Encephalitis Support Group
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain, commonly caused by a viral infection. Sometimes, encephalitis can result from a bacterial infection, such as bacterial meningitis, or it may be a complication of other infectious diseases like rabies (viral) or syphilis (bacterial). Encephalities sufferers experience fever, headache, vomiting, confusion, drowsiness and...
deleted_user
At the age of 2 weeks old my daughter got HSV 2 Encephalitis, caused major brain damage and seizures, we almost lost her, she is now 6 months old and has so many medical problems because of it. I don't know how to handle all this, I fear for her future. She is only almost 11lbs at almost 6m old, she barely eats, she can't sit up, hold her head up, doesn't baby talk, has a hard time controlling her arms, has very high muscle tone and failure to thrive. I cry every day for my baby girl, I hurt for her, she seems to be a happy baby because she does smile A LOT but at the same time there is so much that she cant do and I am worried about her not being able to do things in the future. I dont have many people to talk to about this so I figured I would join a support group and talk to people here and get advice. Anything helps...
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
My little sister has the same thing your daughter does. She was 6 weeks old. She is now 16 and a ray of sunshine in our lives. The doctors said she would not survive to be a year. She did! They said she would not walk or talk, she does.
She does suffer from seizures. She is also very developmentally delayed. She is 16 but her brain is close to a 4-5 year olds.
What you are describing could be my sister at that age. We are 10 years apart, so I was very in tune to what was going on. She did not talk in full sentences until she was about 12 years old. She does know some sign language. Have of her brain is dead. She has been through so much. She is a very happy girl.
I will keep you and your precious baby in my thoughts. Please pm me. I can get you in touch with my mom!