Families of SOs Community Group

WE HAVE MOVED!!! ............................. ............................... ......................... ............................ ............................. .......................... ........................................................................................ ............................................................................................... .......................................HERE: http://support-for-families.boards.net ............. ................ ............... ................ ............................... ...........................................................................................................

0 Online
  • peachsalad

I feel like I will never be ok again

I'm hope that people won't hate me here. The rest of the world does. My husband was convicted of raping a 15 year old girl. The incident happened years before we met, but resurfaced 4 years ago. The day my husband was arrested was the day my life ended. The legal fees were $200 000. I've endured a trial and an appeal. There was lots of media coverage. Now I'm just hiding under blanket wondering...
  • jlc78

Lots of Questions Regarding Marrying a SO

Hello All! This is my first post in here so please bear with me. I have a lot of questions and I am in Missouri. 1. My husband is a RSO, I am a teacher, can I be fired for this? My principal found out last year due to one of my "friends" calling and telling her. 2. Can this ex friend get in trouble for using the SOR to try and "bring me down"? As soon as she found out she started telling...
  • Buddysmine

Best state for a sex offender

My son is still in prison, but does want to return to Virginia.  I am researching and researching other states that we could move to before he is released to make his life easier.  Virginia has a life "sentence" on the registry as do many states and I understand he can petition to be removed after 15 years.   But I am at my wits' end to try to find some place suitable. And the laws are...
  • monpg1031

Similar situation

I am so happy to have found a support group, I am in a very similar situation with my fiancé, he has been out of prison for five years and this is his first probation violation, they came in arrested him, and basically tried scaring me off. He has been in jail since that night, and when we thought he was getting out, probation recommended 10 years, prosecution 3 months, he has such a clean...
  • ajwillow

Friend/Significant other of SO

I am good friends with a sex offender. I have not told anyone in my family or any friends outside of the ones that we are both friends with. I feel trapped when I have no one I can talk to about my personal struggles. I just want to know I'm not alone.
  • Smalls44

My husband is a SO

Got with my husband a year ago and I knew he was one.  Didn't bother me much at the time but now we've been together for a year,  Im haven second thoughts about being with him just bc he's still on probation and has 9 years left. Any thoughts how to help me through this.  
  • deleted_user

Best state/country for SO to live

My son is presently nearing the end of serving time for his conviction as SO. I would like to know if there is anyone of any place that could better inform me as to where a SO can live with the least amount of problems. We are open to leaving the lower 48 or even the country. Any ideas or suggestions?
  • Sunnyone

7 weeks in

Today is Thursday. 7 weeks ago the police came to arrest my husband and his big secret came out and ripped our life apart like an EF5 tornado. Thursday's now have become like a trigger day. Thursday's are always bad days. In exactly one week will be my husband's hearing. We have no idea what's going to happen, since he has no lawyer. And the not knowing is really eating at me right now.I have...
  • IvyDog

Any one travel to Costa Rica lately?

Either with a Sex offender or as one?My husband won a trip for later this year from his work. I'm off the registry but I understand that some countries (Canada) ban based on felony convictions alone. I read OnceFallens travel page which mentions at least one RSO not being allowed entry to Costa Rica. But I can't find anything else. I'm not prohibited for traveling by the US I'm just questioning...
  • BeautifullyBroken

The monster in their closet

For the first time, I am putting my experience into words. When I was 10 years old my niece (very close in age) admitted to my mother and I that my father was molesting her. My mother quickly shut her up and swept it under the rug and told me never to believe what she said because she liked to lie a lot. When I was 19 another niece (also close in age) confided to me in a game of truth or dare...
  • Rnkc101511

New to the group

Hey everyone! Just joined the group. Honestly I don't know what I am looking for outside of support. My husband is a sex offender. It's been 10 years since his offense. He was 23 and the girl was 17. We have 2 beauitful kids ages 1 and 3. My son starts preschool next year and I'm so nervous and overwhelped for my kids. We are constantly feeling like we habe to live in a bubble to keep our kids...
  • Sunnyone

Feeling alone

Today has been an up and down day. It's been 5 weeks and two days since my husband got arrested. Our kids were on spring break this week, and I couldn't do anything with them, since I had to work more hours. I'm grateful to have gotten more hours at work, but feel horrible not being able to spend as much time with the kids like they are used to. It's probably harder on me than on them.i feel like...
  • deleted_user

Families Of Sex Offenders - The Podcast

I just had an idea. How about a podcast? It will cover everything on the board and then-some. We'd have to have knowledge able people to run this. It can be run like a 20/20 but just everyday talk so it won't be so informal. What do you think? Expand?
  • deleted_user

Siblings of Prisoners - New!

All - for those of you like myself who has a brother incarcerated, I just started a new group to support each other as siblings and discuss anything related to our situation which differs from other relationships(son/daughter, wife/husband, etc.)
  • Mum2

My son

Before Christmas this year, my son was arrested for inticment of a minor with an electrical device and extortion.  His bail was set at $30000.  My ex-husband bailed him out and since I live in another state he went to live with him.  His bail was recently revoked (I was told too much of a liability) and he is in jail again.  His hearing is in two months.  I feel so awful because he wants me...