Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

0 Online

This is a sad board...

This Board is so sad...there has not been a new thread since February and no new comments since Mar 3rd, then Feb.28.  Its like the whole Board is just dieing....

Very very sad....

Replies

annettearizona
annettearizona

me here-wave wave
sptrout
sptrout

I am still stopping by most days. Really sad how this Board (and most of the others Boards on DS that I am affiliated with) have all died since the system modifications. I really do not understand why DS' reconfiguration should have driven everyone away, but it apparently did.
AnnNY
AnnNY

I do stop by, but I've been sickly this winter. Mostly viruses, colds, bronchitis. Won't let up. Makes it hard to contribute much.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

I'm guilty too, my RA and other 8 million crappy body parts are being particularly contankerous, and I find myself not having been online for days at a time.

I guess I'm just confused like Sptrout, yes there were bugs, yes there was a bit of a learning curve, but it wasn't rocket science and i've not had any problems with the site in forever. I hate that so many seemed to have given up.

But thanks all you guys for being around, y'all are all super people!!!

kat
irocket
irocket

Did I hear rocket?! ha. Haven't been in here forever and don't want to see the room that brought me such comfort sooooo many years ago to fade away, I'll try to pop in from time to time. A big hello and adios from me :)
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

Hey Rocketgirl, was wondering if you'd flown off into the blue. Good to see you, hope your doing well.

kat
irocket
irocket

Good to see you too, hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Also good to see you're not giving up here......Toni
Ghostdancer
Ghostdancer

Well I sure feel like the new kid on the block. Wondering when I arrived but as per usual late. I do have standards to keep I can't help it if they are low standards by even the most generous measurement. Anyway my pain won't leave me wondering which side I'm on thankfully. Pain aside I'll try to enjoy my time that I'm here as well as my other support groups, great people is my estimation of this support group.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

Ghostdancer your completely welcome here. Many of us started this group around the same time in 2008/2009, and it was a very active very supportive group. Unfortunately, Daily Strength revamped the website a few months ago, and many people have left due to complications with the Board and just plain aggravation in having constant problems with the Site. Chronic Pain and aggravation do not mix.

The website has gotten most of the kinks worked through and i've not heard anyone mention a problem in quite a while.

And new people are just as welcome here as the older members.
YvetteK
YvetteK

This is such a valuable board. It's a shame the revamp took so many away. I come on here quite often, and you're right. It's just so....quiet. I'm just now starting to see one of the groups I belong to start to regain members, so maybe the same will slowly start to happen in here.
mystrength
mystrength

I've spent so much time just reading posts and not contributing to the group. It is as Yvette said, such a valuable board. I hope I can contribute to the conversation and offer something of value every now and then.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

Hey YvetteK nice to see you around!!

@mystrength: please do share, contribute, stalk us,lol, it will all be welcomed. And just a sidenote, Posts don't always have to be about bad days, more pain, etc.

We used to post jokes and makeup word games, that kind of stuff.
Sly
Sly

Yeah, I hear ha about the sight. I didn'the have any problems learning to navigate the new sight. I guess it is because some people don't like change. I am fine with the new or old format. It is sad how slow this board has become. I'mean here from time to time now due to inactivity.
Tracy
Tracy

Hello. I haven't been on in a while. I am still sick with some sort of crud. Coughing and coughing and hacking. Found out I have strep too. Took a Zpack & that didn't kick it so I started amoxicillian on Saturday. Feeling better today.
My husband has been using up our data allowance trying to find work. He is starting a new subcontracting job do I hope it works out.
I have sent hugs to some of you but never heard back. I hope I haven't offended anyone in any way.
A few weeks ago
I did try to leave a detailed reply to a post, I typed for almost an hour on the tiny keyboard on my phone only to have DS not let me send it. I pressed send & it did nothing, more than once. It would not post at all. I was quite frustrated & angry. Maybe that is one reason I & others have given up.
OlderCPer, how about those get to know you questions? I'm still willing to help.
Hope you all are OK.
Take care.
OlderCPer
OlderCPer

Hey girl, sorry I've not been around much either. Had bronchitis last week that went to pneumonia, and I was in bed for about 7 days. Made it back to the office today for a few hours, and was able to get my hands in the garden yesterday for about 30 min. but that was the extent of my energy level.

Sorry your still not feeling well, some of these bugs just don't like to go away! I hope hubby's new job works out, keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers as always. Girl I can't imagine you offending anyone, they'd have to be very touchy. lol Hang in there and get well. I'll try to message you in a couple days with some gamey suggestions, have to get my brain into work mode.

take care!!!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • SensitiveHoboLady

When it rains, it pours....

literally.i came home from work late tonight to a terrible stench in my garden unit apartment.  I have basement seepage all over the carpeted living room from the rain.....my first question when I looked at the apartment was: HAS THE BASEMENT HAD FLOODING PROBLEMS?and was told no, never.i need some things to turn around very soon.  This is just ridiculous.
  • dyinginside35

Why

Why do i subject myself to pain? Why cant i help myself its not normal to be miserable.  I have my dad stressing me out, my selfish ass of a stepfather,  i dont know what i want. I don't know how to invest myself.