Gallstones Support Group

Gallstones (choleliths) are crystalline bodies formed within the body by accretion or concretion of normal or abnormal bile components. Risk factors for pigment stones include cirrhosis, biliary tract infections, and hereditary blood cell disorders, such as sickle cell anemia. Stones of mixed origin also occur.

0 Online
  • jazzmynn

Confused and scared

Posted Today, 01:29 PMAdvertisementI need some feedback.I have had ibs and herd years.My issue started when I ate fast food fried fish a couple months ago.Within an hour, I got the worst bloating and gas I've ever had.Because nothing would relieve the pressure, I ended up making myself vomit.I went to the walkin clinic the next morning and the dr thought it might be my ibs flaring.Within days I...
  • I need to get rid of gallstones badly. I cannot do a gallbladder flush that requires fasting. I am already too weak and underweight. Is there a way to get rid of gallstones another way except surgery?
  • maxirose

GALLSTONE FLUSH

Gall stones are actually lumps of bile acid coated with fatty cholestrols. Gel-like texture similar to jellybeans. Easily flushed out with Malic acid like apple juice and cider vinegar. Why go through the pain to have the gallbladder removed when you can flush out the stones with a simple gallbladder flush???
  • Jo1980

Constant pain - is this normal?

Hi! About 3 months ago I had a gall bladder attack. Scans showed that I have sludge.Right now I am on the waiting list for a cholecystectomy. I am paying very close attention to what I eat and drink (no fats, no alcohol, no fizzies, no coffee... ) but still I am in constant pain. It is not the same pain as an actual attack (thank God ;) ) but it is always there, and affects my quality of life. I...
  • I had my gallbladder out a week ago.I now have spells of feeling hot/cold especially when sleeping (no fever)My stomach itches by the incisionsMy blood tests showed low levels after surgeryAny advice?
  • jesselkie

Questionnaire

Hi all I have suffered with gallstones in the past and pancreatitis also. had my gallbladder removed in 2012 but still have a really bad stomach and bowel.My question really is this...I am a university student doing a research project and would like to do mine on gallstones. Before I start my questionnaire I need to find a target audience which would be gallstone sufferers.I was wondering would...
  • I lived with the attacks for almost a year thinking it was gas or something common. finally went to Dr. and was sent for ultrasound. The report showed the gallbladder was enlarged, walls thickened and stones too large to pass. I was having weekly attacks and I was put on a waiting list for surgery. Waiting list for the day surgery room was less than 2 months, but I had to get it done in the...
  • GwenY

Gallstone polyps

Anyone on here had polyps on gallbladder. Just diagnosed, surprised as I eat healthily and low fat. No animal fat. I drink alcohol at the weekend which I know put scholesterol up. And now reading they are cholesterol based. so looking like it is a culprit. Also liver slightly inflamed. All new to me this. Any advice appreciated although I do notice not much coming in since last year. ...
  • deleted_user

post surgery problems

hello allI need some help, I had my gallbladder out last july, I was very ill afterwards and was in hospital for two weeks, I do have other health issuesmy wound in my belly button keeps bursting open every couple of month and puss and blood come out, I have been back to the surgeon on a number of occasions, he said that he thinks there may be an abscess formed on one of the internal stitches as...
  • On August 13th, 2015, I had my Gall stones and Gall bladder removed.Having issues with Bloating constantly.What can be done about this? What kind of foods are you allowed to eat?
  • luvmygirlz

Need Help Please!

ok so last Tuesday I had an ultrasound to test my gallbladder, kidneys & liver because I've been having these awful stabbing sharp pains in my right upper abdomen, nausea, loss of appetite, & pain in my right shoulder blade...sounds like text book gallbladder symptoms, right?! well a little history on myself, I have stage 4 copd & pulmonary sarcoidosis so my pain is widespread & unusual...
  • rubyblue

post op pain worse than pre op

I had my GB removed 5th April with no complications..... but recently the pain has been worse than before I had it taken out..... I've even been throwing up bile.... my pharmacist said no to an ant acid med and told me to call the non emergency service who made an appt with the out of hours doc who was rather dismissive..... I have the same pain under my ribs.... it's worse when I eat (so I am...
  • Had my gallbladder out about 14 yrs. ago. Anybody have any tips on how to date & find someone who's understanding about my need to stay close to the bathroom? Most of the time a "date" consists of going out for a meal. It might even involve something after that. How horrible is it when you're in the car after your delicious meal & all of a sudden you need to find a bathroom - fast! Or if you...
  • sensations8457

ultrasound

I've been having right upper pain, diaherra. just got results from ultrasound. they said I have fatty liver (I don't drink). a cyst on liver. and a mass on my gallbladder, (which they are not sure what it is). they are sending me to gastro doctor. I'm scared!
  • kathyrsh

i'm gallbladderless

so glad I let them tale it out, so much less pain now, don't miss it