Schizophrenia Support Group
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception of reality and by significant social dysfunction. Untreated schizophrenia is typically characterized by demonstrating disorganized thinking and experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.
crazymoon5150
I have been married for almost 15 years, to a wonderful man ,but only recently have I noticed that his past and the fact the fact that his mother is paranoid schizophrenic,I never put much thought into thinking it might someday come home . to us my H does not show any signs of the disease , but alot of things are surfacing, He and his siblings grew up with a warped sense of how life and relationships were to be, to me and from what i have heard is that his father left his mother when the illness took a hold of her, she had hid it for so long, or more like no one talked about it in her family, they hid it and her like some dirty secret so she never got the help she needed or deserved, my H and his siblings were in their teens when she she went off her meds, and from what he has told me it was ugly, violent, he was 15 when he struck her and knocked her teeth out ot get the y oungest sister who was like 4 at the time aways from her and had to call the cops on his own mother, and it was on her birthday no less, this is just one story out of many, and for so long I sat and listened when he talked , never putting it all together up until the last two ears when cracks began to show in our marriage, we are both 35 , this the age when she went off her meds and things got really bad, my H and his sibs are very closed off emotionally, they blame thier mother for everything , I think that is thier fathers doing, they take cues from thier father , "When things get rough, just leave " as long as everything is fine , they are fine but when things get bumpy they all bolt, my husband cheated on me in the last two years , can't tell me why ,he can't remember things that he said to me, he shuts down , wont go to to counseling, wont seek help, Ive bought books nad pulled up articles, he freaks out , there are other incidences and they arebad, one caused the death of a 8month old brother ,it was on the news ,eveyrone knew ,what was going on, the whole town, I read an article just a few minutes ago about "Chidren of schizophrenic parents' one of the passages was that the child constantly has to prove that they are not the "Bad" guy, thats how I feel, I am not the enemy I am not ashamed of what you have been through I know they are all scared that it's going to be passed on to them, just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on how to break through ?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
Iam kinda in the same boat, Iam a child of a paranoid schizophrenic...
Iam now 45, my dad just passed away, and my mother io found out through her only friend (my godmother) that she was diagnosed this past year and kept it a secret. She refuses to get help or medication and has had this problem since i was a kid... I always wondered why she was soo excentric (putting it nicely)
Funny as i read your post, i go through the same thing with my mother.. i have always had to defend myself to her when i was doing nothing wrong... plus iam an only child with no other support from my family. My mother's brothers and sisters wrote her off years ago.
I feel for you, and if i can help in any way please let me know.
Peace & love to you and your family.