Loneliness Support Group
Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any...
azendometriosis
I don't like it that I'm turning 40....But it's hard to find people to understand me.....I have been on one date my whole life....I don't want to hear from someone, 'so'......it's funny how people have always gotten upset about not believing my age....they actually demanded to see my license....shoot...when I was 11 everyone thought I was 7....but I haven't heard anything lately about not looking 40..I hear it, but not very often......I get a lot of judgemental comments, negative....'u don't need a man to complete you'...'get yourself together before you start looking'....I've never looked in my life and I've been a single mom living alone, thank you! (which was known to these idiots making the comments)....course this was all crap comments from my last place of employment...so maybe I am better off in extreme isolation...no job, no dates, no boyfriends, no friends.hardly any neigbors.....and ....just glad I'm not suffering anymore with health crap issues (again that people didn't understand):(.... :))....I should be asleep at 3 am!!!....There are jokes about being 'over the hill', etc....when I first heard of this when I was younger, I learned that many many many people struggle with turning 40......I just don't feeling like telling anyone, "do u think I'm the only 39 woman in the history of time that ever had a problem with turning 40?" give me a break.....they want to try to make u feel a certain way....you'll be fine.....it's not big deal....well, whatever...to me it is a huge giant deal.....I guess I just hate a lack of even empathy from people that I do know, that I should probably not want to get to know anyway
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
This isn't really bipolar related but there is never anyone on the parenting groups, this is the most active group I've been in.My 6yr old son has really bad seasonal allergies and they're in full force right now. He gets a terrible cough; he coughs all day and all night, making it hard for him to sleep, and his nose runs.I've tried every allergy medicine, OTC and RX, and none of them affect his...
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
I am so hearing you on this, as I have 10 years on you, this is my last year of my 40's, I will be 50 in January and I am not happy about it at all.
I have no grey hair or wrinkles, but I am starting to get those old lady hands with the veins, and my neck is not as firm as it once was.
It is hard to watch those sorts of changes, and I feared them since I was a teen, which is why I find myself at nearly 50 wrinkle free, my paranoia of getting old when I was still young forced me to stay out of the sun, not to smoke or drink and to really take good care of my skin. It has paid off in spades.
I know this will probably not make you feel better, sort of like somebody wishing they were 49 rather than their 59, won't make me feel better, as I can not feel their age, only my own.
Just do something nice for yourself it is an important birthday !
Vickie xx
i think you have to try and view it like, hey i feel the same today as yesterday when the clock said i was 39 not 40. the mental attitude is important. maybe you can make a list of things you havent done yet in life youd like to do at 40. some pple do have better more productive yrs in their 40s than 30s. im hoping i can say that the 50s will be better than the 40s, lets hope so anyway..lol.
happy 40th, have a great day.
. 40 is a turning point in many ways. We are confronted with the reality that of our mortality and the aging process. Men and women struggle with it. I have seen people get crazy at that time. How we view it and process it depends on the person. You have a right to your feelings whatever they are. We can not always share what we feel with everyone. Some people will make the matter worse.
I have cousins in the same age range that I am. They get mad at me for telling my age. It remains to be seen how I will handle 50.