Trying To Conceive Support Group
Whether you are just beginning your journey to create your family, or you have been trying for a few months, the TTC community will provide you with a group of like minded people who can help. It takes up to a year for the average fertile couple to achieve a successful pregnancy, and here at DailyStrength you will find information and support while you are waiting for...
nightwolfe79
for those who have taken vitex, how many mg did u take per day? also how long does it take before clomid starts to work? its so hard to be patient.
Ayreish
I've been taking Vitex since November 2009 and have been taking 80mg 3x per day. I've also been taking 2000mg Vitamin D every day and recently started taking a bunch of other vitamins and supplements. I'm not sure how long it takes Clomid to work since I haven't tried it. I have heard of some women getting pregnant on their first round while others have taken several or didn't have any success at all. It all depends on how well you respond to the drug and what dosage your doctor prescribes. I do know that you cannot take Vitex and Clomid at the same time. My ob/gyn told me if I decided to try Clomid I would have to stop taking the Vitex. While its difficult to be patient, sometimes we don't really have a choice. I try to keep myself busy so I'm not obsessing over TTC and whether this month is going to be my month. I find it also helps to have a plan if this month isn't it. It doesn't stop the disappointment or frustration, but it gives you something else to focus on.
nightwolfe79
Thanks for the info. I think i may try Vitex. I am hesitant to try Clomid b/c of the cysts that it can create. I pray the Vitex will work.
Ayreish
You're welcome. I've been hesitant to try Clomid because of the side effects, but then when I had to change ob/gyns the new one refused to put me on it anyway because my cycles are irregular! I like Vitex because its all natural and I haven't had any side effects on it. It may take a little longer than other fertility drugs, but it won't wreak havoc on your system!
deleted_user
I also take Vitex. I went to the local health food/vitamin store. They had two bottles with 2 different dosages. I started with the lower dosage and the bottle says take it once a day. I usually take it first thing in the morning after I take my temp, it suggested to take it on an empty stomache. I also stop taking it once I ovulate for the month becuase you are not suppose to take it when pregnant **just in case. I seem to ovulate only everyother month, that's why I started, to see if I can regulate my cycle better
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...