Widows & Widowers Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.
krysshaddow
We recently talked about songs and I wanted to share this with everyone especially during the holidays.
I've never been afraid of anything. Not before Wayne, not with Wayne. But after 9 years with him I find myself struggling with many fears I've never experienced before. I'm still crazy enough to skydive at 10,000 ft without a thought, but I'm terrified of weird things like to be in busy places where I might see someone who knew him.
Although I still have to work at it every day, I wanted to share a beatiful song that has been helping my confidence, in hopes that it helps some of you also.
FEAR by Blue October
All my life
Been running from a pain in me
A feeling I don't understand
Is holding me down
So Rain on me
Underwater
All I am
it's getting harder
A heavy weight
I carry around.
But Today
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid
I don't have to let the damage consume me,
Or My shadow see through me cause
Fear in itself
Will reel you in
and spit you out
Over and over again
Believe in yourself
And you will walk
Fear in itself
Will use you up
and break you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall,
but now I get back up.
I'm up here
I'm looking at the way down there
And I'm staring through the I don't care
And It's staring back at me
The beauty is
I'm learning how to face my beast
Starting now to find some peace
And Set myself free
Today,
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid
I don't have to let the damage consume me,
Or My shadow see through me cause
Fear in itself
Will reel you in
And spit you out
over and over again
Believe in yourself
and you will walk
Fear in itself
Will use you up
and break you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall but now I get back up
I'm moving on
Oh god just move on
Today,
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid....
Get back up
Get up
Fear in itself
will use you up
And it breaks you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall
Breathe,
Ask for more
if you're bitter still
Ask HIM to help you carry on.
I've never been afraid of anything. Not before Wayne, not with Wayne. But after 9 years with him I find myself struggling with many fears I've never experienced before. I'm still crazy enough to skydive at 10,000 ft without a thought, but I'm terrified of weird things like to be in busy places where I might see someone who knew him.
Although I still have to work at it every day, I wanted to share a beatiful song that has been helping my confidence, in hopes that it helps some of you also.
FEAR by Blue October
All my life
Been running from a pain in me
A feeling I don't understand
Is holding me down
So Rain on me
Underwater
All I am
it's getting harder
A heavy weight
I carry around.
But Today
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid
I don't have to let the damage consume me,
Or My shadow see through me cause
Fear in itself
Will reel you in
and spit you out
Over and over again
Believe in yourself
And you will walk
Fear in itself
Will use you up
and break you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall,
but now I get back up.
I'm up here
I'm looking at the way down there
And I'm staring through the I don't care
And It's staring back at me
The beauty is
I'm learning how to face my beast
Starting now to find some peace
And Set myself free
Today,
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid
I don't have to let the damage consume me,
Or My shadow see through me cause
Fear in itself
Will reel you in
And spit you out
over and over again
Believe in yourself
and you will walk
Fear in itself
Will use you up
and break you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall but now I get back up
I'm moving on
Oh god just move on
Today,
I don't have to fall apart
I don't have to be afraid....
Get back up
Get up
Fear in itself
will use you up
And it breaks you down
like you were never enough
I used to fall
Breathe,
Ask for more
if you're bitter still
Ask HIM to help you carry on.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
On my head I thought: Sleeping???? So fast?!
I went to see and there he was bluish. He had stop breathing, why ? nobody can determine is exactly happened on the 20 to 30 minutes that he was by himself in the room.
Life is not the same, but we are doing our best to be strong. My son gives me strength to keep going. He is a strong little one and I am so blessed to have him.
I just want to share my story with you to let you know that you are not alone and we care about you. I will pray for you.
Patricia: its amazing what we learn about ourselves in such horrible situations. I had no idea what I was going to do about the mortgage all alone, but somehow managed to sell the house in only a couple months, keep calm about his family trying to fight me for $ and move back to my home state to be with my family to grieve. I honestly don't even remember most of it until after I settled into my new apt.
I'm glad you like the song. Keep being strong. We will all stay strong together. :-)