Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

1 Online
  • Jenniferswe

Fealing scared

I'm having one of those when I'm scared of change.  I had my 1st meeting with Vocational Rehab.  I was very nervous.  I did learn some things and got some new ideas.  I still feel pretty shaken up.  I've had the rug pulled out from under me so many times I can't help but expect the worst.  Having bp has really tore apart my life.
  • Morg

numbness

i'm not sure if im bipolar but i have these times when i feel amazing confident invincible but then most of the time i just feel nothing my grandparents died and i didn't feel anything i didn't even care i don't want t have another thing wrong with me right now because my life is already pretty shitty.
  • kisses2016

Saved by my dog

i went over it in my head and I'm ok with leaving behind my family when I die. But I can't bear to think about what would happen to my previous dog if I killed myself. It's something. She's only ten and hopefully has a few more years to go. By that time I should be in a better place where I don't contemplate suicide every week. I love my family but they have each other. They don't even like my...
  • Kiarraraiyne

Waves

I've recently gotten some Earth shattering news... I've been having a lot of trouble with my bipolar disorder lately, since my father died actually. This though, this is just getting worse. I can't seem to keep my head up. I have been seeing a therapist but they just want to talk like we're friends instead of fixing my head, or helping me. They just want to talk. I don't want to talk, I just want...
  • Melise

So my therapist called...

It took me by surprise. I don't have an appointment for a couple weeks, but she wanted to check on me because of a biopsy I had done last week. (Side note: this ain't my first rodeo with this craptastic situation and internal parts getting snippet/cut/partially removed).She just wanted to check on my mental state and let me know she was praying for me. Good almost 20 minute talk. Made me feel...
  • Community LeaderSunCloudJD

What's Up Yo!!

Hey All..... I hope everyone is having a great weekend.... It's hard to believe we're heading towards Fall.... I just cut the front and back lawn and took my pooch for a walkI'm going to do some laundry and then jump in the shower so I'm feeling productive.... I'm going to play a game online later... I had coffee with a friend yesterday and went to a garage sale... WootHow's everyone doing?.......
  • kisses2016

The "leaving the house" thing

i want to visits my sisters. I want to go t church. I want to go to parties. I want to meet people. But the moment I get to my destinations n I calculate how long I have to stay until I can leave without seeming rude. I want to enjoy those things. But home is safe. Any other hermits here?
  • Imlosingit

Having a melt down

I have no idea what to do with this. Ever since my brain surgery 3years ago, I have not felt like myself.  At first it it felt almost like I was driving someone else's body. As time went by it got better but I was still noticing odd things about myself. One of them is this weird, -very hard to describe-feeling of not being able to get myself to do something that has, I guess you would say, prep...
  • kisses2016

Fat shaming experiences

so I am new to this. I was always underweight on zyprexa. Only 90 lbs at 5'2. Now I'm 140 and my brother moos when I walk by. He makes whale jokes and my mom always makes a mean comment when I eat. I hate being this heavy because none of my old clothes fit and I can't afford a new wardrobe. So I wear sweat pants or yoga pants and t-shirts most days. I have a little belly which I've been mistakes...
  • Username88

Making decisions?

OK, I just spent 30 minutes deciding if I wanted to get a pizza. Then I spent about 45 minutes trying to decide what I wanted on it. I already knew what kind of crust and sauce, but 45 minutes on toppings. Then I felt horrible for spending under $20. Then I felt guilty because I'm hella broke. Then started rationalizing ("haven't gotten a pizza in ages, haven't bought anything for myself in ages,...
  • kisses2016

A bad night

so I wrote last week about my job giving me a promotion. And more hours. Tonight at our staff meeting we got our new schedules. I didn't get the promotion or the increase in hours I was expecting and I didn't want to call out my boss in front of everyone.  So I kept quiet and steered the whole two hours. I'll talk with my boss tomorrow but I'm pissed and worried and distressed. The promotion...
  • Angela-Boyle

Tw feeling suicidal, angry and irritable

I woke up depressed after my nap today. Tried singing and dancing in the shower to change my mindset. Family came over tonight and my anxiety was so high and i just wanted to isolate myself but i stuck it out and stay for a few hours with them. Then i layed in bed feeling angry and irittable. I was getting angry at my pet shark for chasing the tetra and thought about chopping his head off wtf so...
  • Angela-Boyle

Tw i really need some help from self harmers

My anxiety has been so bad lately. My depression is much better than 2 weeks ago when i was suicidal but i keep wanting to cut. I had a bad panic attack yesterday because of a transaction i did with a person at php. I sold her one of my old ecigs because she wanted to quit smoking and that ecig was only 3 months old. I gave her all the parts and showed her how to use it. Then 3 days later she...
  • Rhaella

Feeling like a terrible person

I recently went through a big life change, and I'm trying hard (and failing) to not fall into this pit of self loathing. I don't really feel like going into much detail, but the short story is I ended a long relationship with a wonderful person and moved far away from my home.I feel like that person did everything right to make me happy, yet I couldn't just be happy. All I felt was emptiness or...
  • deleted_user

Depo-Provera and bipolar?

When I was in the hospital, talked to my psych doctor and my OB/GYN it was mentioned several times that they suspected taking a Depo-Provera shot 12 years ago was what triggered the bipolar for me. Basically, they said that they have seen a number of women come in with bipolar disorder who didn't develop symptoms until after taking the Depo shot. Their apparant theory is that the shot alters...