COPD & Emphysema Support Group

COPD is a progressive disease characterized by airflow obstruction or limitation. Emphysema is characterized by loss of elasticity of the lung tissue, destruction of structures supporting the alveoli and of capillaries feeding the alveoli. Both have symptoms that include shortness of breath, among other respiratory troubles. If you are a COPD or Emphysema sufferer, join the group and find support.

0 Online
  • silfoxx2002

MALE BLADDER INCONTINENCE

Hey guys, especially those of you who read BJ's post about Female Incontinence. If you're almost as old as dirt, like me, you probably have BPH (enlarged prostate gland). If you have BPH it's time to man up and talk about it! If the ladies can talk about it, then so can we guys. The leakage, which can be embarrassing at times, bothers me the most when I'm hacking away trying to raise the...
  • lindainoz

Exercise and Diet.

I have just found and joined this COPD group. I live in outback Queensland, Australia and I want to thank your wonderfully informative group. I was Googling "Cause of increased sense of smell" as I find a lot of products that never used to worry me are now a problem, especially some perfumes worn by women in supermarkets and came across your site.I was given 18 months to live six years ago and...
  • gracenme

keep losing friends

Well Idozy has passed away a few days ago. She started the penalty box, which was so entertaining untill DS changed. So many are passing , so sad. All with copd.
  • Storm46

Copd

im new here and I have cold it was moderate a few years ago I don't know what it is now and I quit smoking yesterday
  • DottieJean

Wheezing

Good Morning!  Could anyone tell me why I don't wheeze lying down but only when I am upright?  Also I am So tired all the time I could sleep all day.  Anyone have any ideas for that?  I hope you are all having a good day.Dotty
  • My 82 year old Mom has been fighting COPD for years. Her heart is enlarged, she has kidney issues, her lungs are pretty shot, and her doc told her to put together her "bucket list". A month later, she's relegated to the couch and her wheelchair. While lying, her legs are red and swollen and when she does put them down on the ground, they become even bigger. She's unable to wear her supportive...
  • Community LeaderWanderingVet

Introduction

70 y/0 male.  Pack a day smoker for 50+ years.  Recently diagnosed with 'early signs' of emphysema. Lately it has become apparent my lung capacity/function is compromised.  Cannot take a FULL breath.Doing research and making Doctor appointments immediatly (soon as I can get 'em).  I am SURE smoking cessation is in my near future.  That will be the first BIG challenge.  I have made INTENSE...
  • LilEllie

Shirley James nee: KyleesNan

Shirley passed away on Novemeber6 at home in the care of Hospice. She had the transplant and did it well until she  just couldn't anymore. God bless her and love to family.  Anna Boyer 
  • LilEllie

Sally (blueirisnw) inquiry

Has anyone heard how Sally is doing after her surgery on Monday. She has been on my mind most of the time and should anyone find out anything would you please put it on this board.Thank you and good breathing to all,Anna
  • deleted_user

issues with "buy pharma.com" ?

Been order'n meds from them with no issues till tonite... I placed an order and received a comfirmation via e-mail but then another e-mail saying that they were have problems with credit card processing and to TRY again in two weeks and that they canceled my order. I called my credit card and they said that nothing was charged etc...So.... Just wondering if any one else is having this problem...
  • beachlover5008

new here

I just signed up here. I have COPD. I dont know what stage, but my guess is that it is end stage. I was diagnosed  just a few years ago. I am on oxygen all the time and get very winded with almost no exertion. My heart rate goes crazy too. I  make a constant whistle/wheezing sound. The only that seems to help is when I am sitting quietly and not even moving my head . My pulmonary doc said it...
  • Dave-Burris

lets talk about it

I am determined to get my health back, ( I am sick of being sick !!)I had gotten so bad that I was out of breath just standing up.So I decided to pull the plug, I had lost all hope ever getting better and did not want to continue living,So i told my son what my intentions were, and after a 3 hr conversationhe talked me into trying again to get my health back. He is very much into health and...
  • Shellsbells47

Paint Fumes

With spring on the way (I hope) my redecorating juices are flowing. I would love to spruce up our bedroom with a fresh coat of paint but I don't want to irritate my husband's lungs. I'm the one who would be doing the painting but even with windows open I know the fumes/smell can linger for several days. I've seen "no smell" paint advertised but have any of you ever used or been exposed to any of...
  • Docmend777777

Trouble swallowing pills

I have a friend of mine that has copd and Emphysema and is now having issues swallowing all size of pills.  My wife has copd and has a simular issue but not as severe.  Any suggestions?doc
  • hello I haven't been here in a very long time!  I use to be here everyday but when friends started to pass I just couldn't be here.  Im sorry for not coming back.