Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

0 Online
0 Online
  • polarbare

seroquel and diabetes

I was at my pdocs today and told him I have elevated blood sugar and they are retesting me in August... he says that seroquel will aggravate diabetes but does not cause it... i have weight gain that I know contributes and a dietician told me I was eating correctly... I am predisposed to diabetes on my mothers side of the family... I guess my question is has anyone else been diagnosed with...
  • I'm tired of him whining and I'm sick of hearing it. We a HUGS blowup tonight saying things to each other can never take back. If I had money I'd been gone but I need that fuckers to survive. I wanted to put a knife in his neck. I know it's strange thing to say about the whining bc I'm BP, he never shuts the fk up about it. I mean on and on and on...... one never ending stupid complaint. ...
  • I've been clean from cutting for 4 years now but everyday I am urged to relapse... The triggers of everyday are fucking with my head and I can't function anymore. Even the things I used to love don't even mean the same to me. Even music is just music to me now. I think about relapsing with the pills again all the time and idk how to get out of this slump, I was doing really well for a few years...
  • Community Leaderacuriousfish

Roll call...

Activity seems to be dropping off ..even some of those who got onto the new site seem to have stopped posting..who is still around?
  • TRIGGER WARNING: This post talks openly about suicide.Today I read about a suicide - it hurt to hear. Of Course it does; everyone left behind is Miserable, and often they didn't see it coming, you know? Remember when Robin Williams ended his life? I want to make a few comments about suicide: when someone you know (at all, let alone someone you Care about) takes his or her life, sociology says...
  • First off, why is my font so small while am typing this? Don't Know If It's Gonna post like this.Everytime after I excersize I get very depressed. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Susieq

Hypomanic and Manic

In your own words can you explain the difference? Thankyou
  • Susieq

Loopy

This morning I woke up did my walk and yoga, was feeling good. All of a sudden I felt loopy. Slurring my words and tripping in the grocery store. I took the same amount of medicine as I always take. I feel loopy now. Has anyone felt like this? I know we are not doctors but any opinions would be helpful.Thank you for listening
  • Breona1996

It's been a while...

Hey everyone, well it's been about 3 years since I have been on here... I don't know if anyone remebers me, and I am sure there are a lot of new people, so hello! My name is Bre. I don't really know what I want to say because it has been so long! So much has changed... I am 20 now, engaged to be married to my fiance in October, am helping raise her son, I am working, and contemplating going to...
  • I've been cutting lately and last night I wanted to go drive off a bridge. I don't want to go to the hospital. I don't want to feel like this anymore...
  • rubyblue

Say something nice

About yourselfAnd reply more than once!I'll start - I'm a very loyal person
  • rubyblue

Good morning everyone!

Its just gone 9.30 here and I've been up since 7am. My sleep has definitely improved taking the extra ativan each day but I am knocking it on the head today. I dont want to become addicted to it. I still have haldol if I go back to sleeping just 3 hours but hopefully that has reset my system a little. I'm still feeling hypomanic. I've gone from manic to hypomanic is that usual? But I'm not sure...
  • TC40

Update

I am in a manic state. I had a cortisone injection in my knee on Monday and it felt great until Friday. Then it was just awful. I haven't been sleeping good because of the pain and I think the cortisone shove me into a manic state. I am in so much but I just wish I could die. I have been sitting here cutting my leg for the past 20 minutes. I just don't know if I'm ever going to feel right it...
  • I'm fairly certain I have bipolar. I need to talk it out in a supportive place.
  • I have to take it so early but then I still wake up late because I simply cannot. get. up. I hate the tiredness but love the effects. I'm also on Lamictal. Is there any way to help with this tiredness with Seroquel? I hate taking it for this reason. Plus the only alone time I get is after my child is in bed, bless her heart. I don't want to go to bed at 9pm. Grrrr.