Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

2 Online
  • Nemo7

Proud of the small achievement.

((T.W.)) I was finally able to talk with my therapist about what happened, I have been holding it hostage in my mind for years and spontaneously told her yesterday due to the added courage of people on this site. After I sent the message I started to panic and get worried, I wanted to self-harm and stop my anxiety. I sat there for a while just staring at my blade and then I decided to message my...
  • lostone10

Frustrated

I recently was told that I was no longer being prescribed my anxiety medication, but without it I feel as if I'm going to relapse into cutting again along with restricting my food to be in control again. I don't understand why this is happening. Even when I'm feeling fine and on top of the world, my anxiety kicks in and causes me to want to hurt myself or end it all. 
  • alexcp

Confused

I have been cutting for about 5 years and i used to do it daily. Since i recovered from a major depressive episode i managed to keep my self harm to once every few months but i still have the urges for no reason. I just don't know how I'll ever be able to stay clean because cant stop thinking about it and i cant help but loving the feeling, wanting to see blood and have scars. I dont want to feel...
  • elexius.york

solar bullying

6:05 pm june 20 2017I cut again and i noticed something in movies the nerd steps up and wins or gets the girl fake fake fake life works like the solar system popular girls the sun and people like me the moon every body orbits them and we use their light to help us be seen but we are underestimated only one group came to the moon to help us they keep trying but it's not happening really we have a...
  • annafreigant

Hurting

I just feel like I don't belong here and that I should be dead I have had the urge to self harm for a while now and it really just hurts me to do it because when I do it people make fun of me and my mom and dad and others always go off on me they don't understand me and what I'm going through 
  • princesspeach

Hi

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I guess I'll just talk a little bit about myself and we'll see if there is anyone who identifies with me. I just turned 27 and I've been self harming for 13 years. When I acknowelege how long I've actually been doing this I get a little overwhelmed because I was pretty sure that the whole thing was just a phase and that eventually I would grow up and I wouldn't...
  • Faven_Elizabeth

I feel a relapse coming

My mother took my phone and saw my daily counter. She asked what it was for and I said nothing but she pushed and pushed. So I told her its counting how long its been since I last cut. Her response? *laughing* you dont have a stressful life, you have no reason to cut. I was hurt so I told her to shut up and she doesnt get it. Yet my brother doing it is understandable but not me. So I am currently...
  • brokenskin

Here we go again.

I've already read a few posts about going so long without harming and then suddenly you get the urges and they are stronger than ever. Well that's kinda of my boat right now. What I think a lot of people don't understand is the self-harm is an addiction. and with most addictions the urges don't ever really go away. you just learn to manage them and replace them with different coping strategies....
  • bookwork

Blades

I need something that i can cut myself with. I need  something that i can hide. I keep scratching myself with my id and it dosent do the same thing as breaking skin. I need advice
  • RylieMichelle

Best places to cut during summertime

So, I havent cut for about a week, but this is mainly for reference, If i can manage to not cut in the shower tonight. But, I wear shorts and bikinis and stuff during summer and i cant cut my wrists. So, where should I cut during the summertime, if i even need to?
  • laurenagb

i don't know what to do

i have been cutting for almost 4 years now. i need to stop, but i can't. i always want to cut. every single thing will set me off. if i see blood, i want to cut. if i see a suicide scene on tv i want to cut or even kill myself. i don't know how to stop this from happening. my boyfriend now cuts, and i'm guessing it's because of me. and if he cuts it makes me want to do it too. i feel helpless. 
  • Stanley

Years cutting- free suddenly feel the urge

I have not cut myself in about 5 years. Yesterday I saw a girl customer where I work who had some fresh cuts on her arm and I just couldn't get it out of my head. I am here to admit that I miss it.
  • Strugglingtosurvive123

Just venting

Ive been having alot of urges lately. I want to self harm. Lately ive been self harming by cutting or overdosing on pills. The overdosing on pills are every night. I just want to increase and increase. Then maybe one day I die. I don't know, I just want a release and/or focus on something that it isnt my pain.
  • penguin12795

since 6th grade

i started in 6th grade, and im 22 now. do you call yourself a hurricane like me? i HATE what i do but i CANT stop. god, someone help me. . . .
  • extraterrestrialone

i don't enjoy

i don't enjoy it at all.  the things i've done and do, have been designed to make me feel bad.  they don't soothe.  they don't make me feel in control.  on the contrary, they make me realize, i will never be in control.  i am ruled by something no less powerful and cruel than a demon.  if i tell people that i am controlled by a demon though, the'll tell me to go see a doctor.  i know that...