Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML) Support Group

Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), also known as acute myeloid leukemia, is a cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells. Patients with AML usually present with symptoms such as fatigue, bleeding, infection, prompting medical attention. An abnormal blood test reading will then result in further testing in a hospital with a hematologist to determine AML.

0 Online
  • CajunGirl2015

Prayers needed for Jo

Well Jo was into what we hoped would be her last 6 months of chemo but she has now broken out with shingles.  She had just finished her last round of chemo so her white count is really low.  They let her try one night at home on pain meds and antibiotics but she is now headed back to the doctor because it is worse and hurts worse.  She will probably be admitted to the hospital so that they can...
  • Brtwilight

My Brother Dave

I found this site almost three years ago when my brother was diagnosed in February 2014.  Since I was not in on doctor visits, this became a place where I could turn with my questions, my fears, my worries.  There were many here who helped and to each one of you I am very grateful.My brother's subtype AML was one of the tough ones, made tougher by his Flt 3 positive factor.  He had two bone...
  • Noodle65

Transplant Team 2016

Dear All,I am praising almighty God for the cure provided by SCT for Andy and John. We have some mighty warriors getting ready to travel the path forged by so many. Tammy from Chicago and Ev from Arkansas we are all pulling for you!!!Blessings,Julie
  • worriedmom2014

I thought I would give an update on Jeremy. Yesterday was 18 months post SCT for him and he is doing well. He is off all meds except an antiviral as his whites are still lower than normal by .02.He and his wife are planning their first vacation and looking forward to getting away for a few days.He has 16 months left on his ped psych fellowship and really looking forward to helping children in...
  • deleted_user

Plavix And AML

Is there a connection between Plavix and AML? I have read online that Plavix can cause bone marrow damage and over time cause AML. So, I am wondering if there are other Plavix patients that have Leukemia. My father has been on Plavix for over 3 years and was diagnosed on 2/10/2012 with AML M6. Thank you!Silvana
  • Ilovemydad4ever

I love my dad

Hello to you all...I'll admit I absolutely hate that I'm joined to this forum,  but I'm also so so grateful that is here. My father,  the most amazing, kind, giving, loving, gentle soul has AML.  He has always been a big strong healthy man.   He could do anything and was good at everything.  It started with a sinus infection he couldn't kick.   Then he developed a purple rash like mark on...
  • leapea1208

I've struggled with writing this for a while now as I know the words I'm about to say we're going to come as a shock and potentially frighten some of you, and fir this I'm so sorry and I debated not sharing at all. But I find strength in our group and I really need it right now. I apologize in advance for the stress and anxiety this might cause any of you going through treatment as I know...
  • QMMRDeborah

AML Research Study

Qessential Research is holding confidential interviews with people affected by AML. We are hoping to better understand your experience and journey with this condition.Who: Men and women diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and their caregivers.What: Participate in a confidential interview to discuss your personal experience with AML. The discussion will last about an hour and you will receive...
  • robem

Update on Jimmy

I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to update on my husband Jimmy. Since it's been so long I will give a little background. In the 1980s Jimmy was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease and received a BMT in 1988. 25 years later in July 2012 he was dx with MDS/AML and again went on to receive a MUD T cell depleted BMT in July 2013 at Sloan-Kettering. Jimmy had some bumps in the beginning mainly...
  • JamieUK

My Mum's AML Diagnosis & Questions

Hi all,Another new member looking for some help regarding my Mum please. I have read a lot of the other posts here but just want to share my Mum's situation to see if anyone can offer any advice.My Mum is 61 and was diagnosed with AML (M2) last week on 6th November. Six weeks previous to this she was admitted to hospital with low red and white blood counts. Having carried out a blood smear the...
  • Sarahhough25

This is brand new to me......

Hi. I'm a 34 year old female who was diagnosed with CML about a month and a half ago. Ive been trying to put on a brave face and get through the days as they come, but in reality my life has been turned upside down. I went from being very very active, to being too tired and weak to do very much at all. So many things in my life have changed in this short period of time, and I am left feeling a...
  • volleymom

my husband recently diagnosed

Hi im a nervouse wife, mother of 2 boys 13 and 9. My husband was diagnosed 1 day before his 50th birthday and on his Birthday he went in for treatment. He said he didnt want to wait since aml is very aggresive. He was diagnosed with aml m4 intermediate/normal cytogenetics flt3 negative and np1 positive he started with 7+3. And today just finished 2nd round of consolidation with 2 more to go. His...
  • Dear Texas Chic and Sarah,I'm not an Aml Patient, however my husband, fought a long brave battle with AML.  I hesitated to reply to your post, however, I really don't want you to think you are being ignored, here.This forum has been continually active for many years, however there has been a big change,  in the format of the forum. Many people here are still getting used to the changes. Please...
  • Texaschic

New Here

I was searching the Internet for more info regarding flt3 and came across this site. I was excited to find a support group! I am 43 and was diagnosed with AML on March 4, 2016. As you all know, that was a shocker to say the least. I had M4, inv 16 and was positive for  flt3, c-kit and wt1. I completed induction therapy by the end of March and went onto to complete 4 months of high dose...
  • Hi everyone,I can't believe how quiet the board has gotten since the "upgrade".  I check all the time for updates from Tammy, EV, Andy, Tony and others.  It is like a ghost town on there.  Just summertime doldrums I hope?  For those on the list above, please give updates!  We continue to pray for you all daily.  Would love to hear what you are up to.For my question, I got sick for the first...