Healthy Relationships Support Group
No relationship is perfect. A long-term relationship requires constant effort to understand each other, fix misunderstandings, solve problems and continue to grow as both individuals change and evolve. How we deal with our misunderstandings is the focus of this community. Join us to find support, get advice, and share your experience with your relationship.

I am a bit baffled by a few comments on here that I have read about 50 being old.
"Im 50 and too tired and old....'
WHAAAAT!
Why all the negativity about being 50, 50 or 60 isnt old, or 70 for that matter.
50 doesnt mean its game over, it means you are old and wise enough to make the most out of the rest of your life.
It is scary to think we have a limited time left. BUT hell I am going to make the most of it!
I am 50 next year, it was one of the factors that helped me leave my marriage....time is running out and I am not ready to go yet. I have so much left to do and see and share.
But that doesnt mean I am old. I am 50 years young.
Its a matter of mindset. Life is for living, dont waste it, dont wait, live for now.
-
Life has been really hard this past year. I'm really feeling down and alone. I can't talk to my family about my depression and anxiety their not very understanding about it. It's really hitting me since my mother passed a few months ago, plus stress from having to eventually move. Also having my niece coming around who suffers bipolar and refuses to take medication for it. Its been...
-
When i was in the ER February 16th 2025, i was being admitted to ICU where i was for 3 weeks, then had to relearn to walk for 3 weeks in another hospital rehab floor, the nurse told me something that made me feel for over 18 months now that i was finally *safe*. She told me that the guy who raped and beat me 21 years ago now almost 20 years at that time, was in prison as of a month before that...

I'm 51, I'm healthy and still look ok, but I work really hard and long hours, and have never not had a job, since high school. I'm busy with my husband; we are social and like going out. I have family that needs my attention, and I don't sleep well. Hell yeah I'm tired. And the idea, if something were to happen where I found myself no longer married, I don't know that I'd want to put the energy into finding someone. But that's said as a relatively happily married person who just would like to get a solid 7 hours of sleep, just for a night.
But you're right. 50 today is not the 50 of our grandparents, for sure.