Self-Injury Support Group

Whether you or someone you know or love struggles with self-injury, this is the community to discuss your experience, find support, meet others going through the same, and get advice on how to stop. Working together, we can help find alternative coping skills to reduce the urge to self-harm.

1 Online
1 Online
  • has anyone tried joining self-harm chat-rooms ?if so, what are some sites and how have they helped or hurt you ??just wondering ....
  • col082

is this ...

ok so here is a question i may be stupid but. if i am letting my kitty scratch me on purpose (can be bad scratches) is this a case of self harm? its been over 2 and a half years self harm free. its been a long road.
  • abbs_3-

Cutting Addiction

Why does that little metal blade have to be an addiction. Why whenever i'm sad i go straight to it
  • kitkat20

Cut

I'm a "popular" girl that everyone thinks has her life together. I cut myself a lot. I cut to numb pain. I cut to feel something. I cut to know I'm still alive. There's so many reasons that I cut. I need help.
  • Razor91

Raised scars

So, about two weeks ago I cut myself and normally I get red scars, maybe a little bumpy, I don't really notice, but I have one scar thats raised, not majorly but enough to annoy me. I've looked up about different types of scars but to be honest I can't even tell which one it would be, but anyway I was wondering if I were to cut this scar open would it heal differently or just make it worse. I'm...
  • cfa262

Scratching

In 6th grade I started cutting because of problems with my mother that led me to feel like I needed to punish myself. My mother was furious and yelled at me when she noticed (because she didn't want people to think of her as the mother of "some pathetic emo fuck," as she so elegantly put it). After she yelled at me she took away my razor and wouldn't let me touch one again for two years.I hadn't...
  • For the first time ever, I cut on my thigh. 3 deep cuts. One is bad enough that I actually considered stitches. Instead, I doused it with neosporin and prayed to God I don't get an infection.Just wondering if anybody else does it on thighs? Morbid curiousity, I guess. It hurts like a mother and I walk with a limp now.=(
  • carebear57

Relapse

I was supposed to be 2 years clean today...but I melted once my mom started guilting me and blackmailing me. I cut earlier..
  • idontknowanymorehelpme

I relapsed

i relapsed 2 minutes ago, my phone was on shuffle, and it played a song that triggers me. Now my thighs that have been clean for a year are filled with at least fifty cuts. I need to talk to someone
  • CountryGirl8250

New here

Hi. I'm new here. I have major depression and anxiety. I have been cutting for about 1 month. I'm having a bad night right now....I guess I just need someone to tell me that things get better. I really want to cut right now
  • punkNglitter1

New here

Hi everyone. My name is Katie and I'm new here. I've been recovering self harm addict for almost 9 years now with my addiction beginning at age 12. I have gone through many relapses and clean periods and I am currently clean for 2 months. I am wondering if anyone else has been a long time addict like me. I have never talked to a psychiatrist about my addiction. I have been treated for anxiety but...
  • charley2727

*trigger* bad night.

17 years ago I was a cutter...8th grade...loved it. All through high school and college I had an affair with it. It was always there every time I needed to be numb. Every time I needed to feel better. I hated myself. I got help. I stopped. 7 years ago I stopped. I got help. I got married I had kids. I have a great job. I am funny, and out going with these scars on my arms. I used to love my...
  • SilentTeen

New to this site

Hello, so I've been cutting for a couple of years now but I've only just now wanted to try and stop about a month ago. The problem is it's been almost impossible for me to do so, I use cutting to help me go through my life. (i.e panic attacks, stress, depression, anxiety.) I've only been able to stop for about a week before I fall right back into cutting.So I guess I'm wondering if anyone else is...
  • unicornblood

I can't trust my therapist

I've been self harming for about a year now. Three weeks ago my parents found out while I was at summer camp. I'm pretty lucky, they got me a therapist and all appears to be well now, or at least better. They've begun to monitor my texts and Internet searches, without telling me, but, obviously, I've found out. Luckily I've found a way around that. In a way I do want to get "better" but the thing...
  • Titanic5

Help

Just need someone to talk to. Not doing well!