Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Skyla0926

Hello

My name is Skyla. I'm 31. I've been a cutter since I was 15. I haven't cut in about 3 months. But I've been getting the urge real bad lately. I want 2 meet new ppl and make some new friends.
  • MadysenRose

Change

So I haven't self harmed in a couple months after a relaspe and so I am getting 2 tattoos to cover my scars after about 10 years. I finally feel like I am ready. However, I got my blood drawn recently by a student. She didn't pull the needle out clean and some blood got on my arm. Granted I work in a different area; It was still stimulating enough to make me think. Can I do this? Can I go without...
  • Hi guys. I'm returning to DS after a really long stretch, and I'm hoping somebody might be able to help me.I struggle with self harming, usually it is cutting, but sometimes if the emotions are really high, I kind of go on auto-pilot (I have no awareness of what I'm doing with my hands- I'll be aware of conversation, or a movie I'm watching, but hands are out of my control) and just start...
  • Im 21, starting cutting when i was about 14 or so. I have been clean for about a year and a half, but part of me misses it badly. ive been strong enough to fight the urges, but ive started a new treatment plan and CANNOT stop thinking about it. I don't really have many people to talk about it with because my best friend has never had any problems with depression, so she really doesn't get it...
  • Angel93

Lost control...

After many months without cutting.. tonight I lost control and I took it on myself.. I'm just so done with family, work, and life! I quit my job cause of the environment and terrible boss.. and ever since then I've been treated like crap and had my hours cut.. and be ignored.. whenever I would go in, I felt alone and like an outcast... I hated it... felt like I couldn't escape... then family...
  • Sandiegoemtgirl

Urge

I've been a cutter since I was 10 yrs old. I am now 34 and I havent cut since for 2 yrs. I was recently triggered by my family. I've always wanted to be an Auntie between my siblings. My oldest sister screwed it up for me by abandonin her first 2 kids. Which I have no idea where one of my nieces is. I've just wanted to hear Auntie Tiff. I was hoping to be an Auntie from my brother who is almost...
  • Hi everyone, I am 16 years old. I used to self harm but then I met my wonderful boyfriend who is 19 (please don't judge, alot of people hate on me because I am 16 and he is 19, It's love) I have been with him for almost 8 months, I stoped harming myself about a week after I met him. BUT....about a 2 weeks ago I was sexually assulted by my bestfriend (whom of which was his bestfriend too) I have...
  • col082

i would like to share..

hi there i thought my account was gone as requested but it seems to have been restored due to the new layout. anyway i would like to send out some good vibes you can fight this. i am pleased to say that i am 2 year free of SH. hugs to all
  • Pocahontas

A small story

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and group. I guess here's a little bit of my story.I started to cut myself back in 2012, I don't exactly remember why I started doing it. Over the years I have gotten worse but this year has been horrible. I am currently 22 years old and I have been getting worse. I have not been diagnosed with depression but I do know something is wrong with me, my...
  • Musicchik03

Numb

Ive been so numb to everything lately that i started cutting again. I would normally drink but cant because im 5mts pregnant so i cut instead. Ive tried bringing this up to my counsoler and i just dont know what to say. Any advice?
  • Lexiii

Self harm

I first started self harm when I was 10 1/2 the summer of going into sixth grade and it first became one cut than 100s and now I'm almost 16 and I still need help I realized that
  • ebrumm

First post

I'm new to this group, and to online support groups in general, but I suppose you have to start somewhere. I started to self harm about two years ago, and have struggled specifically with cutting. My urge to cut would come in phases; some times I wouldn't feel the need for weeks, at other stages I would cut daily for a month or two in a row. It wouldn't always been in direct conjuction with...
  • Hello, my old record for not cutting was 64 days. I am now at 123 days and the last few since i got in a bad fight iwth my mom, its all i can think about. I feel like why even try to stay stopped anymore when even my mom doesnt care about me? She really hurt me with the names and swears she called me and how she talked to me and treated me. This was not like her but she lost my trust and faith in...
  • I'm just venting and looking for support. I'm thinking about doing two types of self harm. I'm thinking about purging and cutting. The only reason I haven't done anything is because I have a new roommate and right now we are sharing a bedroom and I'm afraid she will walk in on me cutting. I'm also afraid she will hear me purging because I haven't done it in a while so I cough really loud.......
  • I'm 26, I've been an active cutter for 15 years. I'm just now at the point in my life where I want to be and do better. I'm in extensive counseling, which is needed, but what is another "something" that isn't negative and can give me the same feeling? I've tried the rubber band thing and ice, and multiple other things millions of times. I need adventurous and outgoing ideas!!!!