Bisexuality Support Group
Bisexuality is a sexual orientation which refers to the aesthetic, romantic, and/or sexual attraction of individuals to other individuals of both their own and the opposite gender or sex. Most bisexuals are not equally attracted to men and women, and may even shift between states of finding either sex exclusively attractive over the course of time.
Manito
Love confuses me.
Is the only reason I've never had a boyfriend really that I just haven't found someone that's right? That I'm so insecure? That's what I used to think. But now I'm not so sure.
I am bisexual.
I think I've always known that on som level, but my plan was so clear: Husband, marriage, kids.
I'm lucky, because this isn't really a problem for me. But yet I struggle with it, sometimes I think I'm acutally gay but I figure that if I was I'd know that. Right? I know I am lucky because I know my family will be accepting, my brother is homosexual. My parents' biggest concern will be that maybe yet another child won't give them grandchildren. But it's my life, I can't live with a man just because my parents want more grandchildren.
I'm lucky. I accept my sexual orientation and it's not a conflict to me personally. But yet it scares me. I feel like I don't know what I'm getting myself into if I let it go public. I feel like I'd let my parents down if I chose to live with another woman. I told my mom I'm bisexual, she shrugged it off like I had just told her I got a new favorite ice cream. She didn't as much as acknowledge what I had just told her. She thinks I am just confused, I can feel it. She ignores what she doesn't like, I do the exact same thing and I got it from her.
I'm bisexual. How can that be the most natural and normal thing in the world to me, but yet so big and important? It really hurt when she didn't acknowledge me. Sometimes it makes me think that maybe she's right, maybe it is a phase, maybe I'm just confused. It would be so much easier.
I don't know why I'm writing this or why I am about to even post this rant. I am just.. struggling. And I'm not even sure with what. It's my life. But it's like I'm afraid to not go with the original plan. I can see myself with a man. It may happen. But I'm more drawn to women than men.
One moment I'm uncertain I am able to love, next I'm certain I am in love in this very moment, with a woman. I've never really been as interested in guys. Looking back I've been in love once before, that time it was another woman too. But the thought that I was anything but hetero didn't exist in my universe back then, so I shrugged it off.
I am bisexual. Those words scare me, but they're so deliberating. So freeing.
Sorry for this pointless post. I just needed to get it down on "paper" and not just for my own eyes, I needed to share it.
take care folks
Is the only reason I've never had a boyfriend really that I just haven't found someone that's right? That I'm so insecure? That's what I used to think. But now I'm not so sure.
I am bisexual.
I think I've always known that on som level, but my plan was so clear: Husband, marriage, kids.
I'm lucky, because this isn't really a problem for me. But yet I struggle with it, sometimes I think I'm acutally gay but I figure that if I was I'd know that. Right? I know I am lucky because I know my family will be accepting, my brother is homosexual. My parents' biggest concern will be that maybe yet another child won't give them grandchildren. But it's my life, I can't live with a man just because my parents want more grandchildren.
I'm lucky. I accept my sexual orientation and it's not a conflict to me personally. But yet it scares me. I feel like I don't know what I'm getting myself into if I let it go public. I feel like I'd let my parents down if I chose to live with another woman. I told my mom I'm bisexual, she shrugged it off like I had just told her I got a new favorite ice cream. She didn't as much as acknowledge what I had just told her. She thinks I am just confused, I can feel it. She ignores what she doesn't like, I do the exact same thing and I got it from her.
I'm bisexual. How can that be the most natural and normal thing in the world to me, but yet so big and important? It really hurt when she didn't acknowledge me. Sometimes it makes me think that maybe she's right, maybe it is a phase, maybe I'm just confused. It would be so much easier.
I don't know why I'm writing this or why I am about to even post this rant. I am just.. struggling. And I'm not even sure with what. It's my life. But it's like I'm afraid to not go with the original plan. I can see myself with a man. It may happen. But I'm more drawn to women than men.
One moment I'm uncertain I am able to love, next I'm certain I am in love in this very moment, with a woman. I've never really been as interested in guys. Looking back I've been in love once before, that time it was another woman too. But the thought that I was anything but hetero didn't exist in my universe back then, so I shrugged it off.
I am bisexual. Those words scare me, but they're so deliberating. So freeing.
Sorry for this pointless post. I just needed to get it down on "paper" and not just for my own eyes, I needed to share it.
take care folks
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
I really like one line that you wrote " How can that be the most natural and normal thing in the world to me, but yet so big and important?" This isn't the only time in your life you'll wonder this, trust me. Each and every time, you will get years later down the road, and look back and wonder why it was such a big deal. Those years later, you will shake your head and laugh about how big a deal it was at the time.
There is no need to rush into a decision about a label right now, I came out gay, then decided I was Bi-, dated a few more guys, and now I've been married for 17 years, with three kids. So you see labels are pointless, and will probably change more than once during your life. Just live your life, fall in love with who you fall in love with no matter who or what they are. Then love them as much as you can, if it ends, it ends, mourn, pick up, move on and to the next person, whoever, and whatever they are. Eventually you will find the right person, and when you do you will realize you never really loved any of the others. So don't let someone elses opinion drag down your attitude about yourself, you've got the right idea when you said it's your life, you have to live it for you.
Yeah I'm trying to not worry, but it's not that easy. I hope you're right, that one day in a not too far future this is just a small thing. I already know don't fully understand why it's suddenly so important to me. It's not like it's news to me that I like both women and men, i just never really put it in words before. Never labeled it. But as I'm starting to see options to the "original" plan, the one i always thought I'd follow with a husband and kids etc I guess it got more important. Somehow i feel i have to choose now, although I know I don't.
Labels aren't important I guess but it's like I told my mom because I didn't want her to be shocked if I one day introduce her to my girlfriend, rather than boyfriend. And it does bug me that it's so obvious to them that I'll sometday find a man to share my life with. It may just as well be a woman. My interest in other women is not something that's just passing through, it's always been there whether I've acknowledge it or not.
I like that "Just live your life, fall in love with who you fall in love with no matter who or what they are". That's how I want it to be, what happens happens so I don't know why I'm all of a sudden making a big deal out of my bisexuality. Maybe because there's now another woman in my life and I realize that one day I may need to deal with the world's reactions to a same sex relationship, not just in relation to someone else, but to me.
I do realize I may be making something simple, complicated. Again thank you for your reply. It should be as simple as what you said, that one day you find the one, which gender that person is doesn't really matter. That's how the world should be and at least lucky to live in a country where same sex relationship, marriage and adoption is legal. thanks