Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

1 Online
  • Niccid

Chaos

my house is generally pretty cluttered I admit I'm not a good housekeeper but I am very overwhelmed by the chaos that has resulted from mom's passing. Most of her things are here despite the fact she hadn't lived with me for probably almost a year. When I came home from work today it was to even more mess of paperwork that someone appears to be sorting. My dining room is a disaster! I make myself...
  • anonymousme

Doing so much better

I am currently getting a monthly intramuscular shot of abilify (I am bad about taking pills consistently.) I take lamictal (lamotrigine.) I just started bupropian (buspar.) YEAH!!!! I got off the ADD meds entirely. I decided to take better care of myself. These are the things I do now instead...(sort of a repost)********************************************************************I like to get...
  • BothsidesBroken

Prednisone angry

This is bad! Very very bad. 9 hours after a doctor-prescribed double dose of Prednisone and I started wanting to peel people open like cans of tuna. Racing thoughts are now rampant after 2 full weeks being gone. Fuck!Not taking the rest in next two days. The rash over my whole body can just kill me. Not certain what caused the rash but this cure is  bullshit! I told the doc I had severe trouble...
  • Beckstermuffins

I Have Fallen On The Depressive Side Of Bipolar

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for the support! Wow! I didn't expect anyone to read this let alone comment! I apologize that this article was triggering to some... That wasn't my intention at all. :/ I'm doing much better today. I have met with my counselor and also got a new psychiatrist who is changing my meds around so I'm not on so many of them. I also have a new job as a custodian that I start...
  • FaithPrincess

Word Game (Four Letters)

I will post a four-letter word.  Then, you can create a sentence using those four letters.EXAMPLE: GAMEGary Always Meets EmmaLet's Play!!First word:  TALE
  • kisses2016

Resigned

I've pretty much accepted that at nearly 26 years old I will never again have a boyfriend, I will never work full time again, I will never move out. And rather than be depressed I've just accepted this. It'll just be easier that way. Lonely, but easy. And I have my family anyway
  • MoobbusT

Some tunes maybe

Musical therapy anyone?Mellow magic this one :-)I've heard more than one critic say it's better than the original... if you can believe that!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmwFnoMoDDgDMA'S cover Cher 'Believe' for Like A Version
  • BothsidesBroken

Checking in

I've had a great couple of days! I have spent them with friends. Spent Thursday with one of my favorite people. I think she's an awesome person. Her 3 year old nephew came to visit and we had a blast! Little fella was so much fun. We played drums, watched Simon's Cat on YouTube, went to Walmart to play with toys. Just an awesome day, with a minor exception. I was installing Google Home, the...
  • deleted_user

can we chat?

i really need someone to chat with for a few minutes ........
  • FaithPrincess

Most Helpful Self-Care Activity?

What is your favorite way to engage in self-care?Examples:  Exercise, writing in a journal, crafting, play with a pet, go for a walk, watch a movie, etc.
  • kisses2016

Pray for a puppy

after the loss of our dog last year mom has been longing for a pit bull puppy. Her chance is here! A friend Of a friend has a litter 2 weeks old and one left! He may or may not be claimed so please pray my mom gets this long awaited baby pup!
  • SplitScreen

How a Person with Bipolar Thinks

The following article is one of the best I've seen to describe in layman's terms how Bipolar works in my brain. Thought you all might find value in it. I've shared it with supportive friends and family selectively with positive feedback. http://natashatracy.com/bipolar-disorder/how-bipolar-thinks/
  • polarbare

latuda

I take latuda ..pdoc says take with 350 calories...I take it at bedtime and was wondering if anyone else does and what snack choice you use?((Hugs)) polar
  • Braveredhead

new medicine

I need to draw everyday and let my emotions out there. I'm not bad I'm just real emotional bc of my illness. My doc put me on fluoxetine yesterday. I haven't started it I'm scared to take it with pristiq the pharmists said its not good together and I'm supposed to take them in the mornings. I'm gonna have to go see my docs again tomorrow to ask about it they were supposed to call me back today...
  • Orangey123

Traveling with bipolar

I'm so down!I went on an overseas trip for a couple weeks and the time change about 9 hours different. When I was there I was fine. At times I thought how could I have ever been ill? When I got home the jet lag has been horrendous. I wanted to go back every couple of years but the torture coming back is too hard. I have a lot of anxiety and depression along with extreme fatigue even though I'm...