Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) Support Group

The term hypoglycemia literally means "low blood sugar." Hypoglycemia can produce a variety of symptoms and effects but the principal problems arise from an inadequate supply of glucose as fuel to the brain, resulting in impairment of function. Derangements of function can range from vaguely "feeling bad" to coma and in the worst case, can be fatal.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi, I am new to this support group. I have had hypoglycemia for awhile now. I am just struggling to balance it all out and control it. I have went to the doctor and she said to ear small meals a day (eat enough protein & sugar). I feel when I eat a meal or a small snack I feel low about an hour later. The snacks I am eating are : peanut butter on bread, apple with peanut butter, cheese and...
  • I managed to manage the episodes better through a low carb high protein diet. I have about 1500-1600 calories a day, averaging 135 grams of protein, 50-70 carbs a day, and trying to stay under 25 grams of sugar a day. I eat really good lean proteins, good fat from nuts olive oil low fat dairy, veggies (no root veggies), no fruit, and no sweets. I get all my fiber from veggies, flaxseed, and a...
  • Was just wondering if anyone here has or has come down with gastritis? Several months ago I came down with gastritis and I have Reactive Hypogylcemia for several years and had been following that diet. Sometimes my blood sugar can fluctuate but not as bad as if I had regular hypoglycemia. But I still feel the effects of not having enough food. Sorry, not having a good day with the gastritis...
  • Lanaleo15

signs of hypoglycemia

So my therapist thinks I am and why I feel the way I do. When I get hungry and don't eat right away I get dizzy light headed distorted vision trembling and shakiness. When I do eat something or snack it can take me like 10 minutes to an hour to feel normal again. When I do eat every few hours I'm OK. But I have to eat something candy doesn't help. This morning I had a granola bar and hot...
  • Hello, I am new to this group. I have been feeling bad for a few months now. I have been shaky, weak, fast heart beat, extreme anxiety/panic, brain fog, dizziness, and also diarrhea and weight loss. This is pretty constant although it does get better and worse through out the day. I had labs done and all seems fine except my glucose was low at 58 and had just eaten a full meal 1 hour before...
  • I've had a couple of instances lately where my blood sugar dropped right after eating lunch. I know it dropped because I get blurred vision with metallic jagged lines in my vision, followed by a migraine headache. And then I eat or drink something with sugar in it and my vision returns to normal 20 minutes later. I don't understand why my blood sugar would drop right after eating lunch though,...
  • Hello everyone,After 7 years of hypoglycemia I am glad to say I am cured of it. It was a long road for me. Like all of you I had confusion, frustration, anxiety, weight gain, and all the symtoms that come with it. I used a blood sugar meter 6-10 times a day, ate every 2 hours, ate a high fat and protein diet, carried food with me every where I went, and lived a very careful life for fear of...
  • slimewave

Nicotine

Hey guys. This is my first post here, but I'm super curious about this.I'm an ex-smoker who has, like many people, fallen into using e-cigs and vapes for the past few years to help curb my addiction. E-cigs had always given me a kind of 'spike' (or as I called it at the time) that I didn't like at all, and recently a professional has informed me that I have classic hypoglycemia. It's good to know...
  • Like many of the folks in this forum I was also suffering from severe hypoglycemia and blood sugar fluctuation. i read somewhere that apple helps hypoglycemia and i have been eating an apple a day diligently for the last 15days or so. I already feel that the symptoms are slowly coming under control now. It is not completely gone, but at least there is less drama. I thought I will share.
  • donsabi

Ate Wrong Foods

Normally I follow at diet that keep my hypoglycemia under control. Today I had a meeting at Panera's and even though I know I shouldn't I had a regular coffee and danish around 10am. I didn't have a problem with this but I was unable to eat lunch until late and the people I were with stopped at Bojangles.I was hungry and had a few chicken wings, 3, and a fountain pepsi, small. Finally this...
  • I have a blood sugar tester thingy and I want to keep an eye on my blood sugar. What number range should it be in? What is high, what is low, and what is normal? Thanks
  • Has anyone become a diabetic after years of hypoglycemia?
  • Good day to you all. I have consistently experiencing hypoglycemic symptoms in the last 2 months after I tried to diet and lose some weight. It seem to be a chicken and egg problem. I have to eat to avoid blood sugar levels going too low but losing weight is not happening. My endo recommended that I eat 50% protein and 50% complex carb, This is helping me from avoiding low sugar but I am starting...
  • I have a concern for a friend. We live 3 hours apart and I have noticed some pretty disturbing traits. We have been friends for 30 years. She was always heavy set and I had seen her in 2012 and was still overweight. I saw her last year and she had lost a tremendous amount of weight. I saw her again in February and really noticed the drinking. We took a trip together this past May and she...
  • Hi Everyone, I notice I get very irritable and lose my temper after I eat sometimes. I have hypoglycemia and am on a very restricted diet. It is very frustrating because every day I go up and down. I feel badly for my husband since he never knows who he will get. I always feel guilty if I get snappy. I don't know what else to try or do. I have seen dietitians, doctors, herbalists,...