because I can't stand for 8 hours for my job. I used to be a security guard. I can't get a job sitting because the fluid...
  • TessM

Doctor

Does anybody know of a doctor that treats Lymphedema in the Harrisburg PA area? Thank you.
  • TessM

Doctor

Does anybody know of a docyor that treats Lymphedema in the Harrisburg PA area? Thank you.
  • NellBelle

rebounder / mini trampoline

I read a blog by someone who says she uses a rebounder to give her entire body a lymph workout! Does anyone know more about this? She said it was essential for her.