Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

Some of us "slid" into fibro (I did). A bad day. Two. Three. Then suddenly (or so it seemed) every five of seven days was bad. Then it became degrees of How Bad Today? Then I worked with meds and strategies for exercise and stress management, and had about 8 years of "remission" where a flare was happening maybe three times a year and lasted a day or so at a time.
It's trial and error. Unique to each of us. Since fibro probably has a dozen different causes but medicine can't detect them accurately enough to treat the underlying cause, we tend to fall into groups. Some who are helped primarily by diet, some primarily by meds, some by another kind of meds, etc.
I came down with mono at a time in life when I was also malnourished due to poverty. Stress is a huge trigger for my flares. When stress management techniques for anxiety and so on don't work? Oh, I'm in trouble!
Keep a diary, a journal, of what you do in a day, every day. Foods you eat, activities, exposures to chemicals or people or situations. It's tedious, but after a few months, most of us find "patterns" (as in our gal hormones, ugh), or recurring themes (In-laws, junk food, whatever).
And absolutely buy Fibromyalgia for Dummies. It's the go-to guide for this group and for good reason, IMO. Useful also for family, friends, and disbelieving doctors!
Basically, I just focus on keeping good baseline health (diet, gentle exercise, healthy BP and so on) because it makes the rest easier to survive. But if there's a magic cure? Sure missed me! That said, I know people who took Cymbalta and as long as they take it, they're fine. Someone else, it was a now-banned drug called Vioxx (which helped me enormously as well). Another person went low-gluten, and felt better if not great.
Sorry to write a novel, but it's sorta the standard "Hi, welcome!" when it's fibro. Vent and rant and ask away. It's why we're here.
Welcome,
Leo
PS Daily Check-in is just that, we kind of hang out, check in, imagine a coffee klatch, very free and easy-going. Feel free to drop in and lurk a bit, get to know us.
Nice to meet you, BTW.
I second Leo's recommendation to buy "Fibromyalgia for Dummies." You can find it on Amazon. You've asked a lot of questions about the same issues since you joined the board. I think that having a handy reference guide would really help your anxiety levels.
Past that point, you have to figure out what works for you. Medication, Yoga, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, diet, stress management etc. Keep a journal and learn to say "no" and respect your limits.
We all wish that we could give you definitive answers to your questions. This is a complex illness that varies from one person to the next. We can only make suggestions about what might work for you. Take care.
However about 18 months ago it came with a vengance. I felt like I had the flu, initially but it didn't go away. I had horrible muscle and joint pain and I could barely put one foot in front of the other and I was exhausted. I tried Cymbalta and going gluten free - I gained 40 lbs and didn't feel any better.
Everyone is different, try different things and hopefully you can find something that helps you deal with the pain and fatigue. I am still navigating.