Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

TGI farewell for a bit check-in (early)

Hey. The fatigue thing from this whatever-recurreing fever/fatigue/virus thing-not-thing since October has hit bad and I can't manage so I'm just kicking off Friday a bit early and letting you know I will be back Monday the 20th, gotta just fall down flat a few days and not do anything but sleep, drink juice and broth, see if that helps beat it back. No appetite, even for chocolate, so you know I'm feeling cruddy.

It's not yet 7PM where I am but I  have to go to bed or fall down. See you Monday, much love, Leo

Replies

Miki26
Miki26

I hope you feel better, Leo! See you Monday
AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Feel better Leo!!!! Take care of yourself!
Fantod
Fantod

Good plan Leo! I hope some extra rest time will help you out! Hugs!
AutumnSong
AutumnSong

Take care Leo and know we will be sending you strength, hope and love. Rest well and get better. Hugs and prayers.
jptexas
jptexas

Take good care of yourself. Healing hugs your way, JP
milily14
milily14

Leo, I hope you feel better soon. Big soft fleece hugs to you.

I guess I didnt see this when I posted on Thursdays check in (in the evening) . Fibro fog strikes again.
sonyacon
sonyacon

Good luck with everything, Leo. I hope you'll feel better soon, and that your quiet weekend will be good for the physical and mental battery. All the best to the puma - and maybe some chocolate anyway, in case you want it over the weekend.
idajoy
idajoy

Leo, thanks for thinking of us even though you are not feeling well. I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself to help you feel better. I pray you have a turn around this weekend.

Good morning, everyone.

I only slept about 3 hours last night, so I'm not doing well at all. I coughed all night, and really cannot take this anymore. I think I'm going to head to the doctor today. I don't drink because of my meds, but last night I took a half shot of my hubby's brandy in some hot water and fell asleep shortly after that. I was so wide awake at about 1am, that I got hungry and fried myself a couple of eggs. So goofy. I think my nerves are also a wreck because of the move. I just need to feel better.

We had a sleet storm overnight that is supposed to continue through about 10am. At least I don't live far from the clinic.

My son called last evening, and their house sold! 10 days on the market. And they can live there until they move in June. So that all worked out well.

I'll talk to you all later. Take care, Leo.
mnfibro
mnfibro

Leo,
It's a great idea that you are scheduling some R&R for yourself! I hope you feel better coming out of it!

ida,
Last storm we were suppose to get 4-6 inches and got none. This storm we were suppose to get none and we already have about 4 at my house...and it's still snowing. Crazy weather! Good luck at the doc. I'm sure they'll be able to do something to help you.

Mother update: She was still confused yesterday afternoon. Still couldn't remember the year for instance. However, she can hold a fairly simple conversation and they do have her getting up, with a lot of help and a walker, to take a few steps. That is better than two days ago...so small steps in the right direction. Unfortunately, no reports, updates, news, guesses on what is causing her thing. (I guess we're kind of use to that) She is on the cardiac floor and seeing her cardiac doc today which may at least show how they are leaning.
I chatted with my counselor yesterday, which she patted me on my back just for showing. It was hard for me to go to that appointment with my Mom in the hospital...first things I always cancel in times like these are my own things. Anyway, she had some interesting things to tell me about living in the moment (I tend to focus on what's going to happen/could happen 1-2-3 weeks/months in the future), don't anticipate bad or good things happening (tend to be wrong a lot). Try to realize what I can control and what I can't. Don't consider everything that goes wrong my failure....etc. I'm suppose to be in Vegas next week (we'll see how that goes) so don't have an appointment to see her. She said she'll call me sometime to see how I'm doing.....I kind of like her and may even keep going for awhile this time. :-) I'm very tired today so am kind of babbling again, sorry about that. :-)

Hoping that everyone finds some time for themselves this weekend....and try to live in and enjoy the moment!

KEl
Fantod
Fantod

Morning Peeps - I have appointments today and maybe the fish fry at St Andrews at dinner time. I'm pretty groggy right now. I slept a bit better last night. We are supposed to have snow and rain later today which will impact me when I have PT and then go the St Andrews. I hope it doesn't get too horrible.

Ida - I am glad that you are going back to the doctors about that cough. Glad to hear that your son's house sold so quickly. I hope that the doctor will finally give you something so you can get some rest.

Things to do and a phone call to make. I will check back later on everyone. Hugs!
Fantod
Fantod

Kel - I sure hope that you get some clarification on what is going on with your Mom today! I'm glad that you took the time to go to counseling and did something for yourself. She sounds pretty helpful. Hang in there! Hugs!
AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Pain so bad i been up sicne before 4am, sugars really high so trying to slowly get that down, feel sick and headachy when its high. I will check in more later, I see my neurologist at 1pm i have to be there. Hate high blood sugars.
basketballmom23
basketballmom23

Leo, please take time to help yourself heal. Some R&R is ordered.

Kel, I am glad you went to the counselor. I am also hoping that the docs are leaning in the right direction for your mom. I know it is hard to see them failing. Hugs to you and I hope you have a good weekend.

Ida, I am sorry you are still coughing. I really think you should go back to the doctor. I am glad your sons house sold quickly, but I know you will miss them terribly.

Fantod, I would love the fish fry. I am glad you slept a little better too. Good luck a your appointment for PT.

I am fighting a lot of exhaustion. I did go work out, even though I thought better of it. It seems every damn day is leg day. I would like to work on my gut and upper body some days too. Anyways, I didn't put too hard. My Gyno gave me a estrogen patch so we will see how that works.

I am falling asleep at my computer. I think it is time for coffee.

I will try to do the check in in the morning, but Ida or anyone else who gets up before me, you can do it too.

Hugs to all that follow. Wonder, Twin, Blue, Sonya, Autumn, Bear, Milily, Miki and anyone else I may have missed.
Miki26
Miki26

Morning everyone...my calf muscle still hurts but I can pretty much walk normally. I'm a mess today. Couldn't sleep, weird dreams etc. I managed to knock over a box of glass microscope slides and it's only 9 am. Hope everyone has a good day
Bobbii
Bobbii

Hope you're feeling better, Leo, by the time you read this.

I'm having a rough day already and it's only 9:30. My nerves are firing almost constantly these last two,days and my skin feels like I'm being needled with very sharp needles all over.

Ida, fantastic news for your son. Even better that they can stay until June. That's a relief. I hope you get that cough taken care of. And I know you have a lot to,do, but I know when I have a cough like that, if I do too much, I cough so much more. Feel better!

Kel, can we really trust weather forecasters anymore? We barely got any with the last storm. I hope you get to enjoy your vegas trip. Praying for your mom.

Angela, rough night. I hope your appointment goes well today.

BBmom, I hope your exhaustion eases. And the patch helps. Maybe you'll see a turnaround with it.

Fantod, enjoy the fish fry if you go. Hope your knee is feeling better.

Sonya, hi! Hope your day is a good one.

Miki, last night I kept dropping things. My hands just weren't working. So I get bumping into things. I'm sure no sleep contributed. I hope you can get some rest at some point today.

Hope everyone's day improves as it goes on.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • AngelaJo

Added pain past several days..........

Since i think Tuesday my left knee has been hard to even put weight on, now its the whole leg i am calling my dr on monday morning before group. I have no clue what i did either! My oxycodone doesnt even touch it or the motrin 800 and robaxin. Tried the combo of all 3 too :( Nothing works except the ice helps for awhile on it. Wish i knew what was wrong! Do not want to bother with the ER because...
  • Leo

TGIFriday Phooey Check-in

Good morning! TOday I say we each pick one thing to which to say "phooey!" and just ignore it. Mine for the day is going to be the neighborhood cats. I love 'em, I do, but yesterday I was trying to chat to a neighbor---he was badly injured a year before I was, and we can talk relearning to walk and limping and all that---and first it was Spice, then Shadow, then Lil Miss, then someone's dog ran...