Tinnitus Support Group

Tinnitus, "ringing ears" or ear noise, is a phenomenon of the nervous system connected to the ear, characterised by perception of a ringing, beating or roaring sound with no external source. Tinnitus can be objective (perceived by a clinician) or subjective (perceived only by the patient).

1 Online
1 Online

LIPO-FLAVONOID

I started using lipo-flavonoid about a week ago. I don't know if I'm getting used to this high pitched ringing sound or the lipo-flavonoid is helping. The intensity of my tinnitus seems to be less...(even at night). Anyone with any lipo-flavonoid experience?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

where do you get this stuff from,over the counter or the doc
boomerue
JohnK
JohnK

The last ENT doctor I saw gave me a sample bottle of Lipo-flavonoid. It's a nutritional supplement. I suppose you can buy it at any pharamcy over the counter. I started xannax (recommended by same doctor) and he was not sure if I should mix the two. Good luck...
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi John, I live in australia, so I dont think that you can get lipoflavonoid here what a shame was going to buy some.
Thanks
boomerue
JohnK
JohnK

I am sure you can buy it on-line.
The correct spelling is Lipo-Flavonoid.
The bottle claims it's a dietary supplement which improves circulation to the inner ear. Good Luck...
deleted_user
deleted_user

I looked for this at a pharmacy once and the pharmacist told me that I should just get Vitamin B. This didn't seem to work for me but I'll admit i didn't have a lot of patience and gave up on the whole thing right away.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Ok I lied! Oops! The pharmacist told me to try Potassium Gluconate and I think I was supposed to take the vitamin B with it or something like that. I have a lot of random herbal pills that i've tried for random things! lol
deleted_user
deleted_user

sister mentioned lipo-flavonoids but
I'm also taking xanax. You mentioned ENT
suggested not both together.Did he ever
say why not. I guess if I decide to try
lipo-flavonoids I'll have to stop xanax?
( It helps with my aniety attacks).
JohnK
JohnK

ronrc,
You'd need to ask your doctor on this one. I believe Lipo-Flavonoid is just a nutritional supplement...The original ENT doctor I saw I would not go back to. I have found an audiologist who is very helpful.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hey John, have you found the xanax is working a bit for you? I used Lipo-Flavonoid a while back too. I found it in the ear section of my local drug store; 30 bucks for 100 caplets. As with all things I've tried, it was very difficult to know if it was working or not, and if I did have a better day or week, was it the lipo or was i just thinking about the tinnitus less, etc? I found my greatest relief by simply dumping the contents of my medicine cabinet in a trash bag. Getting back in shape has been the best remedy for me yet. Exercise, and lots of water. But everyone is different.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I also just started the lipo-favonoid as recommended by my ENT. Don't know if it's working, yet. Also, take Xanax. Haven't mixed the two and am curious about why not?
deleted_user
deleted_user

JohnK and Steppinwolf..
Not to pee on your parade, but all 5 ent's that ive seen said u may as well throw your money in a pig pen and holler.. soooieee!! I tried it for 3 months anyway and got zero! and it is pretty costly too. I hope it works for ya man!!
PreciousBama
PreciousBama

I tried it also but maybe I did not take it long enough.
PreciousBama
PreciousBama

I would not worry about zanax and LipoFlavonoid.
JohnK
JohnK

WOW...this original post is dated 5/10/2007...13 months ago.

For the record lipoflavoid did not work. If I remember right, I think it might have had a placebo effect.
deleted_user
deleted_user

This lipo didn't work for me either.back to the drawing board.