Vitiligo Support Group

Vitiligo or leukoderma is a skin disease that causes loss of pigment, resulting in irregular white patches of skin. There is some evidence suggesting it is caused by a combination of auto-immune, genetic and environmental factors. Half of vitiligo patients develop signs of the disorder before the age of 20, with patches of de-pigmented skin appearing on extremities. Share experiences and support with this community!

0 Online
0 Online
  • Hi Everyone! I'm 37 and started noticing white patches at the age of 34, a year after giving birth to my daughter and 6 months after a emotionally traumatic auto accident. My daughter was in the car during the accident as well, which impacted me a lot. Dermatologists have told me Vitiligo was probably always there in my system(even though there is no family history of anyone else in my family...
  • I have suffered from vitiligo for about 15 years and it covers most of my body. I have 2 children and worry if they will get it too. I dont want them to get it because we all know how cruel kids can be. I dont wish this upon anyone but im curious as to if anyone that has vitiligo also has a child with it. I do not want my kids to go through what i have gone to because i find myself withdrawn...
  • antisense

My progress

After 45 treatments with X trac laser, my face which had patches all over is completely cured. At least for the time being. I went through three times a week for nearly 4 months of treatment. Hard to believe. I had no side effects. Those who are considering X trac, I strongly encourage you to try insurance permitting.
  • There are few products on the internet 1) Vitiligo organic ( http://www.vitiligoorganics.com/) from Australia and 2) Vitiligo Green (Miami). http://vitiligogreen.com/. Both of these products use coconut oil as a base and has natural herbs. Has anyone got experience with either of these products? Recently I tried both. Skin pealing on the face, itching are major problems I have faced in...
  • Though my own stupidity I have developed vitiligo on my penis. I was given a pack of antibiotics in a third world country, which I proceeded to take for much longer than is intended. During this time a white spot appeared on my penis and has continued to spread over the last 3 years. I have seen dermatologists about this and it is extremely embarrassing. My doctor told me "most girls won't notice...
  • Hi all, over the past 2 decades I have been tirelessly researching and waiting for a vitiligo cure or treatment that works with no success(There are some nice potential treatments in the works but they still have to work around the many potential side effects eg Stemcells and Scenesse). After my Vitiligo spread to my face and started really destroying my life i decided to do something about it. I...
  • Vitiligo survey:frequently= daily Information about the survey:The answers in the survey are going to be used as a support for my diploma project and your answers are anonymous. My diploma project is about vitiligo and its connections to inter alia gluten intolerance. My name is Arsema Hailu and Im a Swedish student. I have vitiligo and I have been gluten intolerant for 2 months and documented...
  • Hey everyone! There is a completely natural vitiligo treatment that works! There are real results, and the treatment is so simple with organic ingredients! If you are trying to get rid of your vitiligo, please give it a chance. Check out www.demurecures.com, and be sure to check out the vitiligo video on the site also!
  • I recently picked up at a farmer's market an oatmeal soap bar. I read that oatmeal and honey MAY help vitiligo. I dislike that there is no cure and everything is a "may." My son has vitiligo and I let him use the oatmeal bar of soap. It seemed like the vitiligo with the oatmeal bar started to fade a tiny bit. It could be just wishful thinking on my part but he said, "mommy it looks like my...
  • antisense

Vitiligo cure?

Exciting news about recent Vitiligo treatment from Yale study. Seehttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11696304/Has-Yale-University-finally-found-a-cure-for-vitiligo.htmlA drug that works for rheumatoid arthritis has been shown to work in one patient.
  • Nahongvita

Reaching Out

Hello everyone. I have vitligo and it has affected my self confidence in a major way. It is mainly in my shoulder area on both sides. Still it has become more noticeable in the past months. I am brown skinned so my spots are white. I don't know if me being in the sun a lot over the summer made it so much noticeable. Now I look at myself and feel discouraged. There is just so much information out...
  • First I am so grateful and fortunate that my vitiligo started in my 30's and not during my childhood. I know how cruel kids & teenagers can be. Anyway, I noticed the 1st small speck of skin discoloration on my left hand when I was pregnant with my daughter. During the 3.5 yrs. between pregnancies the vitiligo did not grow or spread much. During my 2nd pregnancy I noticed the discoloration got...
  • Hi all,I'm writing this for you while i'm crying at starbucks . i don't want to let my son see my crying and think it because what the doctor says to him. He show him a picture and cover some picture and tell us"it's gross picture" but my son see it. I saw the fear on my son face. I tried to tell him that he have a magic skin now. He have a good self esteem but not if this will reach his face. He...
  • sams818

Depigmentation treatment

Hi,I would like to interact with people who are going through monobenzone depigmentation treatment.I want to know how monobenzone depigments skin.I know that it kills the pigment but I want to know if this is a gradual process or skin just gets white after 2-3 months of application.I also have thyroid disorder and I am on synthetic t4 since last year.I would also like to meet anyone who has skin...
  • My 3yr old has Vitiligo on her forehead on top of her eyebrow. Over the summer little dark spots the color of her regular skin started appearing inside the big white spot and the whole white spot started shrinking. Now that its gotten colder I see that the spot that had gotten color again are turning back to white.I'm so disappointed. Does this mean it will continue to grow and turn completely...