Self-Injury Support Group
Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.
vintagegurl84
I use to be a cutter in my teen years. I haven't cut in like 4 or 5 years but so much has been going on in my life lately. My grandmother died a year ago, one of my best friends died 3 months ago and my grandfather died 3 weeks ago. I have been on edge of fear that everyone is going to get sick and die. All these people died from cancer. My heart is broken into so many pieces right now and I feel so numb that I thought about cutting myself the other night because everything just felt not real to me and I needed something to feel real. I ended up cutting myself not real bad but enough to bleed and to make scars. It felt so good but at the same time I felt bad that I did it because I know how it affected me in my past. I do not know why I am self destructive...I hate that I do not know how to cope with things in the right way. I feel alone and frustrated. Does anyone have any advice or does anyone relate to what I am going through right now. Thanks!
deleted_user
Hey, I am sorry that you are in so much pain right now. I know how you feel, last year I lost 7 people that I was really close to. My cutting got worse after all of that, becuase I was also just entering college. It is so easy to turn back to self harm. I hope you feel better, and if you ever need to talk I am here.
deleted_user
I know what ur going through is really bad, but sometimes did u ever think that "It is life just being life" we are born, we live, we die, that is life, and tho, I am sorry it does not take away from ur pain, I hope it does make u feel better to know that "Life Happens" and although we would like to stop it, we cannot, that power is beyond us, and bigger than us. If we were suppose to know the answers we would never have any questions. But death I do not believe is the end of us, just the beginning of something else. Something that we do not know about, or what it is about and all of that. Just will have to live and get to the other size to find out why it is just life being life. If u need to chat, please feel free to give me a shout DS@Kase
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...