Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

3 Online
3 Online
  • I have been suffering from bipolar disorder for many years now. It seems I go through depression more often than I used to. Nearly any kind of stressful experience can put me into depression.I don't think it is a problem with my medication though. Nearly my whole life is I have experienced traumatic episodes and large amounts of stress.I don't experience joy or happiness like I used too. I...
  • I normally hate medications, and everyone encourages me to take the natural way for dealing with a lot of things. I'm so fusterated because this is not one of those things I can fix without any help. And my primary care doc took me off my anxiety pill because it wasn't helping much. Then my pdoc didn't want to change too much at once so she didn't prescribe me something else. I've been an anxious...
  • chris38

Tired of being bipolar

Only my family and one friend know I am bipolar,,alot of friends I have make jokes about bipolar people and I just sit there like what the fuck..Nobody understands what we go through. Our dr's and counselors cant even relate imo. I have been on disability the past couple years and going to start working 1 day a week..My old job is taking me back they know something is wrong with me but they dont...
  • sepi

OT- I need your opinion

My dad is in hospice but at home. My mom is a really badly codependent woman and has been a weakling all her life. Anyhow, thought I'll give a little background. My dad has not been told that he is in hospice, but he is very ill and unable to walk, eat, and barely talk. He knows the doctor's have told him there is no treatment, but is either in denial or he really doesn't know. He asks why have...
  • mlr0853

feeling more positive

When I was last in hospital, one of the caretakers said "move a muscle and change a thought' and in my last week DBT therapy group a gal asked me 'are you being too soft on yourself'? And I think I am, so easy for me to be hard on myself, become overwhelmed and do nothing...feeling anxiety and *hitty. So for this week I've asked myself are you being 'soft or hard' and have found myself saying,...
  • This is my response to another post somewhere else. I did sort of imply that people must be medicated which I do not totally agree with so don't get upset with me for that. This was in response to someone who in a nutshell thought there was no such thing as a chemical imbalance. ******************************************************************************************If we do take this ( mental...
  • MSPoet

Bipolar disorder stigma

So there's a general stigma associated with mental illness in popular culture, and even moreso (I think) regarding schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. I have bipolar disorder, and it runs in my family...Have you guys been hearing, in the media and/or in your personal and day-to-day dealings, people casually referring to other people or things as "bipolar"? Like the weather is hot and dry...
  • kisses2016

Excessive sleeping

i haven't had to be up early for work in weeks. But I still go to bed at eight every night. Ideally I could stay up later and still get plenty of sleep at night but I just want to sleep. Out of boredom but also because I'm depressed and I just want to sleep. Last night I was up till 1:30 because I couldn't fall asleep. And I don't want it to change. I wish I could sleep more actually. But I think...
  • bipolarkrazy

Tired

I am so tired physically, emotionally, mentally. I am 110% burnt out. Work is busy and we are extremely short staffed and on top of that I am start school back up in about a week.
  • romehadey1123

My bipolar

i found out I was bipolar when I was in 8th grade now I am in 11th. Does anyone else feel dumber when on the medication? Cuz I do, I took something to counteract the medication and I feel smart, like I usually feel without medication.
  • Many months ago I posted about my mom and what a pain she was, a true narcissist. She made my life very difficult.Well, someone replied and turned me on to DONM - Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers.IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! Now I see that it wasn't me that was whacked...it was her. The sense of relief I have is indescribable.So thank you kind person, for letting me know this group exists!!!
  • theatre and I are there already. I'm having a very berry tea with crackers, cheese and cherry tomatoes and she's having a joint with some beer and we're both on really comfy recliners on thick pile carpet. we need some help with the decor if anyone is around??
  • im an occasional smoker. I hide it from my family. I sneak one here and there. Sometimes I just feel like I need one I've cut back immensely though Do you have a guilty pleasure :)
  • Breona1996

Drinking...

I got drunk for the first time last weekend. It felt really good. I was with a lot of people I trust so I just decided it would be okay to do it, now I want more. I guess I should've known that with my addictive personality that this would happen. It was the first time I found an alcohol that I like. And now I don't know what to do, with the cutting, the pills, and now I could possibly get...
  • Jenniferswe

Freaking out part 2

Because of the fight, my son's grandma stayed in her room all day. She avoiding me. I went and checked on her a little while ago to make sure she is all right.She is still mad at me. She thinks I hate her. I told I don't and that I was just angry. She was was watching a show so she didn't want to talk at that time. I ask if I could come back later. She said she would think about.She said...