Widows & Widowers Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have lost a husband, wife, or partner. Anything is open for discussion here, with the hope that we can focus on grief, bereavement, life after loss, and continuing on after a great loss.
justshredderandme
It's been 1 year ago today. Why does it seem like yesterday? I have accomplished a few things this past year, such as getting the house painted, having the bathroom remodeled. It made me sad when that was done because I just wish Don could see how nice the house looks. I miss Don everyday. I miss his sense of humor and how he could make me laugh. I miss hearing his own "commentary" while watching Fox News! :) I miss him asking me "what's for dinner tonight?" and me saying "what do you want?" , him saying "whatya got?" :) I even miss him throwing his underwear or socks in my face in the morning after an argument the night before, knowing that was his way of "breaking the ice". :) He truly was a good man, not without faults, but a good man and a good husband/best friend. RIP Don.. you will be in my heart forever.
matthew90
It is a million little things that we miss about our spouses.I used to come in from snow blowing, with my glasses all steamed up from the cold, and I would purposely leave a little extra snow on my shoulder and sleeve. I would then stumble around the livingroom brushing the snow ever closer to Sharry, as she screamed and turned her chair to shield herself from the guy who resembled Jack Nicholson at the end of the Shining. She would then turn back to me, laughing and say "You are sooooo weird" I really miss her laugh, and the way she said that. The list seems endless, doesn't it? Robert
deleted_user
justshredderandme, I don't know what the appropriate blessing would be for such a day but the way you convey Don's presence is awesome and he must have been a really great guy. So congrats on having shared his life, and condolensences on having to go now a year without him. Kudos to you for being so strong and going on to take care of some projects. I hope I can learn from your attitude. Don would be proud, you know. Sounds to me like he hasn't left you completely, and never will.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...