Stillbirth Support Group
This community is dedicated to those who have been impacted by a stillbirth. A stillbirth occurs when a fetus which has died in the uterus, during labor, or during delivery exits a woman's body. For help and support, share your experiences and learn how others coped. Don't forget that you are not alone.
Karny
since my daughter was born still after 34 weeks of pregnancy . I still grieve her with all my heart and miss her every day. I cry every day but not as much as I did. Im not traumatized anymore even though I think I will never be over this tragedy completely. I feel alot better and Im starting to get happy again even though I dont have my daughter with me. The relationship between me and my boyfriend is really improving and everything seems to be moving up. I see some light at the end of the tunnel.
But I have some guilt. I dont go as often to her grave or look at pictures of her. Its like I cant do it. I dont know if Im trying to block the memories out. Maybe because Im trying to hold on to the fact Im feeling a little bit better. I want to be able one day to have her picture up and look at the things we got from the hospital and put all the pictures of her in a memory book. Maybe its just temporary. But Im really think Im starting to heal.
But I have some guilt. I dont go as often to her grave or look at pictures of her. Its like I cant do it. I dont know if Im trying to block the memories out. Maybe because Im trying to hold on to the fact Im feeling a little bit better. I want to be able one day to have her picture up and look at the things we got from the hospital and put all the pictures of her in a memory book. Maybe its just temporary. But Im really think Im starting to heal.
deleted_user
Awe, Thats good you deserve to heal from your loss. I remember putting Logans ultrasound pictures up on our living room wall. At first I hung the pictures on the back wall and could only look at it very quickly. It was to painful. Over tme I would look at it a little longer and if I felt like crying I would. Sometimes I would smile when looking at them. Now Logans pictures are hung over the fiire place where everyone can see them. I think you are doing great. :)
deleted_user
my son was born still on april 22nd after 37 weeks of pregnancy. you put how i have been feeling into words. im new to this group and it feels good to know im not alone. i stuggle everyday.
deleted_user
i lost my daughter freya at 41+3 weeks on may 11th 2012 and i understand where your coming from i used to look at her pictures and just sob my heart out but now i look and smile and my beautiful angel ithink your doing amazing we are trying for our rainbow baby now and we will be soo happy when we make freya a big sister and can tell her younger sibling all about her xxx
deleted_user
I am happy yhat you are feeling better - that is a normal part of the grief reaction. You will know when the time is right to have your daughter's pictures and things on display. You are on a journey, a grief journey, and each step will bring you closed to healing.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...