Fibromyalgia Support Group
You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.
lowernotes
Hi all
It has been a very hectic year so far and I haven't made time for my fibro friends. I am sorry. I have missed being a part of this.
My daughter's fibro crash has returned. She had a few months of a lightening of the load, but then it started going down again. She has spent months mostly in bed from tiredness, weakness and pain. We have dealt with food poisoning requiring hospitalisation for nearly a week (bad biltong from a supermarket when that was all she could eat - Butcher only for meat now!), the illness and suffering of a friend and his death due to skin and bone cancer. His wife is blind and has been staying with us on and off since he died. (She is a lovely person and not in the least bit a problem to have around) She has just spent a further three days with us because she accidently bumped into my aged scottie and got bitten quite severely. With the added 'fun' my fibro has been flaring too - thankfully I can still cope with most things slowly and carefully. I am on Lyrica which seems to be dulling the pain a bit. The muscle stiffness is a bitch though! But then - you guys know about that. Most of you seem to be having far worse trouble than me.
Gentle hugs to all and know that even when I cannot chat I think of you all often and it gives me strength to cope just knowing that I am not alone in this .
It has been a very hectic year so far and I haven't made time for my fibro friends. I am sorry. I have missed being a part of this.
My daughter's fibro crash has returned. She had a few months of a lightening of the load, but then it started going down again. She has spent months mostly in bed from tiredness, weakness and pain. We have dealt with food poisoning requiring hospitalisation for nearly a week (bad biltong from a supermarket when that was all she could eat - Butcher only for meat now!), the illness and suffering of a friend and his death due to skin and bone cancer. His wife is blind and has been staying with us on and off since he died. (She is a lovely person and not in the least bit a problem to have around) She has just spent a further three days with us because she accidently bumped into my aged scottie and got bitten quite severely. With the added 'fun' my fibro has been flaring too - thankfully I can still cope with most things slowly and carefully. I am on Lyrica which seems to be dulling the pain a bit. The muscle stiffness is a bitch though! But then - you guys know about that. Most of you seem to be having far worse trouble than me.
Gentle hugs to all and know that even when I cannot chat I think of you all often and it gives me strength to cope just knowing that I am not alone in this .
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
So there's a Bigfoot festival going on soon and Hubby is soooo enthused.I've spent so much of my life outdoors. I'm 99% sure their whoops and thumps and such are probably people up to no good tryihng to scare other folisk outta the woods without getting in trouble.Why do I say that?There's moonshiners in my DNA. And people who've lived in the forests since before white folks. If something was out...
-
Fun facts to up your day:The Big Bang wasn't IN space... it was OF space. How does that happen? Well, now you know why I'm NOT a physicist. Cuz I dunno. It just happened. Thena gain a new hypothesis is that our "black energy/matter" is actually waste dumped in our universe from somewhere else's black holes. How and all that? Don't ask. You start getting all "The Matrix" and muttering...

Wow, what a load you're under. I can't imagine taking care of a daughter with fibro & having fibro yourself, as well as caring for your ailing friend. You sound like quite the caretaker!
I hope you get a breather pretty darn soon....take care of yourself.
Anyway, glad you have checked in with us. We are always here for you. I hope you and your daughter feel better soon! Take care... hugs
Bluesun - Africa is not all wild, no lions in the street sort of thing unless they escape from a game farm (which has happened). We do have donkeys, goats and cattle that often roam the streets. Travelling between towns the only wildlife we see apart from the local minibus taxis are animals on game farms the border the roads. We have seen giraffe, various antelope and zebra quite often. The donkey you see in my picture is one that came in off the street for a rest from carting. He stayed for a few weeks and then asked to be let out again. Before my daughter got her service dog we used to often let donkeys in for rest and treatment of wounds. They seem to know where to come for help and only ask to leave when they are better. Quite amazing creatures. With the service dog now we can't risk parasites from the donkeys so I just look them over on the verge and make sure they have water. Treat open wounds and leave them be after that. Very hard to see them go but the dog has to take first place.