Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

2 Online
  • min63

help new

hello everyone i do not have bi polor but my daugter suffers from it and i think its sevear ,     its hard to deal with her i would love to know the things i can do to help her ,     i think it becuse her dad drop drugs on me while pregnate ,   anyhow she can be exsplosive ,   like onetime she went off when i got there the police where about to enter gun drawengood thing it was small town ....
  • mlr0853

A Restful Mind

We Are Not AloneWhen our illness took control of us in the past, we probably acted in ways we were not proud of. This is to be expected. Yet some of us may believe that what we did was unforgivable. As a result, we condemn ourselfves to lives of guilt and shame.Whatever we did, we're not the first to do it. This does not excuse our behavior. But it helps to know that someone, somewhere, has done...
  • hi guys, I haven't been on in a while. I haven't felt that comfortable with redesign.But here I am now. Hello everyone - I hope you all are doing well.I thought to write today because I think I am learning to reset my sights on my mental health - my emotional health.I think it's the human condition to seek out ways to manage your emotional life - and I think that I have thoughtin an idealized way...
  • mlr0853

Struggling with "what is"

Bipolar Wellness ToolsThis is a website I've used as a tool for many years, a National Bipolar/Depressio organization.http://www.dbsalliance.org/site/PageServer?pagename=wellness_personal_wellness_toolsRecently I've been working on detaching myself physically and mentally from my son. Emotionally Very Hard as a Mom. He is a young 20, and like some youth, certainly like me when I was his age...no...
  • New site... New words?? I'll write a word and just write the first word that comes into your mind without too much thoughtframe
  • Jenniferswe

Today was going fine until...

My 18 year old son with Aspergers loves to play a few online games.  He came running up to me in a panic because he thought he bought something online by mistake.  We make deals that he does a chore so he can by a game or credits.  He always asks permission to buy things.While we were going through the account to see if this purchase went through(it didn't), there was a charge for a game he...
  • Susieq

Thank you

I know we are still getting used to the site but I want to say thank you to everyone for their support and honesty on my posts.  I really appreciate it. Thank you hugs
  • irishwriter

come unwind in the bp lounge

theatre and I are there already. I'm having a very berry tea with crackers, cheese and cherry tomatoes and she's having a joint with some beer and we're both on really comfy recliners on thick pile carpet. we need some help with the decor if anyone is around??
  • Community Leaderacuriousfish

DS updates

DS updated today. Details of what should have changed are herehttps://www.dailystrength.org/group/dailystrength-members-community/discussion/details-for-the-next-site-update-ds-2-3-0And here is a list of what is currently due for delivery soonish. I expect there will be more to...
  • irishwriter

thank you all.

i can't do it any more; thanks and big fat hugs.
  • Braveredhead

clueless

I don't know how to tell what is a symptom of the medicines I'm on.  I feel like the only one with this problem.  I took my symptoms to my doc but he looked at me weird. He always looks at me weird.  I just trust whatever he says or gives me.  I don't know what the symptoms of the bipolar. It's hard for me to tell if I'm manic or depressive.  Anyone else have this problem? If not how do you...
  • MusicLoveFaith

Three things you enjoy?

What are the top three things you love to do?
  • rubyblue

How can you tell

If someone is genuine or telling fibs and covert in nature?
  • MusicLoveFaith

Story Time III

How about starting a new story?Just add 3 to 5 words.Once upon a time, there was...
  • PinkCheeks

How can I help?

My husband is bi polar and I wanna understand what he's going through. I want to help him, but I don't know how. I feel like he thinks I'm naggy Nancy. Everything I say is to be helpful but I feel like he misinterpreted it. Please anybody going through this that can give me some advice!