Schizophrenia Support Group
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception of reality and by significant social dysfunction. Untreated schizophrenia is typically characterized by demonstrating disorganized thinking and experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

chocolatemommie
My husband has had paranoid schizophrenia, drinking since he was 18 yrs old he is now 37. We have been married for 7yrs and we have three children. I knew all of this because I worked at a facility that was dual diagnose. We talked on a regular basis and we grew to like each other.. But I soon lost my job because I didn't want to compromise my job or friendship with him... After I left we started a relationship and we have been married ever since. For the last 3 years he as been in and out the hospital the voice our not getting better and his is becoming more verbal abusive, pawning things in the home to buy beer and who knows whatever else... He has become financial irresponsible but does want me to be in control the funds.. He is permanent disable and I we live on a fixed income. He has been in and out the hospital for the last 8 months.. He was release on Saturday just to return on Sunday which he was hospitalized for three weeks.. The meds has been on all the kinds of meds some new and still nothing works.. It's like his is resistance to the meds. The episodes that we experience are from delusion, paranoia just to name a few. His doctor that has been treating him since he was 18 is in a awe because he just can't believe his decline in his mental health.. But when my husband is only stable in the hospital to say the least.. He has the ability to cope on the outside but something triggers the relaspe.. And here we go again. I guess I need to vent and get this off my mind! Peace And blessing. What's else is there to do buy pray for strength and patience and hopefully things will get better...
deleted_user
Sorry you are in a tough situation. Has your hubby tried Clozaril? It is a last resort drug because of its possible complications and weekly blood tests but it is the only anti psychotic that ever worked consistently for me. Other than that I really don't know what to say. You cant really talk a schizophrenic out of their beliefs. But you can not feed into them either. I wish I could help more but I have never been in a relationship so it is hard to relate.
chocolatemommie
To my knowledge I don't think so.. It's something that I can tell his doctor... Thank you.. Peace and blessing...
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...