Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

2 Online
  • That_One_Girl88

Kat Needs Support

Hi, I'm Kat. I've suffered from depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts. I'd like to talk to someone who's going through my pain.
  • Fly304

Thoughts about death

Ive been having suicidal thoughts on and off now for over a month. Last night i tried to journal, my dr has been telling me to, and i cried for hours. Today i got upset and cant stop crying, it hurts so much. I feel nothing is getting better, things are only getting more complicated. I try to push these feelings out and distract but it seems they come back 10 fold. Ive lost my faith...have for...
  • Tazz_vb

Ways to prevent from cutting

At my worst times and I get down on myself. The urge to cut it very strong. How do you guys help cope or stop yourselves. Please help. 
  • Eelee

Consequences of an eager mind...

I trusted too quickly. It freaked me out so much (to say the least) and increased my anxiety intensely that I came home and mutilated worse than I have in over 2 years. I hate myself right now. 
  • Blueringed_Diclonius

Bleeding only helps for a short time.

Just to let you get to know me I probably have suffered depression for two years and a half.  When it was 2015 I cut maybe twice that year then maybe a lot more in 2016.  In 2016 both of my sisters moved out of my house and they were my only family I knew besides my mom and my mom didn't really help me when they left. I started cutting almost every day that happened for maybe six months then...
  • Justonekitty

How to heal cuts faster?

Anyone have tips on making cuts heal faster. I am usually very good at cutting so I have little to no scars, but the last time I cut I wasnt careful and lot control. I know there is no miracle cure. Its been 2 weeks and they are fading out but looks like it may scar. I dont want to be asked abt them and dont know how long i can keep them hidden (on my arm).
  • KaylaBee

Struggling With Staying Clean

So I've been in recovery for a little over 3 years. I use to self-harm, and lately I've been having the urges again. It's been really really hard lately and I'm not sure what to do. It's getting overwhelming to the point where I just lay in bed and cry because I can't get the thoughts out of my head. I think how easy it would be to walk to the drawer and grab the razor and use it. But I don't...
  • IAmANebula

I don't like talking about it

I never want to talk about self-harm (regarding myself) because I always feel I'm looking for attention - maybe it's because of the asshole voice in my mind that judges other people for talking about it (I don't actually genuinely judge people for it). But if someone else talks about it I'm always sympathetic.But like aforementioned, I have a little voice in my mind that judges other people for...

1st time I've had to log back on in years

I just need to vent. And this is the only place I know I can... I'm so close to a slip up.... losing it. Long story short. I was abused by my step brother for years. I had 2 younger sisters.. I tried to tell my mom. She ignored me. I stayed. Better me than them right? It was all pushed under the rug. Once the word got out after me trying to kill myself and waking up in the ER. My dad looked at me...
  • blah_tiger

Self Harm

I'm only 16 and my life has been pretty shitty honestly. I won't go into details... but I can hardly remember shit from my childhood. Tonight in the shower I started to remember things. I'm not extremely proud but I started to cut again. Now I cut off and on but I try to make sure it doesn't get bad. I'm sitting here trying to figure out whether to talk to my parents or just leave it.....
  • SophiaElise246

I made yet another mistake.

I really don't mean to. I just get so mad and I keep it in for too long I guess because then I explode. I don't cut but I bruise myself. I used to scratch but I stopped. But this week I kept all my emotions away from people. I smiled when I was supposed to and laughed when others did. But I ended the week with a large bruise on my arm. Great job Elise.
  • Angel93

Uncontrollable emotions..

I havent cut in awhile nor have i posted here in a very long time.. but right now all I want to do is cut, cut, cut and cut till I can't feel anything anymore... I'm tired of feeling pain and being alone.. I feel like my blade is my only friend who "gets it".. It's getting hard for me to get out of bed.. dealing with the urges, my depression, and anxiety all at once has been tearing me down.. I...
  • musicgirl1991

I can't do this anymore

I had a really bad day at work today. I just can't handle things anymore. I thought I was doing better . Now I'm having suicidle and self harm thoughts again... I don't know what to do any more I need advice/ help
  • GODBELOVED

Intense Times Even While Attending Church

Hello All,I have been attending an outpatient program for trauma. I have been attending for the last couple of weeks. I  have been greif the loss of my childhood from loss of innocence to the loss of nuturement from abandonment and reject from parents. I am at church while I write this. I am dissociating right now....checking out. I feel empty even bring filled with the Holy Spirit as a child...
  • caites13

break up

I know it sounds so cliche but i recently broke up with the guy i was seeing, and my first thought was "at least now i can cut without being worried he'll notice."  which is surprising because i thought i was doing well with not cutting and not having urges.. triggers are everywhere i suppose.