COPD & Emphysema Support Group

COPD is a progressive disease characterized by airflow obstruction or limitation. Emphysema is characterized by loss of elasticity of the lung tissue, destruction of structures supporting the alveoli and of capillaries feeding the alveoli. Both have symptoms that include shortness of breath, among other respiratory troubles. If you are a COPD or Emphysema sufferer, join the group and find support.

1 Online
  • Bettyrunge

Just leave

Well, no one ever answer a my posts or pays any attention to my replies, so I guess I don't fit in or something. Goodbye.
  • Brodyelvis

Brodyelvis

Hi everyone, my name is Barbara.  I have just been diagnosed with COPD and emphysema . I am currently  going through all the tests. I am trying very hard to stay optimistic but I will admit I am a little scared. So I hope I can make friends here to help me and for me to help if I am needed.  Have a wonderful day !!
  • RjM

Dont listen to the bull.

All this talk about "herbal" cures is bullshit.God help'em if they actually get this crap. Litlte Miss sunshine....funny.
  • RjM

Hello

I'm Bob, 59 soon to be 100, and have been fighting this stuff since the days of primatene mist. Always thought it was ashma, or however it's spelled. Fact is, there's little lung left. 43 years of smoking have kicked my bottom. There's nothing can be done and I'm tired as hell. Most aggravating thing I find is those that don't, don't know. All I can think is of the old epitaph. "I was as you are"...
  • Kattwildz

Frustrated with Fiance's Condition

My fiancé and I have been engaged since 2012....yes, long engagement. He lives in Pennsylvania and I live here in Washington State. After flying back and forth for years, he is moving here so we can finally begin our lives together. The problem is, he has COPD and emphysema. I have been aware of his diagnosis, but was willing to stick with him because I love him. I asked him to please quit...
  • deleted_user

Does moderate COPD always become severe?

My COPD has gone from mild to moderate stage over a two year period. I do not smoke but did years ago. I am now widowed and no longer around second hand smoke either - also has been years.My cardiologist seems to think that we can keep the COPD from progressing further. He also wants me to us Advair which never seemed to help in the past and any kind of steroids make my blood pressure and...
  • Bettyrunge

Book

Daughter took my ,"Manuscript", from laptop on thumb thing and had UPS print it. Can't believe it-- it looks and reads like a real book.Much yet to write, still several chapters short, but I LIKE it and after all, I am the critic who counts !! So, Bob, where are you ? Not sick, I hope, wild fires out and A/C working again ?? I sent you an Email--first I have ever sent -- but got only ads from...
  • marie21

My acceptance of copf

ifinally accepted the diagnosis.  I had Severe flare-up for the first time yesterday.  I can't sleep.   I'm 63 vibrant woman.  But it seems the COPD caught up to me and has moved into my life.    I'm frightened.   Sad.  
  • torianne

Lots of changes in my life

where in the world has the old daily strength gone?  This feels and looks totally different.  True its been a long time since I was an active member, but where are my friends? I hope to get some emotional support (and to give some, too) from this site, so I will try it for awhile.  Is there anyone on here from the 'old group"?I have just been given an idea of how long I can expect to live--I...
  • Bettyrunge

Talk

Somebody TALK to me. Please ?? 
  • Bettyrunge

Ok

Yes, I am ok. I am just a whiney wimp. I am 88 gawd awful years old, can't walk, eat or breathe, but I'm still much better off than most who write in here. Live with daughter in her beautiful home and she is great, very very good to me and I can pay my pay so don't have to feel like poor relation.Am so grateful for that.But this is a big house, sits on acreage, very secluded and quiet, and she is...
  • Bettyrunge

Computers

Couldn't log in.Computer said invalid email address. So tried to open new account. Computer said email address already in use. Sometimes I get the feeling everything is impossible.
  • dollaraudit

Depression increasing as enjoyable activity down

I have had emphysema for close to 10 years now; slowly increasing in severity until I can go nowhere without oxygen.  The past 15 months were really an absolute h....  I not only had this to deal with but had 7 kidney stone surgeries, 3 bouts of in-hospital pneumonia - oddly enough the doctors did not think they were caused by the emphysema but by something called Zenkers Diverticulum which is...
  • jarca

DS/COPD for support????

I was a member of DS/COPD site for several years. It was a wonderful and active site where i met others dealing with COPD. This was an active site, with many contributing insite, information & how they dealt with the ups and downs of daily life with COPD in various stages.When DS changed the format that all changed and I went in search of a new support group that fit my needs. I found one that i...
  • Bettyrunge

More birds.

We had a house when who built a nest in one of our flower pots on the front porch. She worked so hard and built a real engineering marvel.Then she sat for two weeks , laid three eggs, sat for another two weeks and hatched three babies. This morning, two other birds came, destroyed her nest and killed her babies. I am so blue, can hardly stand it. She worked so hard and was such a good mother. It...