Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

2 Online
  • mlr0853

Sleep

This is an article from Time Mag. on the value of sleep...about 3/4 of the way down BP and other MH disorders are listed. Interesting read. Last time I saw my psydr. he suggested to me to have a sleep study done because of severity of depression and staying up all night sleeping all day..under 5hrs, sometimes 12hrs. The article shows through testing how ptsd is increased due to...
  • kisses2016

More stress. I'm in tears

so my t just replied to my email( sent her a link to my thread here). Great and fine. But now she's just found out after three months  of seeing her that I have a copay. I have Medicaid and private insurance and don't have a copay for anyone else. I can't afford a copay! She is the first of five tdocs I actually like since my old t. What am I gonna do?! Life keeps giving me lemons and squeezing...
  • ladybugluvs

SEVERE ANXIETY

So I been doing bad. REALLY BAD! It started January 30th on my way to work I started to feel this anxiety so INTENSE! It feels like there is a demon with gun to head taunting me and actingn like their going to shoot me but don't. Or the feeling you get when your driving and someone almost hits you but barely misses you. Or like your at the top of a building and you slip but catch yourself in time...
  • MoobbusT

Some tunes maybe

Musical therapy anyone?Mellow magic this one :-)I've heard more than one critic say it's better than the original... if you can believe that!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmwFnoMoDDgDMA'S cover Cher 'Believe' for Like A Version
  • kisses2016

Suicidal ideation obviously TW

Ive been preoccupied with these thoughts. What's haunting me is waking up in the hospital for a third time surrounded by my family. It's heartbreaking to think about! So why can I not stop considering suicide as an option? I'm leaving behind a truly wonderful family. But I just feel like I am a burden to them. They do so much for me and I am incredibly grateful but I feel useless. See im telling...
  • BothsidesBroken

One of the best days ever!

Yesterday was awesome! Went to the final year of Carl Casper's Auto Show in Louisville. Spent most of the day there with my friend T. Decided, after having some Skyline chili, to go to "Rocky Horror Picture Show" at the Kentucky Theater. The Master's Affairs, the shadow cast, brought it home as usual. Went with T and K, both Rocky virgins. I made sure to mark them. I'm really really grateful K...
  • kisses2016

And everything is a trigger!!

a tv show with a character who looks like someone I used to be close to, or a traumatic situation on tv that I've been in, or someone mentions mental illness, a piece of my wardrobe I wore to an event with someone no longer in my life, a place I used to go to with someone. All triggers of anxiety. Anyone else can relate?? How do you cope?
  • FaithPrincess

Word Game (Four Letters)

I will post a four-letter word.  Then, you can create a sentence using those four letters.EXAMPLE: GAMEGary Always Meets EmmaLet's Play!!First word:  TALE
  • ritkat

Returning to work?

I was wondering how those who are working knew when they could return to work without being so symptomatic that they were no longer functional. I know some people have to work and my question may seem silly, but I have had a very hard time working in the past and I have ended up in the hospital between work and personal stresses. I now am a stay at home mom and I have started doing some small...
  • bipolarkrazy

Early morning

Does anyone else have early morning racing thoughts? 
  • kisses2016

Stability and how long between episodes

When you are stable, how long does it last? HOw long in between episodes and how long do your episodes last?
  • irishwriter

come unwind in the bp lounge

theatre and I are there already. I'm having a very berry tea with crackers, cheese and cherry tomatoes and she's having a joint with some beer and we're both on really comfy recliners on thick pile carpet. we need some help with the decor if anyone is around??
  • kisses2016

Need advice?

so I've been seeing my therapist since end of December. I need advice on how to tell her I've been feeling suicidal lately. My last t it took me months to open up to her. I do like my new t but I'm afraid of how she might react or treat me differently. How should I bring it up? Any advice is welcome 
  • Deveres-Girl

Looking for guidance

When you have lost a loved one how do you decifer the diference between your grief and your disease?
  • ritkat

Death in the family

My aunt died last weekend. I didn't know she was that sick. She was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer at the beginning of January. I wasn't really close to her, but my mom is having a really hard time. She has very little family left. I'm feeling sad thinking of how she used to text me on holidays even though I rarely saw her. We visited her when she was in the hospital last month, but I never...