Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

0 Online
  • I used to smoke enough marijuana to knock out an elephant and drink enough to kill myself. That was the basis of my coping skills; when I was not either high or drunk I was self-harming or contemplating how to end my life. It got bad for a while; I didn't care about anything or anyone, all that mattered to me was how hollow I felt inside. You would think feeling hollow was numbing - which it was,...
  • musicgirl1991

Help

Idk I have been doing really well and not cutting .but today was a really bad day and now it's all I want to do :( I wish I had the strength some how :(
  • TroubledCutter

Non stop cutting after being raped

I was raped a couple weeks ago and I felt powerless, and fell into deep depression. I tried to forget the attack, but nothing seemed to help. I was singled out by my culinary teacher for the bite marks on my neck. She told me to cover them up or get out. I tried to explain, but she really didn't seem to care. She cared enough to call me out at the guidance office where what was said is why I...
  • Hpeacher4521

Feeling lonely

I relapsed a couple of days ago. I haven't told anyone because I don't want to have people worry about me, yet I feel alone in this. I just want to be over it. I wish I didn't allow it to run my whole life. It's all I think about and I know in that moment when I feel like I'm out of control, it's there. No one in my life understands what I'm going through, so it makes it hard to talk about with...
  • stephie32

Started again

so I've been clean 4 years and found myself back in the vicious cycle. Suffer from depression and anxiety. Just having urges so bad everyday I've only given in once .... 5 cuts and sadly I felt so great. Having something in my life I can control when I'm feeling so down or having an attack. Some of reason it's so bad right now is my insurance dropped me so I had to stop taking my meds but I...
  • AloneNdepresssd

I don't know what to do

I've cut since I was 13 well I stopped for 5 years until lately my boyfriend has gotten very emotionally abusive and I have no other outlet except for cutting an if I don't I have an anxiety attack until I do 
  • wild_and_free

Updates

How's everyone doing with self harming? Any exciting news to share? Any struggles? Let's let it all out in this open space :)Im not doing too well with cutting but it's hard to talk to others about it who haven't been through it themselves. They think I can just STOP but it's not that easy...
  • pencilwreck

Relapsed

Today, I relapsed into cutting. I've been cut-free since I moved into my new apartment, but lately the stress has been getting to me. My roommate has a sick cat who defecates wherever he wants, and the unsanitary environment is stressing me out. Combine that with 40 hour work weeks, full time college (graduating in June!), and other mental illnesses I guess I can see why it started back up? I...
  • madala00

I don't know what to do anymore

I've struggled with self-harm and depression in the past and have been doing pretty well lately, but recently I've been having super intense urges that are getting really hard to just ignore. I don't want to start harming again because of the warming weather but at the same time, I don't know how long I'm going to last. I don't want to talk to anyone because I'm afraid I'll scare them that I'm...
  • ImMeButYouDontSee

Im trying not to..

Im trying not to cut tonight...anymore...but i feel like i need to feel the blood leave...
  • NobodyReallySpecial

Relapse

I used to be a cutter but stopped 5 years ago when I met my wife. Now, I've started again. She doesn't know that I've started up. The only way she will know is if I tell her or she catches me with no shirt on. So I will only shower when she is sleeping or at work.  Anyways, I am going to switch to a more hidden area. I know it's not healthy but u don't want to stop. It is how I'm getting thru...
  • Enchantress1821

Re: Proud

Over the weekend I had an incident with my mom when I got home from work. She keeps attacking me about my boyfriend constantly. I was on the verge of cutting but was able to use my DBT skills. It was very difficult for me to try everything but cut. I got used to the pain. I was able to listen to music, cook, and use the TIP method. Submerging your head in ice water and holding your breath for 15...
  • janev825

Self harm urges won't stop

Hi everyone I'm struggling with my self harm urges. They don't ever stop and I'm constantly thinking about hurting myself. I see my psychiatrist on Monday March 13th and I'm going to talk to him. My question is though is there any medications that help with self harm urges? Also my therapist ran a test on me and I found out that I'm slightly depressed. She said she is going to keep running it to...
  • justmehere

Struggling more than I can take

its been quite a few days since I have cut. But I'm so afraid I'm going to blow it tonight. I have been struggling greatly for a few days. I feel so alone. 
  • imscared

Too much to handle

Ive wanted to cut so bad the last couple days but I haven't. I just recently lost a really good friend the only one I had and now I feel so alone.  I rely on alcohol and prescription pills to get by the day right now. I just don't know where else to turn or what to do. I want to try healthy things but every time they fail me.... is there anything that can help??