COPD & Emphysema Support Group

COPD is a progressive disease characterized by airflow obstruction or limitation. Emphysema is characterized by loss of elasticity of the lung tissue, destruction of structures supporting the alveoli and of capillaries feeding the alveoli. Both have symptoms that include shortness of breath, among other respiratory troubles. If you are a COPD or Emphysema sufferer, join the group and find support.

0 Online
  • chelle1622

NAC???

I joined on behalf of my mom.  She is in the hospital at the moment.  Has anyone tried NAC and if so, has there been any success with using it?
  • cakeeater54

Exacerbation and CHF

I was hospitalized for the second time in two years with an emphysema exacerbation. They said I had fluid in my lungs and gave me heavyduty Torsemide which kept me passing urine frequently. I have three doctors -- pulmonary, cardiology, and GP -- and not one of them has ever told me I had Congestive Heart Failure that could cause exacerbation or what I could do to deal with it. I was told I...
  • proudDad

New Oxygen tube reel

Friends...wanted to make everyone aware of a new device for managing oxygen tubing. I know this affects a lot of folks on here, so I hope this helps. The website is www.oxytubecontrolbags.com and they have a coule of videos demonstrating the product. It costs $99, so it's not too bad. If anyone has used this, please post and let us know if it's a good product. Thanks!
  • Bettyrunge

House time

Well,hell. Nothing from nobody.I had a really nice note from a Pat Lewis, but she never replied to my reply-- have now spent ten months in the house and am sure have lost what feeble mind I once had. Spent the winter in the house because I have emphysema and had double pneumonia three times in last five years so am terrified of flu.Then when flu season was over and I was looking forward to...
  • reez

IIm new and looking for advise...

I had the filthy job of a professioal house painter for 40 year.  I was into dry wall dust, molds, pesticides, wallpaper vynal fumes...and I smoked.  Now Im paying the price, but I guess was in denial.  Ive tried a few, quite a few inhalers over the years for bad days like when people were cutting grass or spraying chemicals on their lawns, or someone was having a bon fire near by and never...
  • Vikinvictusi

Let me introduce myself....

Hi my name is Victoria, have endstage CIPD/Emphysema. I'm a single mother of 2 daughters and they are my soul. Celebrating my 5029th bday on Sat. Just trying to find some peace of mind, some understanding and acceptance. I've started isolating out of not accepting situation etc. I have so much life left in me....not ready to Sat I'm done...I'm just not done. Anyhoo, I hope to meet some humans...
  • oldretiredguy

question

Hi everyone, have had emphysema for about 9 years now still mild to moderate, had a rough patch last april after minor foot surgery, would up in Hospital for 7 days for pnuemonia. lately I have been getting sharp stabbing pains in the vicinity of the heart, its not my heart have had every test known to man to rule out heart problems, pain can be sharp or burning anyone have any siniliar issues,...
  • DixieMyra

Freaking out!!!

This might not be the group for me .......having my pre-op in 4 days :( lung biopsy  on the 24th!! so not sure what I have yet
  • deleted_user

Does moderate COPD always become severe?

My COPD has gone from mild to moderate stage over a two year period. I do not smoke but did years ago. I am now widowed and no longer around second hand smoke either - also has been years.My cardiologist seems to think that we can keep the COPD from progressing further. He also wants me to us Advair which never seemed to help in the past and any kind of steroids make my blood pressure and...
  • Rogersbaby

COPD

Hello, I just joined this group due to my problem with COPD I was hoping to meet people that are going through the same problem that I have or maybe been there. I just need someone to talk to that can understand!
  • apollo

COPD and travel

How do I travel  by car on along trip(10 hours) by car with oxygen use of 4 lpm continous flow?
  • Dave-Burris

lets talk about it

I am determined to get my health back, ( I am sick of being sick !!)I had gotten so bad that I was out of breath just standing up.So I decided to pull the plug, I had lost all hope ever getting better and did not want to continue living,So i told my son what my intentions were, and after a 3 hr conversationhe talked me into trying again to get my health back. He is very much into health and...
  • missbehav

copd

I am only 46 and my doc says i have copd
  • SoftFlower

GOLFING WITH COPD (PULMONARY DISEASE)

As if playing golf isnt tough enough, imagine playing when you cant breathe that well. Thats what people with COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease must face, but that shouldnt deter their love for the game. COPD, according to the Mayo Clinic, is the overall term for a group of chronic lung conditions that obstruct the airways in your lungs. The two most common are chronic bronchitis and...
  • deleted_user

COPD and NAC supplements

While it is true I fired my lung Doctor and do not get my lungs tested; that does not mean I sit around and do nothing. I research chemicals and herbal products that seem to benefit the lungs in general. One health food additive I discovered early on was a daily suppliment called NAC in the health for stores. I have taken it everydayfor almost six years now. Plus I exercise alot and eat healthy...