Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.
jrk1288
Don't expect anyone to respond but this week I've been feeling really depressed about things (not like an I'm gonna harm myself depression, just sadness). I'm 26 and I went out with people from work LAST weekend, had fun but got home late-basically I went to sleep at 1 am and I was up at my normal 5-5:30 am. I'm literally still feeling like I haven't recovered from that one night over a week later. I've never been a really social person but I would like to be able to go out AND function normally in the weeks after. This also spiraled into thinking about how bad I've been with keeping in touch with people from college, high school, etc...seems like all my "best" friends are better friends with other people and I get pushed aside. Even when I try to reach out with people and get together, the conversation always ends with agreeing that we should hang out and me saying "when are you free". I literally have 3 friends outside of work that I've hung out with in the past year...And because my brain likes to screw with me, I start thinking about what I'm gonna do when I get married and I'm asking these people I haven't talked to in forever to be in the wedding because I don't have anyone else...I wish it wasn't so damn hard to be normal with all this going on :(
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
So there's a Bigfoot festival going on soon and Hubby is soooo enthused.I've spent so much of my life outdoors. I'm 99% sure their whoops and thumps and such are probably people up to no good tryihng to scare other folisk outta the woods without getting in trouble.Why do I say that?There's moonshiners in my DNA. And people who've lived in the forests since before white folks. If something was out...
-
Fun facts to up your day:The Big Bang wasn't IN space... it was OF space. How does that happen? Well, now you know why I'm NOT a physicist. Cuz I dunno. It just happened. Thena gain a new hypothesis is that our "black energy/matter" is actually waste dumped in our universe from somewhere else's black holes. How and all that? Don't ask. You start getting all "The Matrix" and muttering...

And, like you it takes me forever to recover from one night of making the effort to do something fun. I belong to a Scottish benevolent society and can not attend the meeting because they run too long/late. At this time of year, they have fish fries every Friday as a fund raiser. I go with my family and then spend the majority of the rest of the weekend in bed off and on to make up for it. This week I'm still dragging from last Friday's excursion which was precisely 2 1/2 hours.
However, I would rather do that than nothing at all. It is the memories of these outings that keeps me going on really tough days. As for other people, I'm over it. I have become my own reality engineer in that I'm able to entertain myself and enjoy my own company. If someone really cares, they know where to find me and they do.
I guess my message is that you do need to make the effort to get out once in awhile even though the backlash is a nuisance. Plan on downtime afterwards rather than trying to fight it. Its part of the "perks" that we have to deal with. Enjoy being out rather than focusing on relationship dynamics. Things have a way of working out like they are supposed to no matter how hard we try to change it. Be grateful that you got to do something fun and let the rest of it go. Keep your chin up and take care.
But I wanted to let you know that one of my main struggles is with what you're talking about.....the loss of our fun way of life, having friends sort of leave us on the curb, and the resulting loneliness and isolation. It is something I'm still trying to work through.
I agree with Fantod that it would be really good for you to at least try to make the effort periodically. I know when I push myself and go out for lunch with a friend, it does so much to lift my depression. Maybe you could choose other ways of socializing. You could do lunches, or a movie, or if you do go out to a club or something, try to make it an earlier evening. And of course, clear your schedule to allow for resting up afterwards. I pray that you will find ways to make this work. I know you can!
Trying to stay in touch with your friends is hard, but important. I'm bad about waiting for others to call me, but I'm learning that I may have to be the one to reach out to them first. It's so important to hang on to those friendships. I have some dear friends that I've had since elementary school, even though we don't talk as often as I'd like.
I'll pray for you, dear. I know this is so hard, but you have our support and friendship.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Feel better,
Lindsey
(((Gentle hugs)))
~Stephanie~