COPD & Emphysema Support Group

COPD is a progressive disease characterized by airflow obstruction or limitation. Emphysema is characterized by loss of elasticity of the lung tissue, destruction of structures supporting the alveoli and of capillaries feeding the alveoli. Both have symptoms that include shortness of breath, among other respiratory troubles. If you are a COPD or Emphysema sufferer, join the group and find support.

0 Online
  • jarca

So Sad

I've been a member of this group since 2012 when I realized I couldn't do this alone. I needed support from others going thru the same things; who could share their experience, good & bad days that we all have. We had journals to write in, could post pictures,send private messages and many 'perks' that were lost to us.In mid 2016 I quit coming when DS changed the format & seemed to have lost my...
  • gracenme

comfort

I miss the chance to vent and how others that were here would reply. Last few posts says things about doom and gloom and ect. Well it is awful not to be able to breathe. Being on oxygen and being by yourself in the world is not fun. I miss the friends I made here.I try to look at the bright side but it gets hard some days. This used to be such a wonderful place for people with copd, what a...
  • captstt

Lung Coil Procedure

As I was backing my car into my driveway after a beautiful late summer drive in the countryside of NH today, my PA (Physicians Assistant) from Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Boston was calling me. At first I was a bit apprehensive to answer it knowing that she's calling to let me know that I didn't qualify for the procedure. All of you are the first to know that I have been accepted for the...
  • DixieMyra

well it wasn't COPD

turns out I have Churg Strauss.......not sure if it's better or worse!! 
  • RjM

Wanna share a link.

https://www.caring.com/blogs/older-patients-wiser-care/end-stage-copd-opiate
  • Brodyelvis

Good- bye

I am also leaving this discussion for COPD and emphysema . It is enough to deal with on your own as it's a lot to deal with! The trouble breathing, the fatigue but you all know since we all have it in one stage or another!  That would be the time to come together .   I care about you all and hope the best for everyone !  But the bickering and talking down to people is not for me . I am sad...
  • RjM

Good luck to all.

I've done facebook, email groups, this site, etc. You know what? all it does is aggrivate. There is nothing like face to face or an old fashioned letter. I'm done. Finally got facebook canceled, sent my last email to a childhood friend on classmates, and letting you know I have nothing but the best wishes for you. I'm done. No more electronic stuff for me.The coldest and most unforgiving medium...
  • corgilover

What's the purpose

I had hoped, stumbling on this support group, that it would be a place of shared experiences, and suggested coping mechanisms. Sadly that is not what I am seeing. I don't know how doom and gloom and sarcasm contributes to the strength it takes to live well with this disease. Sad.
  • RjM

Time to crash.

To all my friends, those feeling nasty, wondering what the hell happened, those of us that feel a little misunderstood. Shit happens. We can only make the best of it. There is no other out.  My doc asked today what I'm gonna do for the holidays.Said I was skipping. No family or anything. Be most pleased to send a card though. Would like to know everyone better. Let's take care, Some are sicker...
  • RjM

Got it Betty

Thank you. I'll write you shortly. Gotta buy some paper :)
  • RjM

Been a rather interesting day

There's a guy I've become aquainted with who lives on the opposite end of the building. One bedroom, by himself, no vehicle etc. He asked me what I did all day in my cave. Know what. I had no answer. I don't do anything. Turn the tv on and I really couldn't tell you what's on. I just exist. Think it's time to change things. What, I don't know. Gotta be something.
  • Susieq331

Just diagnosed with COPD last week.

Hi. I just found this group and joined today. I have never smoked or been exposed a lot to secondhand smoke. I have had asthma for years. I just did a lung function test which was last Tuesday and it showed my lungs were only functioning at 37%. My doctor was shocked by the results. She said that's really bad and severe and I have COPD.  Since cigarette smoke is obviously not the cause and I...
  • RjM

How are you Betty

Where's my book. Lol. Finished or not, I want to read it Betty. By the way, has this crap been cured yet? Just a humor. I seriously hope you're ok. Looking forward to the chapters. If you can't finish, I'll take the notes. At least I'll know what a friend thought. Signed Bob. Texas born and raised and don't care what anyone thinks of that :) Do care about ya'll though. Especially Betty.
  • RjM

Get to see my pulminary guy tomorrow.

Couple months early. A cancellation. Gonna see about getting some help here. Probably another CAT. Hope we can do something. Much rather do an Alaskan cruise though. I'd rather just go out when a whale tail slaps my butt. :)
  • RjM

What the hell

Can't even spell what I want to say. I feel safe here. They want me to get rid of my dog. Because I couldn't walk her lately Im being told to get rid of her.. Guess what. They can kiss my bottom. I got rid of everything after my wife passed. There's nothin' here except the hated tv and this stupid thing I'm pounding on  The excuse is the carpet. lol. I had the landlord come in with a "floor" guy...