Thrombocytopenic Purpura Support Group
TTP is a rare disorder of the blood coagulation system.Thrombocytopenic purpura are purpura associated with a reduction in circulating blood platelets which can result from a variety of causes. There are two known types: Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) and Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP or Moschcowitz disease). Give advice, share your story, and find...
2nd time with TTP, should I remove spleen?
deleted_user
I'm currently in my 2nd bout with TTP. My PCP thinks that I should have my spleen removed once my number stablizes. I think this is a stab in the dark since "everything else but my weight, WBC, LDH, and platelets" are fine. I'm hesitant to go through surgery and end up having a 3rd bout with TTP anyway.
DeviousIntent
hi..saw ur question and concern about having ur spleen removed and i recalled that a buddy of mine told me after she heard i hadgotten my 1st ttp attact that she had itp as a child and had her spleen removed..so i know that the spleen has something to do with how the platelets are made..um and i dont remember if having the spleen removed helps to prevent or prevents ttp atacks as itp is a lil bit different.. i just wanted to tell ya that i would reserch it i i were u and ask ur hemo.. i only havent because i have had only one attack and it was lke six yrs ago. yeah me~ i`d ask questions. good luck and i am GLAD ur`e in remission! thx beth
deleted_user
The older you are, the less likely spleen removal will work,
traceysmith
Had Ttp twice now and that has been both this year 2015 had plasma replacement both times but my doc has said the next time it comes back they are going to take my immune system has anyone had that done?
MsADSF
What do they mean by taking your immune system. I to have Ttp this is my 3rd time. twice in remission but the second time only lasted a few weeks. I had PLEX and Rituxan my platelets dropped 5 days after. Back in the hospital doing PLEX and Rituxan. Just wondering how do you deal with this? Help
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
This isn't really bipolar related but there is never anyone on the parenting groups, this is the most active group I've been in.My 6yr old son has really bad seasonal allergies and they're in full force right now. He gets a terrible cough; he coughs all day and all night, making it hard for him to sleep, and his nose runs.I've tried every allergy medicine, OTC and RX, and none of them affect his...
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...