Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
HannaHana
Sorry for the length of this topic. My sister, BP II, seems to be being defiant. It seems that any time myself or our mother try to talk sense to her, she takes it as a challenge. Her only goal seems to be to prove us wrong and to do what she wants to do.
She was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago for 8 days, and after she was released she stopped taking her meds. She is about to make, what I think, is the biggest mistake of her life. After dating someone online for about 2 1/2 months, they decided to move in together.
I'm not going to judge how people meet and all that....but, my sister is a fair person. She would be expected to split house chores and bills. As it should be. From what I hear, he treats her like crap, doesn't contribute AT ALL to her household, and is trying to haggle his way out of paying half the rent b/c he is only 1 out of 3 people....and that 3rd person isn't HIS son.
That's not even half of it....I won't take up any more time though. Is it me? Or is he the epitome of douchebag? What can I say to my sister to get her to actually use her brain?
She was hospitalized a couple of weeks ago for 8 days, and after she was released she stopped taking her meds. She is about to make, what I think, is the biggest mistake of her life. After dating someone online for about 2 1/2 months, they decided to move in together.
I'm not going to judge how people meet and all that....but, my sister is a fair person. She would be expected to split house chores and bills. As it should be. From what I hear, he treats her like crap, doesn't contribute AT ALL to her household, and is trying to haggle his way out of paying half the rent b/c he is only 1 out of 3 people....and that 3rd person isn't HIS son.
That's not even half of it....I won't take up any more time though. Is it me? Or is he the epitome of douchebag? What can I say to my sister to get her to actually use her brain?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
I have a possible new diagnosis to discuss with my therapist tomorrow. It might be the answer to a question that I have had since I was 19. It's called Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria (RSD). It happens to a large percentage of people with ADHD, which I have. Actually, I have been watching videos about ADD/ADHD lately. I remember my Mom telling me that she watched a show on ADD and she...
-
Hello- I am new to the group
Just try and be there for her, be supportive, but do not trash the new BF...it may back fire on you
Good luck
She's taken things to a new level....one where she expects everyone to do anything she wants them to, and she doesn't care what anyone else opinion is about it. I don't know why she stopped her meds. Big mistake, in my eyes. She seems proud that she's unmedicated....even if she is making some of the biggest mistakes of her life b/c of it.
I'll do my best to just keep my distance, b/c she doesn't agree with anything I say, and she doesn't respect anything I have to say anyway. My main concern is my nephew.
Try saying, "I believe in you."