Smoking Addiction & Recovery Support Group
The CDC claims that nicotine is a "very addictive drug" that can be "as addictive as heroin or cocaine." Nicotine is typically eliminated from the body within 2 to 3 days, however, physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms may last for much longer depending on the individual. If you are trying to kick the habit, this community is dedicated to giving smokers the...
CrystaLynn1988
I am currently 62 days clean and sober from smoking and drinking. It's been quite the journey since I have decided to quit cold turkey. I can honestly say that the worst is over. I feel great! Before I decided to quit I constantly felt useless, confused, depressed, and alone although I was constantly around friends and family. One day I woke up and decided enough is enough. I am worth more than this! Withdrawal was tough seeing as I was giving up two addictions at the same time so suddenly. Unfortunately at the same time I lost a lot of people who I needed to lean on for support. I was betrayed by friends that I considered my family. To make matters worse I had a very bad falling out with my mother who was used to feeding my addictions and thought it was all a joke.I was heartbroken in many different ways and I couldn't lean on drinking/smoking.It was very tough but I kept telling myself that everything happens for a reason and if these people truly love and care for me they will be there for me during these hard times. I spent the first month (the worst of the cravings) alone. I have realized that this was a blessing in disguise. They were nothing more than enablers and would have made it harder to succeed in this journey.
Eventually I realized that I am my own person and this is MY LIFE. I can only depend on myself and staying clean and sober is the only way for me to get to the future I want. Yes it has only been two months but I can not express in words how amazing I feel. How much my life has changed for the better since I have quit. I have not written a post in quite a while and wanted to share a little about my story during this journey. I wanted to also thank the people who constantly post on this website. When I decided to quit I felt very confused and alone. No one understood me until I came across this site. Once I read everyone's kind words, I realized I am not alone. I also realized that anyone can can get clean as long as they have the drive and the heart. So, thank you guys. Something as simple as one kind response and words of encouragement can truly change someone's life for the better, which is something I hope to pass on.
In conclusion I just wanted to leave a little something for anyone who is new to this site: YOU ARE NOT
ALONE. I was in your position once and thought to myself "Can I really do this?" YES YOU CAN. I promise you, the harder the struggle, the sweeter the victory will be. Anytime you think of giving up, ask yourself why you decided to quit. In times of darkness don't be afraid to ask for help into the light. I promise you, in the end you will feel amazing! I wish everyone on this site the best in their journeys! And I couldn't be happier being on such an inviting, kind, and supportive group!
Much love,
Crystal
Eventually I realized that I am my own person and this is MY LIFE. I can only depend on myself and staying clean and sober is the only way for me to get to the future I want. Yes it has only been two months but I can not express in words how amazing I feel. How much my life has changed for the better since I have quit. I have not written a post in quite a while and wanted to share a little about my story during this journey. I wanted to also thank the people who constantly post on this website. When I decided to quit I felt very confused and alone. No one understood me until I came across this site. Once I read everyone's kind words, I realized I am not alone. I also realized that anyone can can get clean as long as they have the drive and the heart. So, thank you guys. Something as simple as one kind response and words of encouragement can truly change someone's life for the better, which is something I hope to pass on.
In conclusion I just wanted to leave a little something for anyone who is new to this site: YOU ARE NOT
ALONE. I was in your position once and thought to myself "Can I really do this?" YES YOU CAN. I promise you, the harder the struggle, the sweeter the victory will be. Anytime you think of giving up, ask yourself why you decided to quit. In times of darkness don't be afraid to ask for help into the light. I promise you, in the end you will feel amazing! I wish everyone on this site the best in their journeys! And I couldn't be happier being on such an inviting, kind, and supportive group!
Much love,
Crystal
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Wooooooooohoooooooooo!
Love your positive attitude!
And thanks for posting, you are an inspiration!
Good Job!!! Good Job!!! Good Job!!! (Sorry had to...it's an Elsie thing)
Love 'n hugs,
Elsie
I know I'm a little late, but Congrats on your 62 days. I'm sure more days by now! Sounds like you have a lot of strength and courage,
Glad youre here to have some support!
Blessings,
Jess