Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

Winter woes and it’s still fall!

It’s rare for me to post outside of check in, but you all understand my complaining and won’t make me feel bad for doing so.

I’m so tired of the increased pain because it’s cold already. I’m lying here on the verge of tears because I’m in so much pain. I went to a seminar/meeting tonight and I could barely concentrate because all I could think about was the pain. 

I woke today to severe pain and weakness in my arms. It never got better. I know that cold bothers me and I stay dressed warmly, but it doesn’t seem to help. It just seems to go deep into the bones.

It’s just so defeating to continually feel this way. I did some stretching yesterday to ease some back pain, and of course that made it significantly worse. I was in tears and couldn’t get comfortable. Then that made my ribs flare worse (hardly seems possible since my ribs are sooooo bad).

I’m thankful for this board that offers no judgment. I just needed to complain without feeling like I was a burden.

Replies

idajoy
idajoy

Oh, Bobbii! I'm so sorry you are suffering so much. I will say a prayer for you today.

No one understands like us. Vent away, and all you will get is support.

I hope you can rest today. You are always so busy. Tell the family to have pizza tonight.
Leo
Leo

Oh I understand! cold usually is no my big prob but I know the Weather Woes. Big hugs, and if they want food, hey, read the box, add boiling water, or eat raw veg... You gotta care for you, too!
mnfibro
mnfibro

I understand about weather and pain. I hope you find some relief there soon.
twinmomab
twinmomab

I completely know how you feel. We are with you and you can complain and get frustrated on here all you want. I feel the same way and I was lying on my bed crying over the weekend b/c I want to do stuff with my girls but I can't think about anything else when the pain gets so intense. I wish life were easier for us and they could find a reason and cure for fibro, or at least a reason and real help for it. It's so frustrating that they still can't figure out a treatment plan that really helps our pain.
wvgirl82
wvgirl82

I agree with you, Bobbii. I do so badly in the cold weather and I know I won't feel better until about March or April. That's such a depressing thought. I also can't seem to warm up either. Know that we are right there with you. Take care.
Wonderbaby
Wonderbaby

Oh Bobbii,

It's so hard and frustrating when no matter what you do or try and nothing helps. I think of those movies like Groundhog Day where you repeat the same day for so long and no matter what you try to do to make it go away, it just doesn't. That is what Fibro is like. The pain never goes away.

And it's so hard to watch our loved ones here in our big FMily hurt in ways that we know we can't help much. Listening just seems like it's not enough. So we lift up our wants with each prayer.

I'm sorry it's been so hard lately for you. I hope somehow my support here is enough to warm your heart and take that chill away today.
BlueSky
BlueSky

Oh, Bobbii.... ouchie I'm sorry you have to deal with that cold and pain. The cold is my nemesis and that's why I can't live in climate with 4 seasons (or that has winter). When it gets down to the lower 60s here I have to put on my electric blanket. I want to wrap it around you right now and ease that deep pain of yours. I echo Twins and wish there was some kind of treatment for us. Even if they can't cure us, at least something to help reduce our symptoms / pain. I think everyone with fibro needs to move to the most temperate climate on the planet: Hawaii ;).
Bobbii
Bobbii

You all are such a help when I’m down. Thank you. I am feeling especially bad because i have so much to do, teaching, and life! I push through because I have no other choice. Even today, my body is screaming at me.

Love you all.
milily14
milily14

I understand. My pain levels are kicking my butt too and has me really down. I dont tolerate cold, heat, humidity, rain. If only it could be sunny and 70 degrees and no humidity all the time.
Fantod
Fantod

I sure wish you weren't in so much pain. It's too early in the season and you are always so busy. Sending good thoughts and support your way.
fibrohyg
fibrohyg

I can relate to increased pain to colder weather and or rain. My husband hurt his back, so I stupidly tried to rake leaves a few times. Yesterday, I overdid and put my back and left shoulder out. I was in misery for the last 2 days. The pain at times is so bad, that I can't think it can get worse. Thank you for letting me vent too. Fibrohyg
Bobbii
Bobbii

Yes, Fibrohyg, I think that the pain can’t get worse and then it hits me with a massive pain wave that is so bad. And the fatigue is just as bad. I’m finding myself weak and with bruised feeling.
4everyoung1
4everyoung1

Sending you all a warm, gentle hug !!! I too woke up to a day of pain, overwhelming fatigue and flu like symptoms , once again. I want to cry, scream, crawl under a rock and then I read your posts and a small smile appears on my face and in my heart. I'm so sorry you all understand and don't know what I would without the support. Blessings, love and prayers for a pain-free, energy filled day tomorrow for all of us !!!
4everyoung1
4everyoung1

Just curious, where do you live ?
Daggett
Daggett

Bobbii,
I think I may understand. Cold weather seems to do me in as well. Hang in there. Prayers for you.
Daggett
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • AngelaJo

Thank you Everyone

I want to say thank you to all of you that are so encouraging to me. You are always cheering me on and up! Even with this depression both last year and current you guys cheer me on! You guys got me thru the past week or so with this gout where i am in unbearable pain (finally somewhat better today thanks to steroids added yesterday) And you guys are so supportive! This is the best support group i...
  • Community Leadermujicaptsd

Ex-FBI stalker? WTF! vent TW

TWI have to be one of the most friggin' unlucky people on the planet.  I'm getting stalked by my family of origin's friend.  Believe or not, he is an ex-FB I agent.  Yep. He just pulled up behind me in his car when I went for a walk right now.  I have a real professionally trained spy stalker triggering my PTSD hypervigilance.  WTF!?I promised my kidney doctor last week I'd try to walk on...