Widows & Widowers Support Group

This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

1 Online

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!

Replies

HCARD
HCARD

I'm so sorry, you have to deal with this. God bless you. Take care of yourself.
patriciapattersongoo
patriciapattersongoo

I am so sorry, Nana . I want to share with you about my brother. The day Tommy had his heart attack, my only brother who is very special to had began his battle with cancer. He had gone early early that morning to have a stunt put in so he could start chemo. I wasn't even thinking, later felt horrible cause he was the first one I called. He lived in the next city but before I could turn around, he was here by my side. And stayed close to me that whole nite and the few days he was constantly here checking on me He started his chemo the next week and he stood on the promises of God. I told him the whole time "God's Got This" my brother became my hero, he went thur a battle, he got real real sick, he had thick dark beautiful hair, he lost it all. I'll never forget the day he posted on Facebook that all his hair was gone( I'm crying like a baby remembering this.)I told him 'as long as he was here, that's all that mattered so bald or not we don't care. I would give anything to rub Tommys bald head"
My brother was so remarkable, he never wavered on believing God would take care of him. Now here we are 6 months later and I'm hear to tell my brother is cancer free :)
If you want to talk, I'm hear for you and I'm sure there are a lot others on here
Xxxxxxx
Patricia
onebrokenheart
onebrokenheart

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and I will be praying for you everyday.
emerald15
emerald15

Oh, nana I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis of lung cancer,that you say is rare. I sure hope the oncologist can prescribe a treatment for you like radiation, or chemotherapy to eliminate the cancer because there is such hi-tech cancer treatments now. Do you have a cancer treatment center near you.? I feel especially close to you, almost like a sister, because I am from Arkansas also, and know just where Yellville, Arkansas is. I hope you have lots of family and friends to support you during this awful diagnosis and that you will come out okay. Keep letting us know how you are doing. We are all here to support, comfort, understand and pray for each other in our journeys of grief, and all the other things that we don't ask for to happen. I will be thinking of you and praying for your recovery from this cancer. Take care, try to be brave and strong spiritually.
Hugs, Nanette
Community Leadercliffskat
cliffskat

I hope they are able to give you treatment and support where you are. I wish no one had to deal with cancer ever again. Will keep you in my good thoughts and prayers and keep us posted.

Love and Big Hugs,
Martha
tim57
tim57

Nana, you know my prayers are with you. Remember He is with you thru this also. Just stay in your faith. He will guide you in the way to go.
Take care.
Peace, Tim
FaithNLove64
FaithNLove64

I am so sorry NaNa! I hate cancer.... It tries its dardenest to suck the life out of people- good people- even people who are healthy. The only good thing about it is that it can be beat. Even though my husband lost a very short battle- I have seen others make it years, decades, after diagnosis.

In hindsight, I wish my husband and I would have advocated for him much more diligently. He had lost so much weight so quickly and we were both concerned. We asked for hospitilization several times, so that he could be monitored. We were treated as if we were overreacting- as if losing 50-60 lbs in six weeks was not uncommon. What did we know? I should have listened to my gut. I wish I would have demanded more attention- or gone for a second opinion.

So if I have any advice it is this- listen to your gut and if you feel something needs to be addressed you advocate for yourself until you get the answers and care you deserve.

I will be thinking of and praying for you!

Robyne
cgriff4ever
cgriff4ever

Nana,Just remember we are all here for you, praying, listening, being here for you, in whatever way we you need us. The only thing I would say, is "Please don't give up, rather it's cancer, sickness, broken heart, or just life, we must still enjoy each day, as though it were our last. You are helping me realize, that I could die walking down the street, and why sit around my house sulking, hating the world, feeling sorry for myselff. "Seize the day", and I will because of your strength, promise you to do that. Much love and big hugs carla. Please let us know how you are doing, and may god surround you and give you strength and enoucragement
lifeisunreal
lifeisunreal

Nana -

You are in my prayers.

Blessings to you -

Darrell
shelda
shelda

Your in my prayers and I hope you can feel the hugs too...Bless you xox
katie2016
katie2016

Nana, I am so sorry that you have this to deal with. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
deleted_user
deleted_user

nana, please know that we are all thinking of you and hope that each day that you face you keep thoughts in your head and heart that are positive and loving.

I wish your road ahead to be as easy and pain free as it can possibly be.

You will be in my thoughts.

Roz
feeshee
feeshee

Prayers and hugs going your way NaNa.
snowalone
snowalone

Nana, how are you?
eighty8
eighty8

My prayers to you...sincerely
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • mimivr

I think I need to talk to others

I'm going through the "angry phase" of loosing my husband. My daughter is in a private school and I signed the contract for my son to go to the same school in January. My husband died 3 weeks later and I realized I couldn't keep 2 children in private school. I told the school that my financial situation had changed and that I would try and keep my daughter at the school. My son never started the...
  • rerouting

What would our loved ones want for us

What would our loved ones want for us...This has been in my spirit and on my mind constantly...I can hear my husband speaking to me plain as day to my spirit often about me enjoying life for him and taking care of myself and the kids and keeping up with the things he kept up with and he's looking forward to being with us again and how much he loved us.He would never want us living down and...