Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

2 Online
2 Online
  • theatre and I are there already. I'm having a very berry tea with crackers, cheese and cherry tomatoes and she's having a joint with some beer and we're both on really comfy recliners on thick pile carpet. we need some help with the decor if anyone is around??
  • Lately all I can think about it using... my body feels like it needs something... oxy maybe, idk! I'd do anything at this point.. something ot take the edge off.. something to numb me, just for a minute. To take the flashbacks away.. anything...
  • starfish

WTF??????

Where the h-e-double toothpicks am I???? OMG!!!! DS has been forever changed. And I don't like it at all. Humph.
  • My ex is bipolar, he was diagnosed in 2009, we divorced earlier this year, in part because he wasn't taking good care of his mental health which caused a lot of issues between us. We are very close and trying to reconcile but I found out today he has ordered a mushroom growing kit. This would be for shrooms that you use to induce a "trip"! In addition he has started smoking marijuana. He takes...
  • kisses2016

Feeling better today?

I went to bed last night thinking about taking those pills. I've been thinking about it since Tuesday. But today I woke up thinking maybe I don't want to do that. I don't know what changed. Maybe I will still do it. Maybe I won't. Today I see a counselor so who knows what I will talk through with her. All I know is my mood is lighter today. Just thought I'd update y'all.
  • Hello Everyone!I thought it would make for a good post to list out your fave self-care activities which you like to do regularly, whether it be exercise, socializing, writing, art, sports, games, etc.For me, I enjoy dance (I'm no dancer but I like to just dance in a casual sort of a manner to the radio), singing, spending time with family, and writing.
  • rubyblue

Roll call 18/7

The stats say membership has gone back up. I don't think the powers that be have gotten round to sorting out hugs and messaging to people not on friends list which is a shame So hands up who is here? And if you like say a little bit about yourself so we can get to know each other a little better. As many of us don't accept friend requests from people we don't know, maybe here we can get to know...
  • I am currently taking a low dose of Abilify. I recently finalized a switch over from my Healthcare Market place health insurance to Medicaid. They will not cover Abilify for my RX. What do you think is close to Abilify that Medicaid in Illinois would cover on my health insurance? Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with a subsituation for Abilify?
  • Had to make a new account as cant get into my old one, i was tirian. Havent been on for quite sometime. Really need some advice of the sexual nature...a little concerned about some preferences a new guy may have
  • first of let me say I'm not perfect at all in this relationship I'm in. however almost everyday my boyfriend calls me a bitch. "your a bitch" "bitch your crazy" "yous a dumb bitch" "what's up biotch" after I got back from the gym he said 'yous a sweaty bitch' I told him more times than I count to stop calling me a bitch. I got him to stop calling me a cunt. He says he's just joking. Then he says...
  • Hello everyone,What is your favorite fitness activity / way to exercise? I think working out is a great way to increase energy, improve your mental and physical well-being, enhance mood, and take care of your health.For me, I have a few favorite ways in which I like to exercise. I like inline skating, biking, swimming, dance, and strength training. I also enjoy dance and walks in nature.Thanks!
  • polarbare

seroquel and diabetes

I was at my pdocs today and told him I have elevated blood sugar and they are retesting me in August... he says that seroquel will aggravate diabetes but does not cause it... i have weight gain that I know contributes and a dietician told me I was eating correctly... I am predisposed to diabetes on my mothers side of the family... I guess my question is has anyone else been diagnosed with...
  • I'm tired of him whining and I'm sick of hearing it. We a HUGS blowup tonight saying things to each other can never take back. If I had money I'd been gone but I need that fuckers to survive. I wanted to put a knife in his neck. I know it's strange thing to say about the whining bc I'm BP, he never shuts the fk up about it. I mean on and on and on...... one never ending stupid complaint. ...
  • I have to take it so early but then I still wake up late because I simply cannot. get. up. I hate the tiredness but love the effects. I'm also on Lamictal. Is there any way to help with this tiredness with Seroquel? I hate taking it for this reason. Plus the only alone time I get is after my child is in bed, bless her heart. I don't want to go to bed at 9pm. Grrrr.
  • Has anyone else experienced this? Since the episode that led to my DX in 2007 I would definitely say my personality has changed. I have gone from a meek and insecure person to a supremely confident and sometimes arrogant person. My inhibitions are much less and I'm chatty Cathy-i talk to anyone and everyone. I was even giving everyone bonbons in the post office last week, lol. I've changed. I've...