TAR Syndrome Support Group

TAR Syndrome (Thrombocytopenia and Absent Radius) is a rare genetic disorder which is characterised by the absence of the radius bone in the forearm, and a dramatically reduced platelet count. Platelets are the clotting agent in blood. A lowered count leads to bruising, and at worst, life-threatening haemorrhage. .

0 Online
  • deleted_user

its not hard to be specical

if your reading about us kids and adults, and its hard for us to a lot of stuff. you can think we always need help. but the most part is that we can do stuff when you can do it too. like I can cook with one hand not have a problem with it and not thinking what I cant do I just think what I can do.I can cut and cook and jump rope and hold books and a lot more stuff that you cant think of when we...
  • deleted_user

What are the first steps

My wife and I just found out that our baby has Tars. My wife is 19 weeks pregnant and the ultrasound revealed the missing radius bones. We are feeling a little frustrated because it doesn't seem like the doctors know anything. Can someone tell me where a good Children's hospital is that has dealt with this? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
  • deleted_user

To Parents Who Have Children with TARS

HelloI am a teenager who has a mild form of TAR Syndrome. I had one of the i suppose luckier cases of TAR Syndrome. I would just like to tell those parents wondering what is going to happen in your child's life that it's ok to wonder. Being a Syndrome every case is different, so I can't help everyone who asks, but i geuss my point is, if you want to ask i can tell you and i will tell you the...