COPD Singles Cafe Community Group

Having Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is hard to cope with, being single with COPD can be even harder to deal with! The purpose of this group is to reach out to single people with COPD. To provide a place where single people with COPD can come to talk, to share, to support, to relax, to meet people and make friends. So, come on in, grab a cup of coffee or tea, kick your shoes off, sit back, relax and enjoy!

0 Online
  • DavidG

Check it out!

My name is David Giordano, a rising senior at The University of North Carolina Wilmington. I am part of an interdisciplinary research team in the College of Health and Human Services here at UNCW. Part of our research includes gathering data on patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. In order to do this, we have created a survey.https://www.facebook.com/ManagingYourCOPD/?fref=ts
  • redbird62

Alaska

Anyone here live in Alaska? My plans have always been to travel Alaska.... but now with severe COPD am wondering has anyone from this group with severe COPD toured Alaska? If so, did you have health issues? Thanks and have a beautiful day,
  • Just wanting to connect with others that have COPD. Thanks.
  • deleted_user

Home made laundry detergent

http://youtu.be/0wbISLlfYdYI made this laundry detergent, I used "Dove" soap, which gave it a very lite sent. I love it, No stronge perfumes, No Dyies. It cleans our closes really good and its cheap to make.MarianBeblessed!
  • deleted_user

12 Energy Conservation Techniques

12 Energy Conservation Techniques 12 Tips for Conserving Energy With COPD By Deborah Leader, RN, About.com GuideUpdated September 17, 2011About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by the Medical Review BoardEnergy conservation techniques are important to learn if you have COPD because they help you better manage one of the most frightening aspects of the disease --...
  • deleted_user

stage one emphyseme any advise

I found out I have stage one.I suspected I have had it for 3 years.But do to other health problems I am not that active.So not a lot of coughing or shortness of breath until I decided too do some remodeling around the house.I caught a cold got worst turned into chest cold. go x ray just told a few days ago I have stage 1.I was told over the phone,and that was about it.so I am trying to get in...
  • deleted_user

Just because you may live alone, dose not mean you have to be lonely. If you have a computer with a camera, you can SKYPE you friends and family. Its like they are sitting right there with you. Try it!
  • Since being struck with emphysema, I've had problems with breathing when I've had a moderate to large meal. Sometimes it's pretty severe. With Thanksgiving in a few days, this problem advanced to the front of my list.Once after a restaurant meal with friends, I had a 20 mile drive home. My breathing was so bad that they called me several times until I arrived home, just to be sure I survived the...
  • It has been cold and windy this winter, cover up. We have had minus 39 all last week and this week it is also cold and 95 km winds. I have had the flu and now a cold. Montreal is freezing this year.
  • When Katie heard that her elderly grandfather had just passed away she went straight to her grandparents' house to visit her 95-year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather had died, her grandmother replied, "He had a heart attack while we were making love on Sunday morning."Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that two people nearly 100 years old having sex would...
  • deleted_user

England calling!

Hello to everyone who may be reading this. Really pleased to have found the D. S. community and especially sites like this. With the best efforts possible it's not always easy to feel part of the rest of the world. I guess we all have varying degrees of this COPD and try our best to do what we can with our limitations. Bit of a nightmare at times!I'm interested to hear how other single members...
  • jazzkeys

Anyone heard from Curt?

Curt has been on the COPD board for a while now, haven't had a message from him in a good month. Hope he's okay.
  • Words cannot express my sadness. Floyd has gone to a better place and we all loved him. His humor and character will never be forgotten. Sunday was the day around 5pm. I will miss his laughter and wonderful personality. God bless you Floyd.
  • jazzkeys

Hope everyone's fine

Summer is approaching here in Montreal and many other places. We are getting a few warm days and a few cool days, hard to know how to dress lately. I carry a scarf just in case, to throw around my neck and shoulders, yesterday it went from being hot in the morning to cold in the afternoon, with lots of wind, I was so glad to have it with me. I also wore a rubber raincoat which shielded me from...
  • deleted_user

New member here

Can I join, too? Can I? Can I, please?Widower here with 2 sons. Been involved in the COPD main forum board for at least a couple of years and am an administrator for the COPD Penalty Box forum board. I like good conversations and flirting with Terry--lol. I'm on the computer constantly so chat with me when you want to and I'll chat back--okay?