Vitiligo Support Group

Vitiligo or leukoderma is a skin disease that causes loss of pigment, resulting in irregular white patches of skin. There is some evidence suggesting it is caused by a combination of auto-immune, genetic and environmental factors. Half of vitiligo patients develop signs of the disorder before the age of 20, with patches of de-pigmented skin appearing on extremities. Share experiences and support with this community!

0 Online
  • MissBetty

Hearing and Vitiligo

Hey all. Delighted to have found this group. I was diagnosed with vitiligo about 5 months ago. although I had patches under my arms for about 18months prior to this. Patches on my forehead and body brought me to a doctors office!I have been doing lots of reading and researching and have come across some studies about hearing loss and vitiligo. As I have had tinnitus for about 7 years now I am...
  • Vitiligo is a chronic skin condition marked by white depigmented patches that develop and enlarge in the certain section of the skin. Formation of these patches is associated with the destruction of the pigment called melanin. This pigment melanin is responsible for giving color to the skin.Any skin condition is treated better and faster if proper diet is observed during the treatment. Vitiligo...
  • TyMesha

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone I am new to this group. So I noticed my first spots around 26/27 year of age I am now about to be 30 next month and it seem like it's getting(worse)spreading  and the questions are on the Uproar I'm debating about covering it up with make up but i want to bound to wear make up.... help and advice
  • sandybeach888

Dating

Hi everyone,  my question is.....I'm covered with vitiligo.  Luckily I'm fair skinned in the winter.  However, in the summer....I glow still.  I'm dating after 28 years and I was wondering....do I try and cover or come clean?Thoughts?  I usually wear sunless tanning cream to 'tone' it down.  I'm not sure how men in their 50's would react.
  • jr29

Help me please

Hello guys. Can your guys helping I think I have vitiligo it around my face and left side of my face. When I go to my doctor she give me prescription of triamcinolone acetonide it seems to be working but on the other hand is seems to spreading can you guys help what should I to get rid of it.Thanks advance 
  • deleted_user

Vitiligo

Does Homeopathy work for Vitiligo?
  • goldye

Vitiligo spreading over my body

First I am so grateful and fortunate that my vitiligo started in my 30's and not during my childhood. I know how cruel kids & teenagers can be. Anyway, I noticed the 1st small speck of skin discoloration on my left hand when I was pregnant with my daughter. During the 3.5 yrs. between pregnancies the vitiligo did not grow or spread much. During my 2nd pregnancy I noticed the discoloration got...
  • mehultrivedi

Can anybody comment on my treatment?

On my face at one corner of Lip a white patch appeared of aaprox 1 mm x 1 mm size about two month ago. Before 15 days I got 4 white paches of about 2 mm x 2 mm size on forhead. Dematologist suspected it  vitiligo & given folowing tratment.1 Tab Antoxid-HD 1 for 30 days2 Mebex (Mebenndazole) 100 mg 1-1 (for 3 days - I have completed dose) 3 Orofer - XT 1 in afternoon (for 20 days)4 Melanocyl...
  • blackhoontas

Help me

I am 20 years old and I have semi vitiligo on my right thight.But It doesn't grow,so I don't have it on the rest of my body.A lot of guys ask me out but I get insecure because it feels like I am hiding a secret and that I would scare them away.It affects my dating and sex life(I'm still a virgin).Help????
  • divshirsat12

Vitiligo Treatment in Homeopathy

Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the cases of vitiligo which do not have extensive spread. Early and milder cases may be treated with excellent success, moderate and spreading cases can expect partial color formation with good control, while rapidly spreading cases may be controlled significantly. It may be noted that good control over the spread is also considered a success in extensive...
  • alcross1

My Vitiligo Success. What's Working For Me

Hi all, over the past 2 decades I have been tirelessly researching and waiting for a vitiligo cure or treatment that works with no success(There are some nice potential treatments in the works but they still have to work around the many potential side effects eg Stemcells and Scenesse). After my Vitiligo spread to my face and started really destroying my life i decided to do something about it. I...
  • joeblack123

Penile vitiligo (vitiligo on the penis) - HELP ME!

Though my own stupidity I have developed vitiligo on my penis. I was given a pack of antibiotics in a third world country, which I proceeded to take for much longer than is intended. During this time a white spot appeared on my penis and has continued to spread over the last 3 years. I have seen dermatologists about this and it is extremely embarrassing. My doctor told me "most girls won't notice...
  • ap.14

Emotional Component to the Onset?

Hi Everyone! I'm 37 and started noticing white patches at the age of 34, a year after giving birth to my daughter and 6 months after a emotionally traumatic auto accident. My daughter was in the car during the accident as well, which impacted me a lot. Dermatologists have told me Vitiligo was probably always there in my system(even though there is no family history of anyone else in my family...
  • arha

vitiligo? I need your help with my survey!!

Vitiligo survey:frequently= daily Information about the survey:The answers in the survey are going to be used as a support for my diploma project and your answers are anonymous. My diploma project is about vitiligo and its connections to inter alia gluten intolerance. My name is Arsema Hailu and Im a Swedish student. I have vitiligo and I have been gluten intolerant for 2 months and documented...
  • missm42

i worry for my kids... will they get it too?

I have suffered from vitiligo for about 15 years and it covers most of my body. I have 2 children and worry if they will get it too. I dont want them to get it because we all know how cruel kids can be. I dont wish this upon anyone but im curious as to if anyone that has vitiligo also has a child with it. I do not want my kids to go through what i have gone to because i find myself withdrawn...