Encephalitis Support Group
Encephalitis is an acute inflammation of the brain, commonly caused by a viral infection. Sometimes, encephalitis can result from a bacterial infection, such as bacterial meningitis, or it may be a complication of other infectious diseases like rabies (viral) or syphilis (bacterial). Encephalities sufferers experience fever, headache, vomiting, confusion, drowsiness and...
deleted_user
I wanted to introduce myself. I'm here to learn and find out info about encephalitis and its after effects.
I had it last month and I couldn't eat, drink, or do anything. I lost 13lbs in a week and my whole life went into the trash can. Right now I'm trying to get back to where I need to be, but I still can't work because I keep getting headaches and nausea while working so I end up in the ER.
My doctor is testing me for everything he can and I am getting referred to a neurologist tomorrow.
I'm a pre-med and nursing student so I tend to do alot of research before I talk to my doctor. Tomorrow I'm getting tested for diabetes incipidus which would mean my encephalitis caused damage to my hypothalamus, so my body isn't making enough of ADH, anti-diuretic hormone. Or so that's my theory because I drink tons of water and I can't retain any of it. If I get IV fluids I feel better. So we will see.
So that's my story, the short version anyways.
thanks for reading!
I had it last month and I couldn't eat, drink, or do anything. I lost 13lbs in a week and my whole life went into the trash can. Right now I'm trying to get back to where I need to be, but I still can't work because I keep getting headaches and nausea while working so I end up in the ER.
My doctor is testing me for everything he can and I am getting referred to a neurologist tomorrow.
I'm a pre-med and nursing student so I tend to do alot of research before I talk to my doctor. Tomorrow I'm getting tested for diabetes incipidus which would mean my encephalitis caused damage to my hypothalamus, so my body isn't making enough of ADH, anti-diuretic hormone. Or so that's my theory because I drink tons of water and I can't retain any of it. If I get IV fluids I feel better. So we will see.
So that's my story, the short version anyways.
thanks for reading!
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Sunny