Widows & Widowers Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.

Truhal
Watch the stress. It's a life destroyer. Two months ago I was on blood pressure medication for the first time in my life. I'd been handling the stress of losing my husband somewhat, but I'd moved in with my dad and the blood pressure medication stopped working. That's right. My blood pressure medication became ineffective.
Many of you may remember all the problems I had with my dad. We argued all the time. I'd moved in with him to help him as he was undergoing surgery and is 82. Well, it nearly killed me. My blood pressure hovered around 178/104. It was the thing that got me to move from his house. We had an argument one day and I went to the store immediately afterwards. I checked my blood pressure on the machine they had and discovered my blood pressure had shot up to about 184/106. I was definetly on my way to see my husband. Then I thought, no. Get an apartment. I literally got in my car, drove out to where I'd been living just 2 months before, and signed the lease. The rental agent didn't even know I'd moved. I also stopped taking the blood pressure medication.
Now less than two months later, my blood pressure is 129/84. I'm eating the same way, weigh a few pounds more, and I don't exercise. Yet, just by moving out, my blood pressure went down.
Stress is known to cause everything from cancer to backaches. We widows/widowers have got to be very careful.
Tru
Many of you may remember all the problems I had with my dad. We argued all the time. I'd moved in with him to help him as he was undergoing surgery and is 82. Well, it nearly killed me. My blood pressure hovered around 178/104. It was the thing that got me to move from his house. We had an argument one day and I went to the store immediately afterwards. I checked my blood pressure on the machine they had and discovered my blood pressure had shot up to about 184/106. I was definetly on my way to see my husband. Then I thought, no. Get an apartment. I literally got in my car, drove out to where I'd been living just 2 months before, and signed the lease. The rental agent didn't even know I'd moved. I also stopped taking the blood pressure medication.
Now less than two months later, my blood pressure is 129/84. I'm eating the same way, weigh a few pounds more, and I don't exercise. Yet, just by moving out, my blood pressure went down.
Stress is known to cause everything from cancer to backaches. We widows/widowers have got to be very careful.
Tru
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
I think it was in your best interest to get your own place. Sometimes living with, or too close to family isn't a very good situation.
I wish you the best
I was very concerned about you when you were at your dad's. Remember, I encouraged you to move. I am so glad you did! You were headed for a stroke with blood pressure like that, and possibly a heart attack.
I take bp meds, and have for a while, but, the meds keep my bp under control ~~ at least, so far.
So happy that you are doing better. :o)
Hugs, Joely
When I'm not there, he has the dog I gave him for a gift. The dog is happy to be with him and they're good company for each other.