Kleptomania Support Group

Kleptomania is an inability to resist impulses of stealing. A person with this disorder is compelled to steal things, generally things of little or no value, such as pens, decorative pins, or wall decorations. They are often unaware of performing the theft until some time later. If you are suffering from kleptomania, join the group and get support.

0 Online
  • Flash1969

Back Here

I was on the Highly sensitive Person group but drifted away from that. My other problem which is shoplifting and takin g from people has resurfaced badly the last few years. I know there is a distinction between Shoplifting and Kleptomania.I have read Terramce Shulmans book something for nothing about shoplifting and would recommend it to anybody with this problem.I did about 28 days clear...
  • VJS

Stealing my whole life

I have been doing the very same thing sine I was seven was yes it was small stuff just like you and money from family and friends as the years went on most of the family knew but just didn't know what to do or say. I was sent to a councillor but just said what they all wanted me to say. I'm now in my 50's and its still happening although the family started talking about it a few years which I...
  • Feelinglostwithinme

New to all this and could really use some advice

I started stealing on and off when i was younger. I felt really bad but also good. I just noticed i started getting back into it; i know i feel empty inside. I have no family here and also very depressed. I do have a husband and a son who i love very much and i feel terrible. I had stolen maybe 15 times or less at this store mainly stuff we needed like food and toys and soap and now i got caught...
  • jacev

might be a kleptomaniac

recently in the past two months ive stolen many things and i hate it but if i see something that fits into my pocket i steal it im scared cause im only 14.
  • seriouslybrutal

urge to steal takes over me

I have been stealing stuff since I was seven. Usually back then it was pens, and other school equipment but nowadays it's more serious stuff like money from family and friends, makeup and jewerly, anything that seems like something I want. I am almost 19 now. I never steal from stores or in public from random people because I fear getting caught. Last spring I stole someone's bag when I was out...
  • cassieray

Figuring things out...

Hi, I just joined this group, and site and I'm trying to find a place to help me deal with this issue. As a child I would take things from step siblings and friends at school. My parents put me in therapy, and it went away for awhile. Now, as an adult, I find that it's back. I've noticed, I never steal from a place that I don't work, only where I work. Right now I work in a large store of sorts,...
  • wasteaspace

When will it be enough??

its hard to talk about, out load, from my own mouth. I take things impulsively, I hate it and I hate myself after I do it, I don't even want to do it I have arguments in my mind and seem to always give in. It's the most horrible thing not being able to have self control, for your body to determine your actions not your mind, I feel so alone and disgusted in myself for the pointless things I take,...
  • fiverubies

Lost

this is the first time I've admitted to myself that I have a disorder. I've just lost a job that I love and have made some amazing relationships through because I was caught stealing. I've had these issues since I was a child and lately I've been dealing with depression and emotional stress caused by a break up and a sick mother. I'm really hating myself because I know what I've done is so wrong...
  • buffbills

rock bottom

I have been a Kleptomaniac for as long as I can remember, but never believed I had a problem. That is until now. I lost my job today. I steal for no reason. Things I don't need. Things I could have bought because I could afford them. I'm about to lose everything that I worked for my whole life. I now understand I have a huge problem and it might be to late. I could lose my house, my wife to be,...
  • ozozozoz21

Please help me

At this point in my life I don't know what to do. I'm a 27 year old felon who can't seem to learn his lesson. For most of my adult life I've been addicted to taking what's not mine. From stores, strangers, family, and friends. It's ruined my life. I've been fired from 2 jobs from stealing a and currently carry a life long felony on my record. I don't know how to stop. I don't want to end up in...
  • worriedmother

Self loathing, embarrassed anything u can think of

I was just involved in a scam on Facebook where I scammed like 18 girls and totaled over $500. I was caught and have started paying back as cops were threatened. I have one daughter that's 8 and I would hate for my baby to be without me and see what her mother is really like. That was the first time I have done the online thing. Stealing from stores that's something I have been doing for 11 years...
  • Flash1969

How active is this group?

Been back here a week or so. I was active on another support group a few back (HSP). Im not sure much point posting when nobody replies. Then its just a journal and I can do that on my own.I think I outlined how I had this problem for 20 years and recently accelerated after a few traumatic events. But last month I went clean for 30 days which is good going!I want to try to find a group that is...
  • This is a private conference call open to anyone that is interested in seeking help from their shoplifting behaviors.  Each caller will have 5 minutes to speak. There will be a time when you can also press to talk.  CAll the # below and enter the code follwed by the # sign.  You must enter the code and then press # on your keypad.   712-432-3900 201983#http://www.theshulmancenter.comThis...
  • ThereIsStillHope

Better night tonight

So tonight was a better night for me ~ I went to a play, "An American in Paris" ~ which was all Broadway but I have to still only give it a C- ~ sorry, it was just boring, and then before that I went out with about 10 ppl to a nice dinner.  It was good to get out.  I did not prioritize my shopping today.  I did not feel any urge to steal anything.  I felt sad about yesterday but I know that...
  • ThereIsStillHope

I know there is still hope

I have been stealing things for longer than I can remember. Yesterday, I put something in my bag right in the middle of the store. I don't even think I cared about who was watching me. Stupid. 10 minutes later I was arrested I was handcuffed and I was taken to jail. If you knew me you wouldn't believe this.   You would think I was telling you one of my really funny stories, but it's true. I...