Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

3 Online

1st time I've had to log back on in years

I just need to vent. And this is the only place I know I can... I'm so close to a slip up.... losing it. Long story short. I was abused by my step brother for years. I had 2 younger sisters.. I tried to tell my mom. She ignored me. I stayed. Better me than them right? It was all pushed under the rug. Once the word got out after me trying to kill myself and waking up in the ER. My dad looked at me...
  • SophiaElise246

I don't really ever talk about this...

I never talk about self harm. And I lie to everyone easily why I have this bruise or that burn or those cuts. I don't really know why I do it. It's like I just dissappear from my mind and it just happens. I have been trying to stop for years but I keep messing up. I hadn't cut in months but tonight in the shower when I was shaving.. I didn't mean to but I felt better after. No one knows about it....
  • coexist03

Night terrors

As a comment to something i posted earlier someone mentioned cutting and night terrors. Now I do not cut with night terrors, but night terrors is honestly where my self injury began. As a child and even still today when im having night terrors I clench my hands around my arms, stomach, legs wherever they are at the time and drag down. This results in awfluy deep and painful bloody scratches. Most...
  • JustHelpJustine49

Relapse

I haven't hurt myself in about a year now... with how everything is going though I feel I may start it up again.. I am so lost in this world right now and I am losing control....
  • Alexis09

Falling into bad habits...again

I need new insight, lately I've been wanting to break all hell on my arms and where ever else I can manage to cut. I know this is NOT good behavior at all, and I plead of all you to bring new insight. I've found safety in the very thing that is killing me, and it's terrifying. I need help, and yes, I am in therapy. And on medication...I just want to die a little less. 
  • Tobiethepinetree

Cutting

I've been cutting a lot more lately god I need to break this habit but how can I break this habit when it makes me feel better it makes me forget the past it makes me feel happy it makes me forget about my dad about my mom about about my older sister...either way hi I'm Tobie 
  • caites13

break up

I know it sounds so cliche but i recently broke up with the guy i was seeing, and my first thought was "at least now i can cut without being worried he'll notice."  which is surprising because i thought i was doing well with not cutting and not having urges.. triggers are everywhere i suppose.
  • musicgirl1991

Help

Idk I have been doing really well and not cutting .but today was a really bad day and now it's all I want to do :( I wish I had the strength some how :(
  • TroubledCutter

Non stop cutting after being raped

I was raped a couple weeks ago and I felt powerless, and fell into deep depression. I tried to forget the attack, but nothing seemed to help. I was singled out by my culinary teacher for the bite marks on my neck. She told me to cover them up or get out. I tried to explain, but she really didn't seem to care. She cared enough to call me out at the guidance office where what was said is why I...
  • Hpeacher4521

Feeling lonely

I relapsed a couple of days ago. I haven't told anyone because I don't want to have people worry about me, yet I feel alone in this. I just want to be over it. I wish I didn't allow it to run my whole life. It's all I think about and I know in that moment when I feel like I'm out of control, it's there. No one in my life understands what I'm going through, so it makes it hard to talk about with...
  • stephie32

Started again

so I've been clean 4 years and found myself back in the vicious cycle. Suffer from depression and anxiety. Just having urges so bad everyday I've only given in once .... 5 cuts and sadly I felt so great. Having something in my life I can control when I'm feeling so down or having an attack. Some of reason it's so bad right now is my insurance dropped me so I had to stop taking my meds but I...
  • AloneNdepresssd

I don't know what to do

I've cut since I was 13 well I stopped for 5 years until lately my boyfriend has gotten very emotionally abusive and I have no other outlet except for cutting an if I don't I have an anxiety attack until I do 
  • wild_and_free

Updates

How's everyone doing with self harming? Any exciting news to share? Any struggles? Let's let it all out in this open space :)Im not doing too well with cutting but it's hard to talk to others about it who haven't been through it themselves. They think I can just STOP but it's not that easy...
  • pencilwreck

Relapsed

Today, I relapsed into cutting. I've been cut-free since I moved into my new apartment, but lately the stress has been getting to me. My roommate has a sick cat who defecates wherever he wants, and the unsanitary environment is stressing me out. Combine that with 40 hour work weeks, full time college (graduating in June!), and other mental illnesses I guess I can see why it started back up? I...
  • madala00

I don't know what to do anymore

I've struggled with self-harm and depression in the past and have been doing pretty well lately, but recently I've been having super intense urges that are getting really hard to just ignore. I don't want to start harming again because of the warming weather but at the same time, I don't know how long I'm going to last. I don't want to talk to anyone because I'm afraid I'll scare them that I'm...