Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling) Support Group

Impulsive control disorder is the inability to resist an urge, temptation, or impulse, even when it may cause negative effects to the self or to others. If you or a loved one suffers from impulsive contorl disorder, join the community to find support and share your challenges with others who know what you're going through.

0 Online

New to Site: Teen with GAD and Trichotillomania

Hello! I'm new to this site. I just joined hoping it would help so I could find some tips to stop pulling. And once I've commited to stop pulling, what are some ways I can grow eyelashes/eyebrows back effectively and prefferably fast?

Replies

greyhame
greyhame

i've read that a lot of people will wear mittens or gloves or even apply lotion to their hands in order to prevent any hair pulling - anything that may keep your hands busy too. i've also read that keeping a journal and keeping track of your hair pulling allows for you to be consciously aware so you can catch your impulse and stop it. Talking about it also helps, so if there is anyone you confide in you can go to them whenever you feel the need to pull.
trichymom
trichymom

Look up fidget cubes. And keratin conditioning treatment for your hair and coconut oil on your eyelids.
lalabub
lalabub

Keep your hands busy and away from your face. My pulling is linked to my stress/anxiety level so that's where I need to continue work to help myself. I've been using a lash serum to condition my lashes. I find that if I am actively taking care of lashes I have been more successful not pulling because I want to be proud of my appearance too. Message me if you'd like info on the serum I use or have any questions I can help you with. I think a lot more people deal with lash pulling than you think.