Wives of Alcoholics Community Group
A forum of healing and help for wives of alcoholics.
notmyselfwhenhere
I am going away for a Girls Weekend leaving Friday morning and returning Sunday. I'm leaving the recovering AH home alone...with the dog...and my mother :) He's pushing back a little bit about having my mom come for the weekend but I said that I needed her to be here for me to feel okay about leaving. I am picking her up on Wed night and planned on bringing her home sometime next week. He brought up today that he could bring her back on Saturday...which would give him less than 24 hrs home alone. If he drinks, he can't drive because he has a breathalyzer built into the car. I left him for less than 24 hrs this past week to go to a concert with a girlfriend (she bought me the ticket as a gift...so I was out of the house for 20 hrs and he did fine).
The one and only time I left him for a weekend, he drank hard. I've never left him alone since (until this weekend for the 20 hrs). I'm sticking to the mom thing...He needs to realize that I need this and its not about him but about me needing to know that my dog and house will be fine even if he decides to drink. When he drinks he forgets about the dog and that just makes me very sad.
Wish me peace and calm during my trip.
The one and only time I left him for a weekend, he drank hard. I've never left him alone since (until this weekend for the 20 hrs). I'm sticking to the mom thing...He needs to realize that I need this and its not about him but about me needing to know that my dog and house will be fine even if he decides to drink. When he drinks he forgets about the dog and that just makes me very sad.
Wish me peace and calm during my trip.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
What?
Can't control what he does so don't let him control and ruin your much desererved weekend!
Have a great time!
My mom said he was great and they had fun together...but I think he is just the greatest actor in the world. Maybe we should start the AH Golden Globe awards...