Lymphedema Support Group

Lymphedema is a condition of localized fluid retention caused by a compromised lymphatic system. The lymphatic system (often referred to as the body's "second" circulatory system) collects and filters the interstitial fluid of the body. Lymphedema has been barely recognized as being a serious health problem; however, this is slowly changing due to education and awareness.

0 Online
  • sjefcoat

lymphedema and venous insufficiency

I think I developed lymphedema in both legs after having a hysterectomy. I have also been diagnosed with venous insufficiency. In addition to that i have bonw on bone in both knees. i am so miserable. Does anyone else have these syptoms
  • Marushka

Lymphedema everywhere

I had a radical vulvectomy in 2010.  Since that time, I experience lymphedema everywhere.  Daily I work to control the swelling and rid myself of fluid.  It seems to me that the medical community does not have a handle on the problem and its severity.  They do not have everyday solutions which can easily be incorporated into peoples' lives.  It takes me at least 20 hours per week to fight...
  • Fragat

Newly diagnosed

Hi all, I have recently been diagnosed with lyphodema and any help would be greatly appreciated. I've always had a vericous vein in my left leg that hasn't really ever caused me any issues so I left it alone. Over the last 24-18 months my leg has started to swell. I went to the Dr and was referred to the hospital. After chatting with the consultant he suspected lyphodema based on what he was...
  • birdsong901

Primary Lymphedema Flare-ups & Victoza

I ahave Primary Lymphedema and am going through a challeging flare-up right now.  My legs and ankles are extremely swollen & heavy, my knees are very stiff and painful and I can barely walk. :-(I think I know what may have set this flare-up off:  My doctor put me on Victoza to help me with weight loss (daily injections in the abdomen).  I immediately lost about 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, then...
  • RCB

Lymphadema related to breast cancer treatment

Looking for advice on breast and arm lymphadema. It didn't appear until 2 months after finishing all my breast cancer treatment.  I thought I'd been able to avoid it. I get that compression sleeves can help my arm. But what about my breast?  Anyone with experience to share?  Thank you !!  ❤
  • katalac1014

child with lymphodema

Okay so I am new and I need help. I have a 16 year old that always has one swollen leg and in constant pain. Now she has bad headaches along with knotts in the back of her head that I can only assume is from the lymphodema bc her leg is just huge tonight. Any suggestions on how to relieve some of this fluid to help my child. Please......we have been all over the place for help and no one seems no...
  • McKenzieGrace

Hi .. As you may have seen by the title, I'm a newbie. I have primary lymphedema and I have found it when I was eight, now 5 years done the line here I am. I joined this sight because after years I found that trying to off load emotions to your parents dosen't quite cut it, to be honest 
  • lighthouselymphedema

Lymphedema Support

I understand this Support Group is not active.  However, I am part of Lymphedema support group that is active. I would like to invite anyone who is interested to Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/lighthouselymphedema/?fref=ts, follow us on Twitter @LLymphedema or follow us on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/lighthousel0131/.  Or you can visit our website...
  • helms2000

My Journey with Lymphedema

I have on quite a journey these last few years. I am happy to join this support group and look forward to learning more about this terrible disease: Lymphedema. If you floundering with compression and daily care regime, I offer some ideas later in this entry. Happy to be here !!.....JulieI had a Hysterectomy in 2010. Within a few short weeks, I had difficulty with lower extremity pain and...
  • Annery

Lympedema and weight gain

Does lympedema affect the overall body weight apart from the affected areas? I eat healthly although i do not real do exercises. I do go for a walk.I have cut on sugars, Fizzy drinks, sweets etc. I hardly it sugary food.I eat plenty of fruits and drink lots of water. My meal does not real include alot of fatty food at all. I have been doing this for a while now, but i seem to be gained weight...
  • dsf95

Herbal lymphatonic

I've been using an herbal supplement called Lymphatonic and peppermint and rosemary essential oils for help. I mix the peppermint oil with lotion and put it on my chest and armpits, where the lymph glands are. I was gaining weight again, but this is helping me. The first ingredient is echinacea and there's black licorice and black dock in the Lymphatonic. If this helps.
  • Annery

Lymphedema & depression, how do you deal with

Here is How I deal with depression that comes with Lymphedema. Please share with the group how you deal with lymphedema.I am a lady aged 32. I have been living with Lymphedema since I was 16 ( I have lived with lymphedema of both legs and feet for 18 years). As a young woman, the first thing that flew out of the window is self-confidence and self-esteem . I just did not feel good enough about my...
  • Kesh1

Dealing with Lymphedema

I beenhaving Lymphedema since i was 17yrs old it unkown where it came from i feel like i havent had a normal life it takes alot out of me ...
  • drachia

How to get the adhesive off bandages

I have a friend who has lymphedema and he has trouble getting the adhesive from 3M MicroPore paper tape off of his leg bandages where it builds up, Is this possible to remove? We couldn't find anything on Google so he asked me to post here.
  • viki1821

Lymphedema but why??

Hello group, I have a few questions, since you know a lot more than I do about lymphoedema...For a couple of months I have had a tingling and burning sensation on my upper back, right side. No pain, no rash. I thought is was dry skin, because I use an electric mattress cover, and the symptoms seem to have started when I started using it. I asked my husband to apply a bit of cream on the area...