Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
heretic
SSDI turned me down. I gave it my best shot and they said no.
I am at a loss what to do, I can't keep working and I can't be homeless.
Every day I'm at work all I can think about is killing myself, I hate it so bad.
But I can't face homelessness again. I haven't had the guts to kill
myself until now, but getting turned down seems like the end of the road.
I don't know how to get out of this trap. If I put everything in my car and leave I will not be able to get my meds, I will be sleeping in my car alone
and that is very dangerous and scary.
What I want is to not have to deal with life any more. I hate it all.
I am at a loss what to do, I can't keep working and I can't be homeless.
Every day I'm at work all I can think about is killing myself, I hate it so bad.
But I can't face homelessness again. I haven't had the guts to kill
myself until now, but getting turned down seems like the end of the road.
I don't know how to get out of this trap. If I put everything in my car and leave I will not be able to get my meds, I will be sleeping in my car alone
and that is very dangerous and scary.
What I want is to not have to deal with life any more. I hate it all.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Life has been really hard this past year. I'm really feeling down and alone. I can't talk to my family about my depression and anxiety their not very understanding about it. It's really hitting me since my mother passed a few months ago, plus stress from having to eventually move. Also having my niece coming around who suffers bipolar and refuses to take medication for it. Its been...
-
When i was in the ER February 16th 2025, i was being admitted to ICU where i was for 3 weeks, then had to relearn to walk for 3 weeks in another hospital rehab floor, the nurse told me something that made me feel for over 18 months now that i was finally *safe*. She told me that the guy who raped and beat me 21 years ago now almost 20 years at that time, was in prison as of a month before that...

I decided not to appeal because the process scares the crap out of me but I feel better now and feel like I can get back to work. BUT, if you really need it and feel you should get it, I would look into giving it another go.
I would suggest you go to one of those Attorneys that specialize in Disabilty Claims.
They charge nothing , until you get approved, they can file an Appeal for you.
Sending hugs
dd
I don't know a whole lot about the process but if you have the energy I would appeal it too like Dd mentioned the kind of attorneys that don't get anything unless you are approved.
Give em hell!! You have been struggling for long enough, let someone else do the work for ya and get them working for ya!!
Sending good vibes your way....and more hugs too!
Great big hug of comfort for you...xo
Sorry to hear that your claim was denied, but you do have options. Dancingd had the best. Get yourself a lawyer that specializes in disability law and file an appeal.
There are people who get denied 3 and 4 times before the win their cases. The important thing is not to give up even when things seem darkest.
Sending hugs and support
The Wolf
APPEAL!!
It's been suggested I appeal but I'm sure I'm past that time frame and will have to reapply. Most say getting an attorney who specializes in these cases helps. I'm about to look into that.... I must, soon. I'm in a small town with no lawyers, so will have to get a ride from a friend to get to a bigger town with to do that.
It's scary, but it's scarier to think about what the consequences of not trying again could be.
I tried to get on another assistance program, which was a no go... they told metro reapply for disability, too.
Let's do this, heretic. There's lots of experience here to help us. What do ya think?
I do not know much about the process myself but I do agree with the suggestion of possibly getting an attorney.
I hope you can figure something out soon.