Families of SOs Community Group

WE HAVE MOVED!!! ............................. ............................... ......................... ............................ ............................. .......................... ........................................................................................ ............................................................................................... .......................................HERE: http://support-for-families.boards.net ............. ................ ............... ................ ............................... ...........................................................................................................

0 Online
0 Online

Disney World Off Limits to Sex Offenders

Heads up to any folks here that might want to take your children or grandchildren to Disney World---sex offenders are not allowed.

I received this today in an email. I thought it might be nice to post this since
the vacations season is upon us.

Follow the link:

http://tinyurl.com/bqmfx7u

rewdiazepam

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I think any sex offender should probably steer clear of Florida entirely. Honestly, all people probably should.
Peekachu
Peekachu

Yeah, those big red signs were pretty sickening.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Remember SO laws are civil and not criminal. Being banned from public places are seeing as regulatory. As long as this interpretation of SO laws are seeing as such, Banned from malls, walmart are next on the lists.
faeryedark
faeryedark

Eh, they'll rethink that once it starts hitting their bottom line...and at the rate people are added to the registry...
faeryedark
faeryedark

I didn't know actually needed ID to enter the park?
jmjh2001
jmjh2001

My thought too....how do they know who is who at the front gate?? I know u can pay by cash ( i think its 90 some dollars now for any disney park)...
But ..again how do theu know??....curious...
DSmom12345
DSmom12345

They found out by doing checks on those with season passes. Anyone paying cash at the entrance could get in easy, I imagine.

Just like other articles, did you notice how many comments were on the side of SOs?
hurtingfamily
hurtingfamily

what else is new .we know what we cant do.what can we do?im tired of even probation officers not even having suggestions of what we are allowed to do or go .even with families . i believe al people should have rights .to work . live .and go where everyone else goes . but with someone that would be like an accountable person.long as you live normal and dont cause problems . people should be able to do as others in this world., families should be able to go anywhere long as they are together . i been to walt disney like 6 times growing up . it got boring after i became a teen ..but still was hoping someday me my hub and my son could go there for their first time .i guess its a no :( so what a re families allowed to do .sit home watch red box movies .and stay home ?im trying to buy a swing set for my son .since hub cant go to park. well have to make our own park ..if he cant be included in our son activities at public parks etc. i dont want to go to no public parks by myself or even with our son .we are family .families not to be seperated .
ThoughtAsWeak
ThoughtAsWeak

So sorry hurtingfamily. I know it's tough. I pray that this craziness will be found as unjust and the courts overturn these laws.
G4Change
G4Change

@ oneofthem: ROFLMFAO!!!!!!
nathanrabalais
nathanrabalais

hell doesn't brother me the chances of me going to disney world anytime in the future or any disney theme park is slim to none and good question how are they going to know whose a sex offender and whose not there about thousands and thousands of people who visit that park every day from all over the world and when you pay cash you can get in without a problem and do what ever you want and with them denying the sales to those who are pass holders because they are on the registry you will see a law suite against disney and you will see alot of people stop going it may not be a small impact but it will be an impact that will get some attention
nathanrabalais
nathanrabalais

reading some of the comments on the page and will say alot of them are very supportive of the offenders
Advocate2
Advocate2

Just another feel-good Tactic to make people happy. I hate that channel 9 in Orlando they are obsessed with SO,s. if They don't have a story that will find one about it At least once a week they have a story about it. Different issues but I'm telling you they Are obsessed. And they are the worst one Getting the information incorrect and sensationalizing it
nathanrabalais
nathanrabalais

true but i see alot of the so's are getting alot of positive comments and feed back which i like and disney is getting alot of backlash for this
fishnswim
fishnswim

So....Disney World was part of my honeymoon this August. It's 3/4 paid for. What do I do? Do I try to talk to an executive person and find out if we will be ok or do we cancel? If we cancel, that's 5 days of activities we would have to find to do or spend over $400 to change our flights..
CRAP!!!! This really sucks. I don't know what to do.